Stein: Ujiri wants to trade Bargs by July 1st
Old 06-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Stein: Ujiri wants to trade Bargs by July 1st

Quote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 5m
First order of biz for new Raps GM Masai Ujiri: Word is he'll shop Andrea Bargnani everywhere he can in hopes of moving him before July 1
:bargs:


Also,

Quote:
Eric Koreen ‏@ekoreen 2m
The only way the Raptors should use the amnesty on Kleiza is if they can move Bargnani for, well, anything non-poisonous.
Quote:
Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm 3m
If #raptors can move Bragnani on draft night it will be better for the franchise than having a pick in this draft.

GET 'ER DONE MU

Last edited by jeffb; 06-01-2013 at 12:30 PM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,792
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm 3m
If #raptors can move Bragnani on draft night it will be better for the franchise than having a pick in this draft.
that's harsh
woodchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,620
Representing:
Default

Keep him to be our tank commander:cookie:
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
that's harsh
Very true though
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
chillin like a gremlin

Senior Member
 
bigmandinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 747
Representing:
Default

Best news yet.
bigmandinky is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Has "it"

Senior Member
 
Ataf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 1,798
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Ataf
Default

i love diz
Ataf is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,401
Representing:
Default

please trade with the nuggets, please trade with the nuggets.
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Masai Ujiri will aggressively attempt to trade Andrea Bargnani before July 1 as his top priority now that he is general manager of the Toronto Raptors.

Bargnani is owed $10,750,000 in 13-14 and $11,500,000 in 14-15.

The Raptors can use their amnesty on Bargnani during the second week of July if they are unable to trade him.
Raptors Will Attempt To Trade Bargnani By July 1 - RealGM Wiretap
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,356
Representing:
Default

dude hasn't even stepped into the office yet and everyone already knows his first line of business and deadlines. you'd think it'd be somewhere between finding a place to live, staffing, scouting and coaching.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
waiting...

Member
 
myklue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 459
Representing:
Default

love this guy. thank god Bargs is his top on his list to get rid of. I LOVE IT. GO Masai!
myklue is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 10,417
Representing:
Default

I fear this is a bit of posturing. Bargnani was on the trading block since February and the problem was always finding takers for him. I just hope we don't do something foolish like giving away a draft pick just so we can trade him ...
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,614
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
I fear this is a bit of posturing. Bargnani was on the trading block since February and the problem was always finding takers for him. I just hope we don't do something foolish like giving away a draft pick just so we can trade him ...
In the 2014 draft? No way
Dario is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,068
Representing:
Default

If he is tanking next season, then there is no rush to trade Bargnani, really. So long as team around him is bad enough, he can and should be allowed to come back and raise his value by playing better, since I fail to see how it could possibly be any lower.

Masai's first order of business (aside from housing issues), should be sitting down with Leiweke and agreeing on a vision, the 5-year plan we've been talking about here. Everything else, from coaching and other staff issues to trading or signing players, comes from that and is aligned with that. If African Chief has proven anything in Denver, it's the fact that he is a patient man who is willing to measure many times before cutting once. Ignore the noise.
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,614
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

We've been too patient with bargnani. But I agree with you mike. We need to get rid of Scott Roth and all of the other assistants beside Johnny Davis. Lets build this on a good foundation. We can retool it and not completely blow it up.
Dario is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
chillin like a gremlin

Senior Member
 
bigmandinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 747
Representing:
Default

I'm glad to hear everybody else like Johnny Davis. That dude is a goon.
bigmandinky is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,614
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmandinky View Post
I'm glad to hear everybody else like Johnny Davis. That dude is a goon.
Lol why do you think that?
Dario is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
waitin for the Samba Twin Towers

keepin an eye on Il Muggo
 
bozonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 478
Representing:
Default

If he can trade him for a draft pick and get some cash against Il Muggo's salary drag, he would be NBA executive of the year. Why not send him back to Italy on loan like FIFA does. He needs to be out of sight one way or the other....Its time to start the new era without his detraction. Everytime he puts a few numbers up the Bargs club says he is rounding back into form...Haha:deadhorse:
bozonic is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,816
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozonic View Post
If he can trade him for a draft pick and get some cash against Il Muggo's salary drag, he would be NBA executive of the year. Why not send him back to Italy on loan like FIFA does. He needs to be out of sight one way or the other....Its time to start the new era without his detraction. Everytime he puts a few numbers up the Bargs club says he is rounding back into form...Haha:deadhorse:
I guess he should also walk on water and turn shit into gold before being executive of the year.

On topic: Mike is right, I can believe that Bargs has negative value right now. The only thing we could get is perhaps an expiring bench player like Ben Gordon or a toxic contract like Boozer/Stoudemire.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 10,417
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
If he is tanking next season, then there is no rush to trade Bargnani, really. So long as team around him is bad enough, he can and should be allowed to come back and raise his value by playing better, since I fail to see how it could possibly be any lower.

Masai's first order of business (aside from housing issues), should be sitting down with Leiweke and agreeing on a vision, the 5-year plan we've been talking about here. Everything else, from coaching and other staff issues to trading or signing players, comes from that and is aligned with that. If African Chief has proven anything in Denver, it's the fact that he is a patient man who is willing to measure many times before cutting once. Ignore the noise.
We'll said, and while I think ab has to go just to make a clean but with the past, there is no great urgency to do it. That's exactly the opposite approach he took with Carmelo btw. Then again, it's just a reporter saying it, so who knows.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
chillin like a gremlin

Senior Member
 
bigmandinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 747
Representing:
Default

Wolstat says Golden State has been long intruiged by Bargnani. Man, If Masai can find a way to trade Bargs for David Lee, I will be astounded.

Last edited by bigmandinky; 06-01-2013 at 04:41 PM.
bigmandinky is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24