Rumor: Raptors might be exploring a deal for Derozan - Page 5
Old 12-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #81 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
I trade KL DD AJ together if possible. Try to get as much bad contract back and picks to a team/teams contending. Gay I trade separately to anyone desperate enough for anything they will give.
Indeed. Then again what do you mean by anything for RG? Does relief of his PO count as something - because I'd bet that Detroit still will be willing to offer Stuckey and CharlieV for RG. 19-20 million off the books for next season. This could be a last resort trade.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #82 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,607
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Indeed. Then again what do you mean by anything for RG? Does relief of his PO count as something - because I'd bet that Detroit still will be willing to offer Stuckey and CharlieV for RG. 19-20 million off the books for next season. This could be a last resort trade.
a question because i honestly don't know

if you made this deal, could you buy out both players immediately after ?
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #83 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,645
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
I think you severely lack sarcasm sensing abilities.

I'm the guy u want to fight on deroxan. Unless we're getting a top 10 player back or a guaranteed high lotto pick in this year's draft this team would be taking two steps back with this move and we'll all once again be crying for a great wing player like we did for the latter half of the '00 decade
I think you're totally outrageous, but who cares, you're a waste of time to talk to which is why I generally don't bother. I laughed at great wing player though.
Chiggmo is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #84 (permalink)
Nasty, right? I cocked that joint back and banged on him!

Lackey
 
Deez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Mighty North Tundra
Posts: 3,755
Representing:
Default

What a mess.


I think if you can, you trade the toughest chip to trade first. Gay. And before you say how, Jalen Rose and his big contract was traded, Hoffa, Bargnani, Hedo with his multiple pizza and sprite years left were all traded.

Once Gay is moved, it's open season and GMs can look at this roster and maybe deal for guys with more dollar value and on court value fairly.

I'd keep low cost guys like JV, Ross and Acy unless they sweeten a great deal. Though he doesn't seem like the type to become a locker room cancer, I'd be honest with Demar and keep him on only if he can deal with a short rebuild. In Vince Carter's words regarding Rob Babcocks screw-ups, "I can spend my whole career giving guys a chance!"

Last edited by Deez; 12-07-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Deez is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #85 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
a question because i honestly don't know

if you made this deal, could you buy out both players immediately after ?
Hmm, I'm not sure. This may help. NBA Salary Cap FAQ
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #86 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,607
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Hmm, I'm not sure. This may help. NBA Salary Cap FAQ
thanks...but i'm even more confused now after reading it
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #87 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 78,843
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
no, your answer was vague ..."Sell high on whatever players you can"

that's a fucking no-brainer
Obviously this is predicated on getting decent offers:

DD: Deal him now and sell high (hopefully we'd get an expiring, prospect + half decent pick). Alone i believe he can get us something positive.

Amir/KL: I would trade these two together because alone neither will fetch much, especially Lowry since there is only 5 months left on his contract. (Together i think we could get an expiring + pick or prospect.)

Rudy: I know this won't be popular but i don't trade him yet. At this point there isn't a huge market for SF's in the league. No major injuries to any SF on teams that could trade for that huge contract. I would wait and hope he starts playing better and ups his value and in the meantime maybe a SF in the league goes down and a team comes calling. Worst case scenario you hold onto him until the summer when he becomes a large expiring. Is there anyone on this team that can be thrown in with him, sure but then you start trying to match salaries at 22-25mil? and it makes it more difficult unless it's a three team deal. Maybe i see if Detroit is still interested and would add a little better value to the package.

The bench: I wouldn't push to trade any of them, they won't get us fuck all and most of them are on small + short term contracts. Obviously if someone has to be thrown into a deal to make the $$ work go ahead but otherwise they mean nothing going forawrd and don't hamper us financially. You can start guys like Augustin or Stone, Ross, Fields, TH, JV and see what you have with some of these players unless you want to start a player or two that you receive in the trades.

Obviously, this will be picked apart but that's what i would look to do.

Last edited by jeffb; 12-07-2013 at 03:14 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #88 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,484
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
What a mess.


I think if you can, you trade the toughest chip to trade first. Gay. And before you say how, Jalen Rose and his big contract was traded, Hoffa, Bargnani, Hedo with his multiple pizza and sprite years left were all traded.

Once Gay is moved, it's open season and GMs can look at this roster and maybe deal for guys with more dollar value and on court value fairly.

I'd keep low cost guys like JV, Ross and Acy unless they sweeten a great deal. Though he doesn't seem like the type to become a locker room cancer, I'd be honest with Demar and keep him on only if he can deal with a short rebuild. In Vince Carter's words regarding Rob Babcocks screw-ups, "I can spend my whole career giving guys a chance!"
Lol.... Pretty sure that VC only spent ONE season under Babcock before he pussied out and demanded a trade. If he would've stuck it out for another 1 or 2 years he'd have had a very effective Chris Bosh to work with (who was just a rook coming in).
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #89 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,832
Representing:
Default

dd and jv are the only guys i want the raps to keep.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #90 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,645
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
dd and jv are the only guys i want the raps to keep.
So other than Lowry and the little bit of the value Amir has, you want to trade scrubs and expect to get something?

Oh sorry, and Ross.

