Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   The tank is leaking! May have to climb out. (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/tank-leaking-may-have-climb-out-22412.html)

Ammo 03-09-2012 06:22 PM

The tank is leaking! May have to climb out.
 
I want the high pick, or the fact that it can be packaged and greatly improve one roster position. It's only a couple of months away.

Problem? Casey's system has been too effective. Nice surprise that we have a coach who can pull that off. The team is scrappy, like most of us like.

So now this team, even without Bargnani playing the way he was has not sunk to a low enough level. And now he returns and I'm looking at some of these teams thinking we're only going to climb in the rankings. Win the lottery or it's 10th pick? 12th pick?

There's a shot at a playoff spot. The Leafs have crapped the bed so bad, it's leaking on the floor. So a playoff spot would mean national media attention in Toronto (for a one round exit). It would also mean free agents could be shown progress.

So, by necessity, we may be out of the tank and building with cap space, moving assets and player development.

LOG 03-09-2012 06:32 PM

I am not willing to give up on the tank yet, but you are right it doesn't look so good

Ball Don't Lie 03-09-2012 06:57 PM

If we make the playoffs it'll be a fucking disaster and set this franchise back another 1-2 years.

jeffb 03-09-2012 07:12 PM

We would have to win at least 17 more games to get a sniff at the playoffs. We would then finish the season at 30-36. That's a stretch to say the least. I say if Bargs stays healthy we win another 10 games, which probably gets us the number 10ish pick.

carp 03-09-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriller92 (Post 624234)
If we make the playoffs it'll be a fucking disaster and set this franchise back another 1-2 years.

Not if we've already traded the pick and filler for a young stud.

Metallikid 03-09-2012 07:21 PM

It's okay, as soon as AB comes back, Jose will strain his hammy. :cookie:

fk24 03-09-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 624241)
Not if we've already traded the pick and filler for a young stud.

If by young stud you mean Rajon Rondo, I'm with you.

DonMughal 03-09-2012 08:09 PM

Want that top-5 more than anything but would never want this team to give up. It's better for the long term with the pick but so is the attitude and the competitiveness these players have.

Bankiz 03-09-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonMughal (Post 624262)
Want that top-5 more than anything but would never want this team to give up. It's better for the long term with the pick but so is the attitude and the competitiveness these players have.

I couldn't say it better.

Superjudge 03-09-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriller92 (Post 624234)
If we make the playoffs it'll be a fucking disaster and set this franchise back another 1-2 years.

you couldn't be more wrong...

Winning is better than losing. Period.

Ammo 03-09-2012 09:52 PM

There is no doubt in my mind that this team is going to fight very hard right through the end of the season, unlike some of the other teams that are nowhere near the playoffs. They have young legs and they seem genuinely pissed to lose such close games. Bargnani back means they have a shot to beat every team that does not show up ready to play.

I would not count on them going 17 and 10 and making the playoffs, but same effort means they will climb.

Now with Casey's system that controls the paint and a full back up unit of Bayless, Barbosa, Kleiza, Ed and Amir teams will have to play the whole game.

And for those of you who have never been to a Raptors playoff game, if they do make it, GO! you won't regret it.

Toby 03-09-2012 09:58 PM

You guys like that big Gonzaga center?

Ball Don't Lie 03-09-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superjudge (Post 624278)
you couldn't be more wrong...

Winning is better than losing. Period.

You want to be a fringe playoff team every single year nstead of getting another young piece to add to an already good looking young core and having even more flexibility with more talent coming in? Its clear this team is not going to ever come close to winning a game in the playoffs let alone most likely getting there, yet you think winning these games is good for our future? Please.

LX 03-09-2012 10:04 PM

The nets and pistons both won tonight. Andrea might take some time to get back into game shape. The team will have to figure out how to play to a certain extent all over again. And in spite of fighting to the end, as the season winds down, Casey and BC will have every right to play the bench guys more, if for nothing else, to see what they have.

Ammo 03-09-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 624302)
The nets and pistons both won tonight. Andrea might take some time to get back into game shape. The team will have to figure out how to play to a certain extent all over again. And in spite of fighting to the end, as the season winds down, Casey and BC will have every right to play the bench guys more, if for nothing else, to see what they have.

Some of us as fans would not mind that, but it doesn't seem to fit Casey's coaching personality to lay down.

And being that there are a group of teams within 1 or 2 games of each other, it's in the Raps rights to say to those other teams, "Is that all you've got? To have the same record as us when we've been without Bargnani for so many games?"

Torontosaurus 03-09-2012 10:22 PM

If they keep playing Rasual Butler in 4th quarters then should be right on schedule :cookie:

lankganglia 03-09-2012 10:25 PM

A number 10 pick would be MKG though right? semitank FTW

LX 03-09-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammo (Post 624313)
Some of us as fans would not mind that, but it doesn't seem to fit Casey's coaching personality to lay down.

And being that there are a group of teams within 1 or 2 games of each other, it's in the Raps rights to say to those other teams, "Is that all you've got? To have the same record as us when we've been without Bargnani for so many games?"

My whole point was that it wouldn't be laying down as much as assessing and doing what's most important in terms of developing players.

LX 03-09-2012 10:39 PM

Not to mention that Andrea sitting out this long is equivalent to laying down. The GM and coach both know what this season is about, and it's not making the payoffs.

Ammo 03-09-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lankganglia (Post 624317)
A number 10 pick would be MKG though right? semitank FTW

More like Beal, Lamb or Rivers.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24