Sadly, it's the Coach.....
Old 12-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default Sadly, it's the Coach.....

Ok.

Sadly I have to admit, Triano has to go.

Here's why.

He has a team picked by his GM.

His GM will not admit defeat.

He has Soft players, who either cannot or will not play defence.

His pieces arent going to change as there is almost no room to change them.

The only way to change this team, since it is excelling at the actual technique part of sport, and failing still, is to improve the effort level.

After 20 games.
After another star completely makes the "franchise" his bitch and gets zero resistance.
After Wright publicly makes astatement about team toughness.
After Weems says they screw around and dont take games seriously.
After Bosh says time for talking is done....again.

They still come out against one of the leagues softest squad and get completely manhandled by the Suns in every aspect of the game, with a nice little asskicking fould by Stoudamire on Bosh for good measure...... again, unresisted.


Triano has to grab the reigns.

He has not.

Problem is, who do you bring in? Red Aurbach is dead, And Coach Norman Dale isn't real.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Is The:

Chairman of the Boards
 
gdaytday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,478
Representing:
Default

Reggie Theus would be my vote. He always found a way to get the Deering Tornadoes to give it their all.
gdaytday is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,911
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Ok.

Sadly I have to admit, Triano has to go.

Here's why.

He has a team picked by his GM.

His GM will not admit defeat.
The GM can and has admitted mistakes and not someone who'll sit around doing nothing. The fact is these players can play Defence better then they have, many of them have proven that in other places (ie: Wright, Jack, Amir, Evans), the issue is the coach and his philosophy and how it's not resinating with this roster at all. You can see it out there, they haven't got a clue out there and look completelt lost. They aren't world beaters on D by any stretch but they should be better based on talent. But Triano's schemes or lack thereof are a joke.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,686
Representing:
Default

as i said in another thread, i'd be shocked if they fire him. there's no way mlse is going to pay 3 head coaching salaries at once, and they have a built-in excuse with the 9 new players thing. he's here to stay for the year at least.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Heh.

I guess my point is that Toronto is mired with a giant issue that can only be changed by the players.

They are not a tough group.
They lack a true leader that the seem to want to follow or respect.

So what can you do????????????

Will the MLSE call out Colangelo....hell no.

So???

I dunno.

Whats the cap at next year?

If by some crazy turn of fate, Colangelo can play on Kobe's ego, and get him to come to Toronto as a challenge after he gets his second championship in LA this year, and we can let Bosh walk, think we can see a difference???

Bosh is trying, but Kobe brings a mountain of respect, and a mountain or influence.

Now THIS is my crazy far fetched dream at this point.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,911
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
as i said in another thread, i'd be shocked if they fire him. there's no way mlse is going to pay 3 head coaching salaries at once, and they have a built-in excuse with the 9 new players thing. he's here to stay for the year at least.
I agree unless Sam gets another gig or they fire Jay and place Iavaroni as the interim HC for the remainder of the season, which imo is no better.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

colangelo should have the Boys from Italy make Sam and Triano...."Disappear"
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3
 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,140
Representing:
Default

I don't think Triano deserves to go just yet..nor do I think he'll be fired at any juncture during the season..But, if I'm BC and I'm seeking potential candidates, I'd extend invites to guys like Jeff Van, Avery Johnson, Mike Fratello..
finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,911
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneironaught View Post
I don't think Triano deserves to go just yet..nor do I think he'll be fired at any juncture during the season..But, if I'm BC and I'm seeking potential candidates, I'd extend invites to guys like Jeff Van, Avery Johnson, Mike Fratello..
+1


Should have been done 6 months ago!!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
as i said in another thread, i'd be shocked if they fire him. there's no way mlse is going to pay 3 head coaching salaries at once, and they have a built-in excuse with the 9 new players thing. he's here to stay for the year at least.
MLSE is already paying Colangelo

Nets and Hornets both have their GM's coaching

BC built the team, lets see how he likes it with an up close experience

Last edited by Windex; 12-01-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
x_kaptain_x
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

it's BC's fault, he drafted bargloni... If we had roy.... royy....?? seriously, I can't envision anything but a championship run in my head, idunno about you guys
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
damn_ryght's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 151
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdaytday View Post
Reggie Theus would be my vote. He always found a way to get the Deering Tornadoes to give it their all.
hahahaha hang time frickin OWNS!
damn_ryght is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,915
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_kaptain_x View Post
it's BC's fault, he drafted bargloni... If we had roy.... royy....?? seriously, I can't envision anything but a championship run in my head, idunno about you guys
The only 2 guys that didn't have injury concerns coming into that draft were Bargnani and Gay. People bitch about how Colangelo took Bargnani, but look at how many other teams passed on Roy. Roy was the most finished product coming out of that draft class, but sometimes you look more longterm and gun for potential.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,903
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
If by some crazy turn of fate, Colangelo can play on Kobe's ego, and get him to come to Toronto as a challenge after he gets his second championship in LA this year, and we can let Bosh walk, think we can see a difference???


