Sundiatta Gaines.. Are we excited? - Page 2
Old 01-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3
 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,113
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Dribbles too much? Hell, out of the 3 PG's he dribbles the ball the least.
Where did I state he dribbles more than Jose and Bayless? Just based on last game, he hung on to his dribble to often, just dribbling around the perimeter with no sense of purpose. If you don't know the system, give up the rock and focus on playing off the ball until you do. If he had the ability to slash, it'd be a different story. And hey, maybe he does. Again, just my observations after one game.
finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
TooAwesome

Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HALIFAX or that place where people eat fish
Posts: 172
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
Sorry, but I disagree with you.

You're saying that he should start/backup, because he played solid for 20 minutes.
He's shown that he's a starter in the NBA. Give him a chance, he's a beast.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe>LeBron View Post
Yeah we should be jumping with joy for a 3rd string PG.
You mean 1st or 2nd string.
TooStrong is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 237
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooStrong View Post
He's shown that he's a starter in the NBA. Give him a chance, he's a beast.



You mean 1st or 2nd string.
Are you serious?

And people wonder why Raptors suck... it's because of such low expectations for the team. 1st or 2nd string? Ha! He wouldn't even get signed to a 10 day contract by most clubs.

He is just a D-league filling the bench because there is like no bench. He'll be gone as soon as Calderon and Bayless are fully healthy.
Kobe>LeBron is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,510
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe>LeBron View Post
Are you serious?

And people wonder why Raptors suck... it's because of such low expectations for the team. 1st or 2nd string? Ha! He wouldn't even get signed to a 10 day contract by most clubs.

He is just a D-league filling the bench because there is like no bench. He'll be gone as soon as Calderon and Bayless are fully healthy.
at best he earns a cheap contract for the remainder of the season....
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
wanting harrison barnes

Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 479
Representing:
Default

love gaines ever since he hit that game winner on his first game called up from the d league last season. reggie miller screaming to sign him for the season was priceless.
he does look like JJ (play type) and does look to shoot a bit to much. if he can learn our offense and aim to pass 1st/create plays he could be a quality backup PG if/when we trade jose.
komot is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:31 PM   #26 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

6 Man Like Lou Will
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,629
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooStrong View Post
He's shown that he's a starter in the NBA. Give him a chance, he's a beast.



You mean 1st or 2nd string.
Can I ask what you see of him that Bayless and Calderon can't bring to the table?

I don't think Gaines is a better shooter than Calderon, nor can he finish better than Bayless.
js12 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,765
Representing:
Default

Sign him ... Bayless and Caldy are hurt almost all the time.
We also have no one who can shoot a 3 with consistency other than Caldy.
Carlito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
TooAwesome

Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HALIFAX or that place where people eat fish
Posts: 172
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe>LeBron View Post
Are you serious?

And people wonder why Raptors suck... it's because of such low expectations for the team. 1st or 2nd string? Ha! He wouldn't even get signed to a 10 day contract by most clubs.

He is just a D-league filling the bench because there is like no bench. He'll be gone as soon as Calderon and Bayless are fully healthy.
Nah man, he's a solid player and I don't understand why the Jazz left him go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
Can I ask what you see of him that Bayless and Calderon can't bring to the table?

I don't think Gaines is a better shooter than Calderon, nor can he finish better than Bayless.
He's both combined. That's why he should start.
TooStrong is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke
 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 9,075
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

The Jazz let him go because he isn't that good.

He's a SG who plays PG. You can find those players everywhere.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24