Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   should we cancel the rogers cable? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/should-we-cancel-rogers-cable-4282.html)

jacketfeng 11-16-2008 01:20 AM

should we cancel the rogers cable?
 
i was confused. i want to know how long they are going to take?
the nba season already started 3 weekds.

guys may be we need to do something to compel rogers.:dancing:

Jay 11-16-2008 09:22 AM

Between this garbage, having them CONTINUOUSLY call/mail me about Rogers Home Phone (which I don't want and have asked to be put on their suppression file, to no avail) and dealing with their constant inaccuracies on my bill (um...how do you accidentally bill me twice on the same invoice? For example: Long distance charges: $7.50...then on the very next line: Long distance charges: $7.50 and this repeated itself all the way through my bill), I'm getting very sick of these guys.

Gurk 11-16-2008 10:29 AM

That's the same thing that happens with Bell too. Sometimes they charge you twice and they also say it was an accident, that's why I switched to Rogers just now. So far it's better then Bell

Dr. J. Naismith 11-16-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 74667)
Between this garbage, having them CONTINUOUSLY call/mail me about Rogers Home Phone (which I don't want and have asked to be put on their suppression file, to no avail) and dealing with their constant inaccuracies on my bill (um...how do you accidentally bill me twice on the same invoice? For example: Long distance charges: $7.50...then on the very next line: Long distance charges: $7.50 and this repeated itself all the way through my bill), I'm getting very sick of these guys.

Replace your rant with Bell and that exactly how I feel. Outside of this inconvienence with Raptors games I've had nothing but great service from Rogers. Bell on the other hand is fuckin' terrible which starts with the customer service which is now relocated to India. No offense to East Indian people, but most of Bell's call centre reps there can't speak a lick of English. Very frustrating. :mad:

Gurk 11-16-2008 10:36 AM

Even Dell did that too. Whenever you call it's some next guy that you can't understand what he saying. Every company is starting to do that. Bastards taking advantage of Indians :angryfire:

Dr. J. Naismith 11-16-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurkang (Post 74687)
Even Dell did that too. Whenever you call it's some next guy that you can't understand what he saying. Every company is starting to do that. Bastards taking advantage of Indians :angryfire:

Yeah, but your at least East Indian gurk which I assume you speak their native tongue. Me, your typical anglo caucasian is as English as it gets.

Gurk 11-16-2008 10:39 AM

Yea i can understand and speak but usually I can't understand hindi cuase people in India speak so fast. If they were Punjabi I would understand easily

LX 11-16-2008 10:46 AM

There needs to be a real choice. All these guys are the equivalent of the railroad tycoons of the 19th Century. No real competition, or accountability, and profits made using the rights to what is ultimately our public airwaves.

Gurk 11-16-2008 10:47 AM

LX why don't you start a cable company??????

LX 11-16-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurkang (Post 74699)
LX why don't you start a cable company??????

Good question Gurk. Actually there have been attempts to have new competitors come in, but Rogers and Bell can get them shot down by lobbying the CRTC. It's simply very difficult to get CRTC approval. Now the CRTC is supposed to be managing and regulating the use of our airwaves, for the purposes of protecting our rights. But huge corporations carry more weight sadly.

Dr. J. Naismith 11-16-2008 11:04 AM

LXcellence Broacasting :D

Has a nice ring to it doesn't it LX? ;)

Acie 11-16-2008 11:07 AM

Essentially what it boils down to is picking the lesser of two evils.

Right now we have Bell, but when we move I'm going to Star Choice.

LX 11-16-2008 11:13 AM

I could have my own channel featuring most of the bad TV of the 80's, all taken from my own video collection. I should be putting it all on youtube or something. Maybe someday. Really, people should be paying to see Mister Rogers getting kids comfortable with the idea of a toilet in his later crazy years, or some of those whack shows out of Hamilton. Anyone ever see this women named Grace with a talk show out of the Sault? Holy crap she was good at displaying her lack of any intelligence while in front of a camera.

Gurk 11-16-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith (Post 74708)
LXcellence Broacasting :D

Has a nice ring to it doesn't it LX? ;)

Yea that would be a nice name LOL

jacketfeng 11-16-2008 11:45 AM

shit i just boughy the hd pvr from rogers.

insight_tor 11-16-2008 02:04 PM

What can you do is to cancel some of the features you are not using. For me is difficult to cancel Rogers as we have a discount in our building (a trick anyway, we are paying from our monthly condo fee).

jacketfeng 11-16-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insight_tor (Post 74887)
What can you do is to cancel some of the features you are not using. For me is difficult to cancel Rogers as we have a discount in our building (a trick anyway, we are paying from our monthly condo fee).

good idea

jacketfeng 11-16-2008 11:05 PM

how come sportsnet doesn't broadcast NBA this year?

Jay 11-16-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacketfeng (Post 75318)
how come sportsnet doesn't broadcast NBA this year?

To much scintillating poker to cover.

I used to be with Bell and it sucked there too, so yes, they both suck. I'm just going to start using carrier pigeons to contact people and just go with the old radio for games.

CB4 11-17-2008 12:30 AM

i have bell. I like it. I can watch all 82 games so it sits fine with me:)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24