Sun: If Gay is available, expect the Raps to get involved - Page 3
Old 05-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #41 (permalink)
T. Ross IS The Phantom Menace.

Lackey
 
Ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Mighty North Tundra
Posts: 3,567
Representing:
Raptors

Obligatory Rudy Gay mix. I guess it is just a coincidence that he hurt the Raps several times in it.....

Ammo is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #42 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,775
Representing:
Default

Proposed trade?

Trade rumor recap:

Trade to Memphis

Andrea Bargnani, Leandrinho Barbosa, , Paul George

Trade to Indiana

OJ Mayo, Xavier Henry, Jose Calderon

Trade to Toronto

Rudy Gay, James Posey, Dahntay Jones

I don't know if the source is reliable but this is pretty darn sexy!
Kirby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #43 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,513
Representing:
Default

Bargnani, Calderon, Barbosa out, R. Gay, Posey, Jones in? You're right pretty darn sexy.

Don't read too much into it though, it is created by a random fan I think.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #44 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,490
Representing:
Default

If Bargs goes to Memphis, could that mean Gasol would be on his way out? Maybe we could workout a sign and trade with our TPE?

Knight/Bayless
DD/Jones
Gay/Johnson
Davis/Amir
Gasol/Dorsey

Glass looks half full to me.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:33 PM   #45 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Scully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 872
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
If Bargs goes to Memphis, could that mean Gasol would be on his way out? Maybe we could workout a sign and trade with our TPE?

Knight/Bayless
DD/Jones
Gay/Johnson
Davis/Amir
Gasol/Dorsey

Glass looks half full to me.
Gasol was practically a stipulation in ZBo's contract he is resigning in Memphis. Also you have to keep in mind he is going to be willing to take a pay cut to stay there. It is his (American) home town, he went to high school there, it where he and his mother have always lived since Pau signed with them as a rookie. I don't think anyone is going to throw a max at him and I think thats what it would take for him to leave.
Scully is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:22 AM   #46 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,366
Representing:
Default

can we at least get Haddaddi in this trade ?

not that he is great, but that give us a big young man.
Bankiz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:11 AM   #47 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,169
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Proposed trade?

Trade rumor recap:

Trade to Memphis

Andrea Bargnani, Leandrinho Barbosa, , Paul George

Trade to Indiana

OJ Mayo, Xavier Henry, Jose Calderon

Trade to Toronto

Rudy Gay, James Posey, Dahntay Jones

I don't know if the source is reliable but this is pretty darn sexy!
You're pretty late bra.


You're pretty late on this bogus rumour.
DonMughal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #48 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,779
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Loll ya right he actually isn't. The only reason we could possibly get him isn't because of his lack of skill, it's because Memphis is in cap trouble if they want to keep all the players that helped them on there run this year. Rudy is top 5 sf in the league, Lebron, Durant and Carmelo off the top of my head are the only ones who are better or have more upside.
LOL no worries, I agree completely however the Grizz did state they want a star or star in the making to replace Rudy. TPE/#4 from the Cavs is almost a good deal though the Grizz want 'that' player to come back as well. Currently we have 2 in the making, Davis and DD - both players the Grizz could use, Davis as a back-up to Randolph and DD to switch around with Allen on the starting 5. The way BC talked yesterday though it doesn't sound like Davis or Bargs will be going anywhere but who knows.
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #49 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Would anyone do

Demar, Jose and small TPE

for

Gay, Henry and I. Smith?(smith to be dropped)

Leaves the 5th pick and what looks like just the mle or tpe to fill backup pg and center spots.

Bayless/
Henry/Barbosa
Gay/JJ/Kleiza
Davis/Amir/Dorsey
Bargs/Alabi
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #50 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,390
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Comments like this kill me. We'd be adding a young All-star player at the wing position while keeping our draft pick and dumping our two worst defenders. News flash.....we're not getting a superstar here unless we draft one. Always seems like when a rumour like this comes up, and a very good player is rumoured to be coming here comments like "we won't be any better" and "we'll be mediocre forever" are always uttered by someone. Do you expect us to get Wade, Lebron, Paul, Durant, Nowitzki???
Newsflash to you, without a player like wade, Paul or lebron, we'll never be a very good team. Yes, we're not getting them via trades, which is why we have to get them via the draft. Add gay to this team and we're (maybe) a .500 team. With no chance of adding talent throughout draft and no chance of getting it via trades.

So it's very easy, if you like being a .500 team, than this is a good move. If you want to have a shot at something better, than it's a death kneel. Your choice ...
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #51 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
Newsflash to you, without a player like wade, Paul or lebron, we'll never be a very good team. Yes, we're not getting them via trades, which is why we have to get them via the draft. Add gay to this team and we're (maybe) a .500 team. With no chance of adding talent throughout draft and no chance of getting it via trades.

So it's very easy, if you like being a .500 team, than this is a good move. If you want to have a shot at something better, than it's a death kneel. Your choice ...
I disagree.

Gay is still getting better and has yet to peak, imo. DEmar is going to improve, and so is Ed/Amir and bayless. We would still have a pick and one thing that keeps getting forgotten about in this del is Dante Jones who is a very solid defender on the wings. the result of this trade would make the playoffs easily next season and given time ot grow together would become a very formidable team. Still lacking a decent 2 way center there but that could come via mle or draft.

And I would fully expect for Posey to be bought out as well netting a bit more capspace(as long as buyuout is less than the 7.5 million he is owed next season it could easily fetch another couple million in capspace bringing team to close to 10 to add a center with)

Bayless/5th/FA
Demar/Jones/Weems
Gay/JJ/Kleiza
Davis/Amir
Sammy-Nene-Oden?-/Dorsey/Alabi

Last edited by Snooch; 05-26-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:26 AM   #52 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,390
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
I disagree.

