Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Setting the record straight about Lowry. (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/setting-record-straight-about-lowry-24166.html)

TORaptor4Ever 12-04-2012 12:37 AM

Setting the record straight about Lowry.
 
The guy is playing INJURED.

This isn't speculation... this is FACT.

And yet even injured he's probably the best player on this team.

He's currently avging 16/6/5 on 43% FG and 39% 3P.

He takes 12 shots/gm and gets to the line about 5 times/gm.


Tonight's numbers? Even with people screaming bloody murder about him?

24 pts, 3 rebs, 7 assists, 3 blks, 11/11 FTs


So WTF are people on about???? I don't get it.

He may not make the perfect play EVERY time down floor but the guy is a WINNER. You can tell just by the way he plays the game. Gets after it on both ends and gives up his body under the rim all the time. Tough as nails. EXACTLY the kind of player that we need here in Toronto.

Honestly.... check the hate.

Dark Knight 12-04-2012 12:38 AM

Who's hating? I'll mess em up. :reporter:

LOG 12-04-2012 12:39 AM

Could we lock this thread from raptor123? :lol:

moremilk 12-04-2012 12:40 AM

He's a very well rounded player, but his shot selection is his big weakness. Those early in the shot clock 3pt shots are very ugly.

TORaptor4Ever 12-04-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 713894)
Could we lock this thread from raptor123? :lol:

On the contrary... I hope that he comes in and tries to justify his stance.

Should be entertaining. Bargs88 is more than welcome too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moremilk (Post 713895)
He's a very well rounded player, but his shot selection is his big weakness. Those early in the shot clock 3pt shots are very ugly.

Those are few and far between... in spite of what some may lead you to believe. Maybe 1 or 2 a game? If that?

jeffb 12-04-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 713894)
Could we lock this thread from raptor123? :lol:

Post Calderon's numbers tonight, that should shut him up for now. :lol:

Someguy again 12-04-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 713890)
Honestly.... check the hate.

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Bargn88 12-04-2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 713899)
On the contrary... I hope that he comes in and tries to justify his stance.

Should be entertaining. Bargs88 is more than welcome too.



Those are few and far between... in spite of what some may lead you to believe. Maybe 1 or 2 a game? If that?

His first half shot selection was poor, as was his defence.

His stat line ended up looking a bit more respectable because he started driving and drawing contact and earning points at the line.

He wasn't the best player tonight, and far from it. I thought Ed Davis and Ross were more valuable in limited time than most of the starters

moremilk 12-04-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 713899)
On the contrary... I hope that he comes in and tries to justify his stance.

Should be entertaining. Bargs88 is more than welcome too.



Those are few and far between... in spite of what some may lead you to believe. Maybe 1 or 2 a game? If that?

Yeah, but they're totally avoidable and very bad form for a PG because they send the wrong message to his teammates.

Ball Don't Lie 12-04-2012 12:54 AM

I've always been a big Lowry supporter and I wont be deterred by a few subpar games due to his ankle. He plays extremely hard, is uber compettitive, and the best thing about him is he improves his game every year. I think once our lineup gets better, it'll make Lowry that much more dangerous with less attention paid to him. Hopefully once this ridiculous stretch is over and we get some rest time for his ankle, he'll come back and play like he did earlier in the year, and hopefully by that point we're fully healthy, and one of our SF's steps up and plays consistently. I know its unrealistic, but thats the hope.

INSIDER 12-04-2012 12:54 AM

Hmmm. His line from tonight looks like a Westbrook stat line. Interesting.

EggsToTheBBQ 12-04-2012 12:54 AM

I think a lot of people were expecting Lowry to be a big improvement over Jose, and that would translate into wins.

Fact is that Jose was the best player on the Raptors before Lowry arrived, so the upgrade wasn't enough to make the team substantially better. (Why would BC improve the strongest position in the offseason? Unless he has a PG fixation...)

The Raptors are the second worst team in the NBA right now, and the problem is at the other 4 positions (I'd say the 3, 5 and 4 spots are the weakest, in that order, SG seems OK with DD and TR playing well).

jeffb 12-04-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bargn88 (Post 713905)
His first half shot selection was poor, as was his defence.

His stat line ended up looking a bit more respectable because he started driving and drawing contact and earning points at the line.

