And so Rogers screws TV watchers yet again...
Old 07-28-2010, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bang Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet Skeet, She do that thing for 3 retweets...

Blunted Member
 
Dutches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Here
Posts: 984
Representing:
Default And so Rogers screws TV watchers yet again...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/one/
Dutches is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
a POWER forward

Junior Member
 
Lord_Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 67
Representing:
Default

i like, probably bc i have digital cable

more chelsea games on tv? down
Lord_Dirty is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
N64
not here

Wildcard Bitches
 
N64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,584
Representing:
Default

It's all good if we don't have to pay extra.
N64 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,278
Representing:
Default

I'm sorry but I don't understand how Rogers is screwing us?
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Colts are the best

Next Superbowl Champs
 
ColtsBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 180
Representing:
Default

sportsnet should switch leaf games to the second channel and raps games to the main one
ColtsBoy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,952
Representing:
Default

no cost was mentioned in the article...anyone know if this is extra (particularly HD) or part of existing packages ?
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

6 Man Like Lou Will
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,629
Representing:
Default

Those fucking bastards at Rogers owe Raptor fans for all that TSN2 bullshit. If this isn't free, there will be hell to pay.
js12 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,001
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
Those fucking bastards at Rogers owe Raptor fans for all that TSN2 bullshit. If this isn't free, there will be hell to pay.
Owe Raptor fans what exactly? As Raptor Fans we are lucky the games get televised. Raptor games have worst ratings than the Canadian Bocce Annual Tournament
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

6 Man Like Lou Will
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,629
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
Owe Raptor fans what exactly? As Raptor Fans we are lucky the games get televised. Raptor games have worst ratings than the Canadian Bocce Annual Tournament
They didn't sign a deal with TSN like all the other major providers. A "minor issue" that should have been resolved before the season started dragged on for a year. Raptor fans ended up missing over a quarter of a season.

And plus what pissed me off the most was when they finally did end up signing a deal. If you all remember, they rushed to finalize the agreement, just in time for a Blue Jays-Red Sox series. Why did they ruin a season for us Raptor fans, when they can't even afford to miss a weekend for Blue Jays fans?

In my opinion, Rogers basically slapped Raptor fans with a "we don't care about you" ideaology. And that's what Rogers owe us Raptor fans.
js12 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,001
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
They didn't sign a deal with TSN like all the other major providers. A "minor issue" that should have been resolved before the season started dragged on for a year. Raptor fans ended up missing over a quarter of a season.

And plus what pissed me off the most was when they finally did end up signing a deal. If you all remember, they rushed to finalize the agreement, just in time for a Blue Jays-Red Sox series. Why did they ruin a season for us Raptor fans, when they can't even afford to miss a weekend for Blue Jays fans?

In my opinion, Rogers basically slapped Raptor fans with a "we don't care about you" ideaology. And that's what Rogers owe us Raptor fans.
Why the sense of entitlement? A Jays/Bosox series no matter how the Jays are doing or when the game is being played gets at least 3 times more ratings than a Raptors game. Raptors Games draw flies Blue Jays games actually draw.

Again, as Raptor fans we are lucky to even get to watch the games
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

6 Man Like Lou Will
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,629
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
Why the sense of entitlement? A Jays/Bosox series no matter how the Jays are doing or when the game is being played gets at least 3 times more ratings than a Raptors game. Raptors Games draw flies Blue Jays games actually draw.

Again, as Raptor fans we are lucky to even get to watch the games
That still doesn't account for all the other major providers, like Bell and Shaw, picking up TSN2 a year before Rogers.
js12 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,683
Representing:
Default

atdhe.net watch whatever you want.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 22,015
Representing:
Default

I juts hope this channel is free. I don't want to watch games online again xD
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Psi
Only likes Hockey with 'Fantasy' infront of it

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,898
Representing:
Default

This'll likely be free for Rogers customers, but other providers will probably have to pay for it (if they can even get it at all).
Psi is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum
 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 13,266
Representing:
Default

No way i will be paying for another stupid channel when Rogers has 4 sports only channels that i already have access to.

i am getting to the point where i will either stream the games or just not care if i can't watch them.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:36 AM   #16 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,879
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
That still doesn't account for all the other major providers, like Bell and Shaw, picking up TSN2 a year before Rogers.
Um thats because Rogers didn't want to charge us extra to get TSN2 & CTV Globe Media did?

The title of this thread should be changed to "Finally the Raptors are back on Sportsnet!"
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
is getting to the line..

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,300
Representing:
Default

Fuck

this means more LEO and no more Jack at all?!?!?

Did TSN drop all Raptors games? I know the Score is out..
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:02 AM   #18 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,001
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
No way i will be paying for another stupid channel when Rogers has 4 sports only channels that i already have access to.

i am getting to the point where i will either stream the games or just not care if i can't watch them.
I agree.

No more buying tv channels for the Raptors. IF they don't care to promote the game I'm sick of searching for it.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #19 (permalink)
is getting to the line..

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,300
Representing:
Default

Off topic question...

Chris Bosh's return to toronto will def be a big game for the NBA this coming season..

Any chance its Nationally broadcast?
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
disgusted by the status quo

Member
 
zululegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 247
Representing:
Default

http://www.thestar.com/article/84208...ger-cable-bill
zululegend is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24