Smitch: Ride Bargnani, he's one of your best - Page 2
Old 11-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,717
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
I'm not a Basketball expert, it's actually my first post here, but just looking at his numbers, Bargnani seems quite expendable.

On the 3 wins this season he has been shooting FG .29%, and averaging only 2.9 rebounds.

As I said, I am no expert, but the more i learn about this sport, the less I bear watching him play.
I envy you. It's been a long slog for some of us.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
a Raps fan

Senior Member
 
creative1mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,412
Representing:
Default

Quote:
To all Barg-haters, if you are going to keep argue about "trade Barg", think about how bad our offense will be w/o Barg. We are currently ranked 17th in PPG and 24th in Points Allowed. If we grant more PT to Ed Davis and let Barg stay in bench, we sure will have less Points Allowed per game (maybe around 20th), but our PPG will drop to the bottom (28-30th). I doubt we can get a decent starting SF from Barg trade anyways.
if we get a decent sf we will manage... bargnanni takes poor percentage shots and doesn't help jv down low
creative1mm is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
get well DeRozan

Senior Member
 
MBailey85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,392
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
I'm not a Basketball expert, it's actually my first post here, but just looking at his numbers, Bargnani seems quite expendable.

On the 3 wins this season he has been shooting FG .29%, and averaging only 2.9 rebounds.

As I said, I am no expert, but the more i learn about this sport, the less I bear watching him play.
Solid first post.....

I care about this team and what's best for it. I think Bargnani is a good player,but the role he has in Toronto is too much for him to handle.
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
El Barto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 261
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
Solid first post.....

I care about this team and what's best for it. I think Bargnani is a good player,but the role he has in Toronto is too much for him to handle.
There's no doubt he is a talented player, but he is just not the difference maker everybody expected him to become. Sure on his good nights he can score, but it seems to me that his scoring numbers are not a real indicator of what the Raptors produced on the offense, just that the team relied too much on him and did not share enough the ball.

To me Bargnani is just hurting the balance of the team. Maybe as a 6th man he could bring his scoring abilities off the bench; also, I think Davis deserves more playing time, but without a real scoring option at the SF postion it's not a ideal solution either. So maybe trading Bargnani for a starting 3 would not be that dumb.
El Barto is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
There's no doubt he is a talented player, but he is just not the difference maker everybody expected him to become. Sure on his good nights he can score, but it seems to me that his scoring numbers are not a real indicator of what the Raptors produced on the offense, just that the team relied too much on him and did not share enough the ball.

To me Bargnani is just hurting the balance of the team. Maybe as a 6th man he could bring his scoring abilities off the bench; also, I think Davis deserves more playing time, but without a real scoring option at the SF postion it's not a ideal solution either. So maybe trading Bargnani for a starting 3 would not be that dumb.
Bargnani isn't a #1 player on a good team, he's a good accessory piece but not a main guy, maybe a #2 scoring option. If he can put up 20 ppg and 5-6 rebounds at 10 million, and who stretches the floor, he's a piece worth keeping. On a team like the Raptors that are void of any allstar talent, he's trying to be something he's not, simple as that.
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
It's early dude... no need to worry about it.
except he hasn't been above .45 since Bosh was in town.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
except he hasn't been above .45 since Bosh was in town.
not a big deal, you stress too much.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #28 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
not a big deal, you stress too much.
downvoted for posting his FG% was last above .45 with Bosh

sorry for wanting a player who's biggest strength is scoring to do that efficiently.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
downvoted for posting his FG% was last above .45 with Bosh

sorry for wanting a player who's biggest strength is scoring to do that efficiently.
dude, I didn't downvote... stop stressin
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #30 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,016
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
downvoted for posting his FG% was last above .45 with Bosh

sorry for wanting a player who's biggest strength is scoring to do that efficiently.
might be time to get rid of this again since some are getting their panties in a twist.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #31 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,455
Representing:
Default

well, i see many people here saying ED should have a shot. but matt and leo last game had apoint. He has the same type of stats when he play 15min or 30min. so why would a coach put him as a starter.

we don't have a valid option at pf right now if barg don't pick up his game.
but i retain one thing, Barg play a good defense on that last game. i see him better on defense this year. maybe he is not a breat rebounder, but if he can provide us with the same D each and every game against big men, we can keep him.

i really think jose+ross or ED can help us grab a solid SF.
but the list of solid SF isn't that long. And many team wait until after the 15dec to make trades. so wait and see.

as far as barg, if we tradehim be sure we have a return which is fair for us, and don't let us with a whole.
Bankiz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #32 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankiz View Post
well, i see many people here saying ED should have a shot. but matt and leo last game had apoint. He has the same type of stats when he play 15min or 30min. so why would a coach put him as a starter.