He wasn't the best player tonight, and far from it. I thought Ed Davis and Ross were more valuable in limited time than most of the starters

He had 6 shots in ther first half, ONE pull up jumper and also included 3 drives to the basket. He left the game near the end of of the first quarter we were up 3 and he had taken a whole 3 shots. He came back with about 7min left in the 2nd and we were down around 12 i believe. He then took 3 more shots the rest of the quarter going 1-3. Second half he went off for 20pts/5asts and he was the main reason it was close in the end. It's a fact that he's not 100%, but you couldn't ask more from him tonight that's for sure.


Oh yeah, he took a GRAND TOTAL OF 4 3PT shots tonight. Two per half if i'm not mistaken.

jeffb 12-04-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 713910)
Hmmm. His line from tonight looks like a Westbrook stat line. Interesting.

You didn't watch the game did you? And isn't Westbrook an All-star?

moremilk 12-04-2012 12:58 AM

I would also like him to see him distribute more when he drives, I want to believe this is because our wing players are bad shooters, but I think the true reason is he likes to score more than he likes to pass. Too often he drives and gets his shot blocked because he's forcing the issue. With his height, it's pretty tough under the basket and now that we have pietrus on the wings, there are no excuses not to pass to the corner He had a few dishes tonight, too bad pietrus appears to suffer from the kapono disease and has a strange reluctance to shoot ...

RaptorsandBuckeye FaN 12-04-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 713900)
Post Calderon's numbers tonight, that should shut him up for now. :lol:

Nothing you post will shut him up about this topic. The dude is loss.

jeffb 12-04-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moremilk (Post 713917)
I would also like him to see him distribute more when he drives, I want to believe this is because our wing players are bad shooters, but I think the true reason is he likes to score more than he likes to pass. Too often he drives and gets his shot blocked because he's forcing the issue. With his height, it's pretty tough under the basket and now that we have pietrus on the wings, there are no excuses not to pass to the corner He had a few dishes tonight, too bad pietrus appears to suffer from the kapono disease and has a strange reluctance to shoot ...

I'd also like to see him pass the ball into guys like Derozan/Kleiza and even at times Bargnani and get the damn ball back once in a while. He often comes down passes it into Demar 17ft from the basket and demar holds onto it and takes a spin away fadeaway shot. There needs to be much better overall ball movement from everyone including the wings. The ball sticks FAR too much with our wing players imo.

TORaptor4Ever 12-04-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bargn88 (Post 713905)
His first half shot selection was poor, as was his defence.

His stat line ended up looking a bit more respectable because he started driving and drawing contact and earning points at the line.

He wasn't the best player tonight, and far from it. I thought Ed Davis and Ross were more valuable in limited time than most of the starters

Where's that facepalm smiley? Is that still around?

Quote:

Originally Posted by moremilk (Post 713906)
Yeah, but they're totally avoidable and very bad form for a PG because they send the wrong message to his teammates.

You know that EVERY star PG in the NBA does this right? Except maybe Rondo since he's not much of an outside shooter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 713910)
Hmmm. His line from tonight looks like a Westbrook stat line. Interesting.

If we a scorer like Durant on this team I might be more concerned. ;)

TORaptor4Ever 12-04-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 713923)
I'd also like to see him pass the ball into guys like Derozan/Kleiza and even at times Bargnani and get the damn ball back once in a while. He often comes down passes it into Demar 17ft from the basket and demar holds onto it and takes a spin away fadeaway shot. There needs to be much better overall ball movement from everyone including the wings. The ball sticks FAR too much with our wing players imo.


Agreed.

That one play where the ball moved about 5 or 6 times before Ross hit a 3 was beautiful.

Calgary Jazz 12-04-2012 01:10 AM

Thing about Lowry is he is great for fantasy teams - gets his stats, fights hard, goes for every ball, etc,etc. But he is to dumb and to selfish to be a winning PG. Sorry but his basketball IQ is very low. He goes for a lot of offensive rebounds he has no chance of getting leaving his opponents open for fast breaks. Early shots in the clock when nobody from teammates yet is in position even for rebounding? That is teenager mistakes, should be yanked after that and given good speech by coach. Or game vs Houston, Raptors cutting in the lead and he had 2 on 1 break after stealing the ball with some other Raptor under the basket for easy 2 - instead he does stupidest thing.. steps back for three, misses, ball goes other way and all momentum is gone.
All in all I like his hustle and heart - do not like his brain. Not sure if that is correctable.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24