Rumour: Raps looking to move Vasquez - Page 2
Old 02-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 865
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
Fuck that.. not giving up GV for Miller. 2nd round pick for Andre Miller and package Vasquez with another bench piece for a backup SG or big.

That doesn't mean I dislike Miller, just that I think he will be really cheap.
i think Gv and one of our 2 2nd rounders this year is very fair offer for a player who is still owed 5 million for next year. He would be a great back up
omar36 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,896
Representing:
Default

You guys must really think MU is stupid....no way he goes after miller. I know hes already a miracle worker, but the LAST thing MU would do is go after a guy with attitude problems ahahahahahha, especially with the team playing as well as it is.
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,223
Representing:
Default

So much for him staying here for the rest of his career lol. I'm not averse to trading him but I was really enjoying a solid backup with no point guard controversy for once.
Blaze is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,211
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5racer View Post
You guys must really think MU is stupid....no way he goes after miller. I know hes already a miracle worker, but the LAST thing MU would do is go after a guy with attitude problems ahahahahahha, especially with the team playing as well as it is.
Andre Miller would be huge improvement over Vasquez IMO. As for Masai, from what I read he really likes Miller.
Nuggets exec praises Andre Miller, says team doesn't want to trade him
Nuggets, Andre Miller express eagerness to re-sign contract - The Denver Post
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
So much for him staying here for the rest of his career lol. I'm not averse to trading him but I was really enjoying a solid backup with no point guard controversy for once.
I guess we all have different definitions of solid because GV's play has been pretty poor while he's been here.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
is Fired Up!

Member
 
Fröz-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 329
Representing:
Default

It's intriguing. But it would all have to do with Miller's mindset. He's unhappy with his position in Denver, would he be happy with a backseat role here? Does he think we have a better shot to go deep in the playoffs? A better future? Who knows. And how is he doing eluding father time, how is his body holding up?

Fröz-d is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,804
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fröz-d View Post
It's intriguing. But it would all have to do with Miller's mindset. He's unhappy with his position in Denver, would he be happy with a backseat role here?
Dude is 38, he isn't gonna be a starter. He has been a backup PG for a few years now. No coach is gonna start him at this point of his career.
Tommy C is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
is Fired Up!

Member
 
Fröz-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 329
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
Dude is 38, he isn't gonna be a starter. He has been a backup PG for a few years now. No coach is gonna start him at this point of his career.
It's all about the minute$.
Fröz-d is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,746
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fröz-d View Post
It's all about the minute$.
No it's not. Masai doesn't trade younger players for older players. If he's after an older player, he wouldn't give up assets, but would look to pick them up as a FA at a reasonable price.
niggles is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:40 PM   #30 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5racer View Post
You guys must really think MU is stupid....no way he goes after miller. I know hes already a miracle worker, but the LAST thing MU would do is go after a guy with attitude problems ahahahahahha, especially with the team playing as well as it is.
Miller isn't a headcase. He's been a model citizen for pretty much his entire career. He just doesn't get along with Shaw for whatever reason.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,767
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Miller isn't a headcase. He's been a model citizen for pretty much his entire career. He just doesn't get along with Shaw for whatever reason.
My worry is that he mostly is having trouble accepting his declining abilities. I think it's a good bet to stay away from giving up anything in order to get a 38 year old.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:54 AM   #32 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,495
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Miller isn't a headcase. He's been a model citizen for pretty much his entire career. He just doesn't get along with Shaw for whatever reason.
Its amazing people think badly of him when hes 38 and never was a problem before. People... its not Bynum.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #33 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,168
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
My worry is that he mostly is having trouble accepting his declining abilities. I think it's a good bet to stay away from giving up anything in order to get a 38 year old.
My only interest in trading for him would be if Novak went the other way. That way worst case scenario, you're taking on a shorter contract.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #34 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,495
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
My only interest in trading for him would be if Novak went the other way. That way worst case scenario, you're taking on a shorter contract.
I like that idea. Then send GV and TH out for a better 4-5.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:17 PM   #35 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,804
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
I like that idea. Then send GV and TH out for a better 4-5.
You are not gonna get a better backup than GV and TH is more than a capable PF/C. off the bench. I don't see the point.
Tommy C is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:29 PM   #36 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,532
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
I like that idea. Then send GV and TH out for a better 4-5.
Yeah, give up a decent backup PG and a decent PF to get a "better" PF/C?


Define better? The last thing we really need right now is a big imo. Especially at the expense of our depth.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:32 PM   #37 (permalink)
a Raps fan

Senior Member
 
creative1mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,319
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Andre Miller would be huge improvement over Vasquez IMO. As for Masai, from what I read he really likes Miller.
Nuggets exec praises Andre Miller, says team doesn't want to trade him
Nuggets, Andre Miller express eagerness to re-sign contract - The Denver Post
who cares.. the dude is 37... don't want to rent a player for a few months
creative1mm is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #38 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,532
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative1mm View Post
who cares.. the dude is 37... don't want to rent a player for a few months
Why not? An experienced player as we look to go into the playoffs......who then comes off the books in the summer? Giddy up!!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #39 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,211
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Why not? An experienced player as we look to go into the playoffs......who then comes off the books in the summer? Giddy up!!
Well Miller is 2mil guaranteed in 2014-2015, but yea his experience and savviness would be help in the playoffs
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #40 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,495
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Yeah, give up a decent backup PG and a decent PF to get a "better" PF/C?


Define better? The last thing we really need right now is a big imo. Especially at the expense of our depth.
Define decent?! Average?
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24