we don't have a valid option at pf right now if barg don't pick up his game.
but i retain one thing, Barg play a good defense on that last game. i see him better on defense this year. maybe he is not a breat rebounder, but if he can provide us with the same D each and every game against big men, we can keep him.

i really think jose+ross or ED can help us grab a solid SF.
but the list of solid SF isn't that long. And many team wait until after the 15dec to make trades. so wait and see.

as far as barg, if we tradehim be sure we have a return which is fair for us, and don't let us with a whole.
Can't disagree there!!! Now if only Snooch was around, we'd start filling up that trade thread!!!
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
FLO
sick of the Raptors Axis of Evil: Colangelo, Casey and Bustnani

Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 970
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
It's called not throwing another coach under the bus when you're part of the fraternity. He wasn't exactly complimentary about Bargnani.
I heard Butch Carter rip Casey's substitutions on the Fan just a few weeks ago. ;p
FLO is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #34 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

[quote=Bankiz;710262]well, i see many people here saying ED should have a shot. but matt and leo last game had apoint. He has the same type of stats when he play 15min or 30min.QUOTE]

How can Matt and Leo make that statement when he never does in fact play 30 minutes. His season high is 24 minutes and he's averaging 13.6 on the season.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #35 (permalink)
waitin for the Samba Twin Towers

keepin an eye on Il Muggo
 
bozonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 444
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
There's no doubt he is a talented player, but he is just not the difference maker everybody expected him to become. Sure on his good nights he can score, but it seems to me that his scoring numbers are not a real indicator of what the Raptors produced on the offense, just that the team relied too much on him and did not share enough the ball.

To me Bargnani is just hurting the balance of the team. Maybe as a 6th man he could bring his scoring abilities off the bench; also, I think Davis deserves more playing time, but without a real scoring option at the SF postion it's not a ideal solution either. So maybe trading Bargnani for a starting 3 would not be that dumb.
agreed but I do not think there is a trade there for starting 3 unless its a salary dump or free agent issue...
bozonic is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #36 (permalink)
get well DeRozan

Senior Member
 
MBailey85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,392
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
There's no doubt he is a talented player, but he is just not the difference maker everybody expected him to become. Sure on his good nights he can score, but it seems to me that his scoring numbers are not a real indicator of what the Raptors produced on the offense, just that the team relied too much on him and did not share enough the ball.

To me Bargnani is just hurting the balance of the team. Maybe as a 6th man he could bring his scoring abilities off the bench; also, I think Davis deserves more playing time, but without a real scoring option at the SF postion it's not a ideal solution either. So maybe trading Bargnani for a starting 3 would not be that dumb.
I agree completely
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #37 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,772
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLO View Post
I heard Butch Carter rip Casey's substitutions on the Fan just a few weeks ago. ;p
same butch Carter who was trying to undermine glen grunwald for his job? the same butch Carter who threatened to sue camby because he called him a liar?

no way!

carter is an idiot. i break shit whenever i hear people talk about him coaching here. dude is a disgrace.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #38 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 37
Representing:
Default

Not surprising. Smitch isn't going to throw a former player whom he coached under the bus.

I haven't listen to the interview but any chance Smitch gave any insights (I'm guessing not) on what it is like to coach Andrea?
timdunkit is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #39 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,717
Representing:
Default

[quote=LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!!;710282]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankiz View Post
well, i see many people here saying ED should have a shot. but matt and leo last game had apoint. He has the same type of stats when he play 15min or 30min.QUOTE]

How can Matt and Leo make that statement when he never does in fact play 30 minutes. His season high is 24 minutes and he's averaging 13.6 on the season.
And he does more than just provide stats. The dude will provide multiple screens on possessions, keep balls alive, just get after it. No, he shouldn't get Andrea type minutes, but he adds to the team over good stretches. I saw him be responsible for a rare win when he played good minutes against GSW last season, and he didn't make the difference through stats. He made the team much better.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #40 (permalink)
threat inside

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 603
Representing:
Default

The problem is not that Bargnani's shooting %s suck. It's what his presence on the court does to the whole team.
If Bargnani shot 60%, we'd still lose. He's not a player, he's a spectator.
Once AB's presence gets everyone on the opposing team hot, there's not a lot even the most courageous efforts from Ed and Amir can obtain.
It's so obvious and there's no explanation. Everyone on these boards has played bball in some capacity.
Why would you just stand and watch?!!! Why wouldn't you take one step and stretch your chubby arm towards an attacker? One step across the lane!
Horror! I can't watch this horror

Last edited by moujik; 11-28-2012 at 09:47 AM.
moujik is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24