Now THIS is my crazy far fetched dream at this point.

m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,429
Representing:
Default

This was a team that came into the season with marginal talent that would do well to finish at .500 and make the playoffs.

I think we are still on pace for that. I can't imagine any coach coming in here and making this shit shine.
XiaominWu is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
KABOOOOOOOSHHHH

straight out of COMPTON
 
CB4Real's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,284
Representing:
Default

we need a hard ass coach like sam mitchell
CB4Real is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
in Houstatlantavegas

Scouting Specialist
 
Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,760
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
as i said in another thread, i'd be shocked if they fire him. there's no way mlse is going to pay 3 head coaching salaries at once, and they have a built-in excuse with the 9 new players thing. he's here to stay for the year at least.
Exactly.

Why Triano got a extension this offseason is really beyond me.
Thug is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaominWu View Post
This was a team that came into the season with marginal talent that would do well to finish at .500 and make the playoffs.

I think we are still on pace for that. I can't imagine any coach coming in here and making this shit shine.
Honestly Wu.... did you realy feel like that when all the changes were announced in the off-season?

Because I sure didn't.

The problem here starts and ends with the players.

1) Wright has been a massive disappointment. His offense is so horrendous that he's almost a liability on the floor at this point.

2) Evans has been hurt and has yet to see the floor.

3) Bargs has regressed on D on only plays with energy when he has the chance to shoot the ball 15 times/gm.

4) Hedo (the guy who was supposed to come in and be our "2nd banana") is avging 14/4/4.... and routinely disappears completely in games.

5) Jose (God love him) constantly gets exposed since no one else on the team can play D.

6) DD (A rookie) is starting and learning as he goes.


#5 and #6 are the only ones of the group that I really expected... and even #5... I didn't honestly think it would be this bad.

The first 4 have hurt the team a lot.... and I'm not sure if any coach is going to be able to fix that.

So if that's the case, you pretty much HAVE to put the blame on the GM no?
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Honestly Wu.... did you realy feel like that when all the changes were announced in the off-season?

Because I sure didn't.

The problem here starts and ends with the players.

1) Wright has been a massive disappointment. His offense is so horrendous that he's almost a liability on the floor at this point.

2) Evans has been hurt and has yet to see the floor.

3) Bargs has regressed on D on only plays with energy when he has the chance to shoot the ball 15 times/gm.

4) Hedo (the guy who was supposed to come in and be our "2nd banana") is avging 14/4/4.... and routinely disappears completely in games.

5) Jose (God love him) constantly gets exposed since no one else on the team can play D.

6) DD (A rookie) is starting and learning as he goes.


#5 and #6 are the only ones of the group that I really expected... and even #5... I didn't honestly think it would be this bad.

The first 4 have hurt the team a lot.... and I'm not sure if any coach is going to be able to fix that.

So if that's the case, you pretty much HAVE to put the blame on the GM no?
Funny, first you qualify your post saying that the GM has made changes and you almost imply that you thought they were for the better.

Then you list 6 reasons that have nothing really to do with the GM but more so due to extenuating circumstances and/or player development (which should come down to the coaching staff since so many here thought Bargs development last year was due to Triano).

So, I'm curious how this is the GM's fault according to your post.

I haven't been a fan of Triano for a long, long, long time (it's documented) but we're stuck with him. Funny though, the other property of MLSE never allows rookie coaches to get hired. The Raptors? Always!
Claudius is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
ibra the great

Member
 
arsonal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brampton
Posts: 478
Representing:
Default

i've said it before this team i'snt going anywhere if the traino is not fired..BC didnt think about this one imo...demote this guy and bring in someone like bryan scott
arsonal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hedo: Yes COACH Nites Toronto Raptors 26 01-20-2010 01:38 PM
Former Raptors head coach the new USC head coach FR33RIDE Toronto Raptors 9 06-22-2009 10:23 AM
So who's the next coach? Acie Toronto Raptors 49 11-24-2008 09:24 PM
Arsenalist: Smitch - Good coach, bad team or bad team, good coach? Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 21 10-24-2008 08:51 PM
New Coach for Raps Snooch Toronto Raptors 4 07-15-2008 05:37 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24