Swirsky: "Bye Canada" - Page 2
Old 07-30-2008, 04:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,756
Representing:
Default

Or Iguodala being picked after Hoffa.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate
 
Adequate Swag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 513
Representing:
Default

Debates on Chuck Swirsky are getting a bit ridiculous.

I get that he was a great guy, good for the team, and good for the city. Those, for the most part, are facts. Can't really be argued. Chuck Swirsky, the person, was great.

Reactions to his broadcasting, however, are completely a matter of preference. I wasn't a huge fan. At the same time, I appreciate the fact that a lot of people were, and I understand why. It's pretty easy to see both sides of this argument, in my opinion, and as such it's a little ridiculous to say "How can you like Chuck?" or "How can you hate Chuck?"

Take Britney Spears for example. We can all agree she's a complete waste case of an individual, but opinions on the quality of her music would probably vary.

Chuck's broadcasting is similar. I don't think anyone has ever met Chuck, or seen Chuck at a public appearance and walked away thinking, "what a douchebag". Everyone, from what I've seen, loves Chuck the person. However, opinions on his commentary are wide ranging to say the least.

I will say that while I've had plenty of negative things to say about Chuck in the past, he's far from the worst. That includes national and regional guys. Chuck's homerism was at least enthusiastic. When you hear some of the clowns that call games in the States on regional networks, it makes you appreciate Chuck for at least being entertaining in some way.

That said, I'm very open to the impending change of pace.

And Acie, that description of Dwight Howard is downright creepy. Moist and chocolatey? I guess when Chuck sees someone go off like that against Toronto it's grounds for some serious man-love.
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,700
Representing:
Default

nope. britney sucks. no room for debate.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,772
Representing:
Default

Quote:
but opinions on the quality of her music would probably vary.
shit or shit after a hard night of drinking

i hope that's what you're aiming for
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:53 PM   #25 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

I think Chuck is a good person and i wish him the best. With that being said, his "ultra" homerism made us look bush league to other basketball fans and his Chuckisms were downright annoying to me.

Im looking forward to more knowledgeable and less biased play by play this year
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,756
Representing:
Default

I like the odd Britney song. She has some ok influences.

There you go - variance!
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:11 AM   #27 (permalink)
in Houstatlantavegas

Scouting Specialist
 
Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,770
Representing:
Default

Peace out Chuck.
Thug is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:14 AM   #28 (permalink)
doing what I always do DNB 24/7 365

The C.E.O Of The DNB
 
Dino Blogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Just outside Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 565
Representing:
Send a message via AIM to Dino Blogger Send a message via MSN to Dino Blogger
Default

I liked Chuck as a person. He did a lot of nice things for me personally. I respect him for that. I have had issues with his broadcasting style and certain things over the years but as a person he is first rate and that is what counts in the end
Dino Blogger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #29 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,174
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adequate Swag View Post
Debates on Chuck Swirsky are getting a bit ridiculous.

I get that he was a great guy, good for the team, and good for the city. Those, for the most part, are facts. Can't really be argued. Chuck Swirsky, the person, was great.

Reactions to his broadcasting, however, are completely a matter of preference. I wasn't a huge fan. At the same time, I appreciate the fact that a lot of people were, and I understand why. It's pretty easy to see both sides of this argument, in my opinion, and as such it's a little ridiculous to say "How can you like Chuck?" or "How can you hate Chuck?"

Take Britney Spears for example. We can all agree she's a complete waste case of an individual, but opinions on the quality of her music would probably vary.

Chuck's broadcasting is similar. I don't think anyone has ever met Chuck, or seen Chuck at a public appearance and walked away thinking, "what a douchebag". Everyone, from what I've seen, loves Chuck the person. However, opinions on his commentary are wide ranging to say the least.

I will say that while I've had plenty of negative things to say about Chuck in the past, he's far from the worst. That includes national and regional guys. Chuck's homerism was at least enthusiastic. When you hear some of the clowns that call games in the States on regional networks, it makes you appreciate Chuck for at least being entertaining in some way.

That said, I'm very open to the impending change of pace.

And Acie, that description of Dwight Howard is downright creepy. Moist and chocolatey? I guess when Chuck sees someone go off like that against Toronto it's grounds for some serious man-love.

Sad part is Devlin is one of those clowns!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:57 PM   #30 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,174
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adequate Swag View Post
Debates on Chuck Swirsky are getting a bit ridiculous.

I get that he was a great guy, good for the team, and good for the city. Those, for the most part, are facts. Can't really be argued. Chuck Swirsky, the person, was great.

Reactions to his broadcasting, however, are completely a matter of preference. I wasn't a huge fan. At the same time, I appreciate the fact that a lot of people were, and I understand why. It's pretty easy to see both sides of this argument, in my opinion, and as such it's a little ridiculous to say "How can you like Chuck?" or "How can you hate Chuck?"

Take Britney Spears for example. We can all agree she's a complete waste case of an individual, but opinions on the quality of her music would probably vary.

Chuck's broadcasting is similar. I don't think anyone has ever met Chuck, or seen Chuck at a public appearance and walked away thinking, "what a douchebag". Everyone, from what I've seen, loves Chuck the person. However, opinions on his commentary are wide ranging to say the least.

I will say that while I've had plenty of negative things to say about Chuck in the past, he's far from the worst. That includes national and regional guys. Chuck's homerism was at least enthusiastic. When you hear some of the clowns that call games in the States on regional networks, it makes you appreciate Chuck for at least being entertaining in some way.

That said, I'm very open to the impending change of pace.

And Acie, that description of Dwight Howard is downright creepy. Moist and chocolatey? I guess when Chuck sees someone go off like that against Toronto it's grounds for some serious man-love.

Sad part is Devlin is one of those clowns!
And the Swirsk will be missed in my household!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #31 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,245
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Sad part is Devlin is one of those clowns!
And the Swirsk will be missed in my household!
And how many games have you watched him call Jeff?
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:40 PM   #32 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,151
Representing:
Default

Get out the salami and cheese mama because I'm hungry.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:44 PM   #33 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,174
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
And how many games have you watched him call Jeff?

A few.And he sucks!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:17 AM   #34 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,245
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
A few.And he sucks!
Well he'll certainly be more tolerable than Chuck. Something that I look forward too next season.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chuck Swirsky: "I've got raps 4th in East Book it" EazyBalla Toronto Raptors 73 08-22-2012 10:06 AM
Separate "Other Sports" and "Entertainment" sections Raptorman Questions & Suggestions 4 02-07-2010 07:57 AM
Swirsky: "If the bulls blow this lead i'll walk to NY" lmao jeffb NBA Talk 14 12-22-2009 05:45 PM
Watch the Live Stream of "Behind the Draft" and "Raptors Traing Camp Part 2" bigmac(rexdale) Raptors Video Vault 0 10-27-2009 06:53 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24