Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Sundiatta Gaines.. Are we excited? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/sundiatta-gaines-we-excited-18972.html)

bodmonshotta 01-18-2011 12:57 PM

Sundiatta Gaines.. Are we excited?
 
he played pretty decent against the hornets yesterday considering the amount of minutes..

but is he anything to be excited about? will we sign him ?


fresh n' spicy 01-18-2011 01:08 PM

well lets put it this way im voting sandiata gaines for mvp (the fans can vote :dancing:)

N64 01-18-2011 01:09 PM

he played 32 games for the Jazz so I don't see how he can't stick around with our roster.

If Caldy is traded away at the deadline Gaines could be backup when Bayless starts.

halphbreedballer 01-18-2011 01:16 PM

All I know is he looks like Jarrett Jack except for the face...

SoGood 01-18-2011 01:18 PM

he's been solid, but I feel that he looks for his shot a bit too much...in some cases it's understandable because of the lineups he had on the floor with him...

i'd keep him just for insurance as there are so many injuries on this roster

carp 01-18-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoGood (Post 495089)
he's been solid, but I feel that he looks for his shot a bit too much...in some cases it's understandable because of the lineups he had on the floor with him...

i'd keep him just for insurance as there are so many injuries on this roster

in his defence, he needs time to learn the plays.... but in reality, it's not worth spending time debating how good our 3rd sttring pg is and what role he'll play.

Don Vito 01-18-2011 02:16 PM

Bayless > Gaines in every category.

TooStrong 01-18-2011 02:50 PM

He's better than Banks, that's for sure.

Gurk 01-18-2011 04:05 PM

I like him. And yes I am excited he is the only reason I watched yesterday's game xD

TooStrong 01-18-2011 07:37 PM

We all should be excited.

finstock 01-18-2011 08:18 PM

He dribbles way too much. And for a PG unfamiliar with a system he should give up the rock earlier. Defensively, he's not atrocious, so that's a positive.

EggsToTheBBQ 01-18-2011 08:21 PM

He's a real nice 3rd string PG.

I don't know how excited I can get about a 3rd string point guard, but he's worth the roster spot at the moment.

js12 01-18-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EggsToTheBBQ (Post 495287)
He's a real nice 3rd string PG.

I don't know how excited I can get about a 3rd string point guard, but he's worth the roster spot at the moment.

+1 He's good, for his role as 3rd PG.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, he's nothing more than that.

TooStrong 01-18-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneironaught (Post 495285)
He dribbles way too much. And for a PG unfamiliar with a system he should give up the rock earlier. Defensively, he's not atrocious, so that's a positive.

Good dribbler, doesn't dribble enough.
Quote:

Originally Posted by EggsToTheBBQ (Post 495287)
He's a real nice 3rd string PG.

I don't know how excited I can get about a 3rd string point guard, but he's worth the roster spot at the moment.

He should backup or even start.

js12 01-18-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooStrong (Post 495292)
Good dribbler, doesn't dribble enough.

He should backup or even start.

Sorry, but I disagree with you.

You're saying that he should start/backup, because he played solid for 20 minutes.

0nekhmer 01-18-2011 08:36 PM

he is playing like how i hoped bayless would when he got here. a great backup would be gaines' patience and playmaking with bayless' athleticism, and scoring touch

merlin2049er 01-18-2011 08:42 PM

Gains should be given another 10 day contract.

jeffb 01-18-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlin2049er (Post 495297)
Gains is should be given another 10 day contract.

Considering Bayless, Bargs, Kleiza didn't practice today and Jose was limited as well....he'll be here the rest of the season imo. Too many inujuries at this point.

Kobe>LeBron 01-18-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooStrong (Post 495269)
We all should be excited.

Yeah we should be jumping with joy for a 3rd string PG.

jeffb 01-18-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneironaught (Post 495285)
He dribbles way too much. And for a PG unfamiliar with a system he should give up the rock earlier. Defensively, he's not atrocious, so that's a positive.

Dribbles too much? Hell, out of the 3 PG's he dribbles the ball the least.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24