Gay is still getting better and has yet to peak, imo. DEmar is going to improve, and so is Ed/Amir and bayless. We would still have a pick and one thing that keeps getting forgotten about in this del is Dante Jones who is a very solid defender on the wings. the result of this trade would make the playoffs easily next season and given time ot grow together would become a very formidable team. Still lacking a decent 2 way center there but that could come via mle or draft.

And I would fully expect for Posey to be bought out as well netting a bit more capspace(as long as buyuout is less than the 7.5 million he is owed next season it could easily fetch another couple million in capspace bringing team to close to 10 to add a center with)

Bayless/5th/FA
Demar/Jones/Weems
Gay/JJ/Kleiza
Davis/Amir
Sammy-Nene-Oden?-/Dorsey/Alabi
um, so bayless, demar, gay, davis and nene have a prayer against chicago or miami? Um ... ok

and that's not even counting the future superteams waiting to happen. If Miami wins the title, which it looks like they will, it's probably going to push the other big names to team up to have a shot at a title. Just think if Howard forces his way to Chicago (or worse, to LA ...), or Paul goes to the Knicks, or Deron to the Clippers...

Yes, bayless, demar, gay and davis are young, but do you really think they'll ever be as good as lebron/wade/bosh, paul/carmelo/amare, rose/howard/deng or even durant/wb/ibaka ?
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:36 AM   #53 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,231
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
um, so bayless, demar, gay, davis and nene have a prayer against chicago or miami? Um ... ok

and that's not even counting the future superteams waiting to happen. If Miami wins the title, which it looks like they will, it's probably going to push the other big names to team up to have a shot at a title. Just think if Howard forces his way to Chicago (or worse, to LA ...), or Paul goes to the Knicks, or Deron to the Clippers...

Yes, bayless, demar, gay and davis are young, but do you really think they'll ever be as good as lebron/wade/bosh, paul/carmelo/amare, rose/howard/deng or even durant/wb/ibaka ?
So really how do you expect we get not one, not two but three stars. The draft only gets you so much, the chances of you getting a highpick are slim enough as is now you want a superstar. If you want proof drafting is a huge risk, see Minnesota. Were not going to get good from the draft alone, unless we get really lucky, but small steps in the right direction like getting a Rudy Gay is what's going to progressively help this team get better.
Blaze is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:40 AM   #54 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,963
Representing:
Default

Jamal Crawford?

If Barbosa isn't in the long term plans, why not?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:46 AM   #55 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,963
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
um, so bayless, demar, gay, davis and nene have a prayer against chicago or miami? Um ... ok
Um....you act as if that would be it and no further moves would be done to add depth over the following couple years. Do you expect us to turn into championship contenders overnight? People always seem to look at one or two moves and not see beyond that as if for some reason unlike most teams we can't keep adding and get better incrementally.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:56 AM   #56 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Was Hamilton, Billups, Prince, Wallace and Wallace as good as any of the players/teams you listed? no. woould that team(of a few years back) give any of those a serious run for their money? absolutely
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #57 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,390
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Um....you act as if that would be it and no further moves would be done to add depth over the following couple years. Do you expect us to turn into championship contenders overnight? People always seem to look at one or two moves and not see beyond that as if for some reason unlike most teams we can't keep adding and get better incrementally.
Once you sign gay and nene(which is a pipe dream anyway), you are over the cap, so you can kiss any significant moves goodbye.

The detroit team was a flash in a pan, and they wouldn't win a title in this age with that team.
Yes, there's a chance we turn into minesotta, which is the unluckiest team in recent history as far as draft goes. Bit you could also turn into okc, Portland or Chicago if you get lucky in the lottery...
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #58 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,390
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
So really how do you expect we get not one, not two but three stars. The draft only gets you so much, the chances of you getting a highpick are slim enough as is now you want a superstar. If you want proof drafting is a huge risk, see Minnesota. Were not going to get good from the draft alone, unless we get really lucky, but small steps in the right direction like getting a Rudy Gay is what's going to progressively help this team get better.
The chances are not slim, we has a 15% chance this year, that's a reasonable chance. If we are constantly in the bottom 3, we'll have a 60-70% chance to eventually land a 1st pick. And about 50% of top picks are studs.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #59 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,051
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
The detroit team was a flash in a pan, and they wouldn't win a title in this age with that team.
This year's Mavericks team closely resembles that Detroit Pistons team.

The NBA is still a star-driven League, but you also need balance throughout the lineup to win. Chicago couldn't win because of its lack of depth.

For the Raptors to be successful, they will likely have to follow a similar blueprint, as this club hasn't been able to lure in the top FAs and haven't had success in the draft in terms of selecting a franchise player. Until any of these two things happen, the Raptors will have to focus on building a well-balanced club.
Northern Neighbour is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #60 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,784
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
This year's Mavericks team closely resembles that Detroit Pistons team.

The NBA is still a star-driven League, but you also need balance throughout the lineup to win. Chicago couldn't win because of its lack of depth.

For the Raptors to be successful, they will likely have to follow a similar blueprint, as this club hasn't been able to lure in the top FAs and haven't had success in the draft in terms of selecting a franchise player. Until any of these two things happen, the Raptors will have to focus on building a well-balanced club.
I see it differently. Chicago is like Dallas, one elite player surrounded by a great supporting cast. To win the NBA title, you need defense, chemistry and elite talent. Miami is going to win, the big 3 is greater than the big D. Yes Bosh is part of the big 3, 23 points against the best D in the NBA while shooting 60% percent in the conference finals.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24