Don't take that as being rude, I'm just wondering where you expect the team to go without moving one of the two to get some draft picks or something. Mind you I would also like to keep JV.
Chiggmo is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #91 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,607
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Obviously this is predicated on getting decent offers:

DD: Deal him now and sell high (hopefully we'd get an expiring, prospect + half decent pick). Alone i believe he can get us something positive.

Amir/KL: I would trade these two together because alone neither will fetch much, especially Lowry since there is only 5 months left on his contract. (Together i think we could get an expiring + pick or prospect.)

Rudy: I know this won't be popular but i don't trade him yet. At this point there isn't a huge market for SF's in the league. No major injuries to any SF on teams that could trade for that huge contract. I would wait and hope he starts playing better and ups his value and in the meantime maybe a SF in the league goes down and a team comes calling. Worst case scenario you hold onto him until the summer when he becomes a large expiring. Is there anyone on this team that can be thrown in with him, sure but then you start trying to match salaries at 22-25mil? and it makes it more difficult unless it's a three team deal. Maybe i see if Detroit is still interested and would add a little better value to the package.

The bench: I wouldn't push to trade any of them, they won't get us fuck all and most of them are on small + short term contracts. Obviously if someone has to be thrown into a deal to make the $$ work go ahead but otherwise they mean nothing going forawrd and don't hamper us financially. You can start guys like Augustin or Stone, Ross, Fields, TH, JV and see what you have with some of these players unless you want to start a player or two that you receive in the trades.

Obviously, this will be picked apart but that's what i would look to do.
now we're talkin..well done
good, honest, up front post

Amir and KL together is an interesting idea...never thought of going that route

i'll respectfully disagree about Rudy...still think MU can get value back from him this year...i think his game/value is going to fall off even further before the end of the season...i say try and trade him now...get what you can

DD is the last piece i go to
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #92 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 78,843
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
dd and jv are the only guys i want the raps to keep.
The problem with that is what do you get for the rest? And my other question is, will DD even want to be here for yet another rebuild, when this team has stunk the first 5 seasons of his career.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #93 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 78,843
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post

i'll respectfully disagree about Rudy...still think MU can get value back from him this year...i think his game/value is going to fall off even further before the end of the season...i say try and trade him now...get what you can
I would too if a decent package can be had which i have my doubts. That's why i added the Detroit deal in the mix. I wouldn't deal him there for just shitty players on expirings but if they threw Monroe into the mix or another player that can help us i would do it. I just don't see Monroe staying there with Smith/Drummond after this season. I just think you might have to wait on him unless as you say, we get value back. And by value i mean a prospect + picks and obviously a massive expiring would have to be coming back. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post

DD is the last piece i go to
^^ The talks dictate this imo. If MU can manage trading RG/KL/AJ for good value and can avoid trading DD and be happy with what's left, then sure. But i think it'll be tough to avoid trading him because that's who everyone will ask for imo.

Last edited by jeffb; 12-07-2013 at 03:32 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #94 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,607
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
And my other question is, will DD even want to be here for yet another rebuild, when this team has stunk the first 5 seasons of his career.
this is why i go to him last
set the stage for him...then go to him and see what he wants to do (i think at this point the organization owes him this)

imho, he's the most valuable key (whether he stays or asks for the trade)
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #95 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,607
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I would too if a decent package can be had which i have my doubts. That's why i added the Detroit deal in the mix. I wouldn't deal him there for just shitty players on expirings but if they threw Monroe into the mix or another player that can help us i would do it. I just don't see Monroe staying there with Smith/Drummond after this season. I just think you might have to wait on him unless as you say, we get value back. And by value i mean a prospect + picks and obviously a massive expiring would have to be coming back. lol
out of curiosity...what did MU get for Carmelo ? (can't remember)

cause if you get enough decent players (and no, i'm not expecting a lot ), you can always roll them again for younger players/picks
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #96 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,936
Representing:
Default

As crappy as it might be for some, Demar makes a measly 9.something million (not much considering his recent tear) and is the best trade chip we have right now. Lowry is easy to move but is just a rental, and Rudy makes too much money next year for teams to bite without a lot of convincing.
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #97 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 78,843
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
out of curiosity...what did MU get for Carmelo ? (can't remember)

cause if you get enough decent players (and no, i'm not expecting a lot ), you can always roll them again for younger players/picks
Carmelo was a superstar, all-star player who wanted to be in NY longterm (and he got a shitload for him ). Not saying you are saying it's the same thing but very different situatiuons. Again, if MU can get value for Rudy Gay i'm all for it but i just don't see any team in dire straits at the SF position. Not enough to trade for a max player having the type of season he's having.....at least not yet. Maybe in a couple months, closer to the deadline.

Last edited by jeffb; 12-07-2013 at 03:38 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #98 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,936
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
out of curiosity...what did MU get for Carmelo ? (can't remember)

cause if you get enough decent players (and no, i'm not expecting a lot ), you can always roll them again for younger players/picks
Quote:
The Post, citing a league source, said the Knicks would send Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov and a 2014 first-round draft pick to the Nuggets, who would get additional picks and cash.

Good haul.
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #99 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,936
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Carmelo was a superstar, all-star player who wanted to be in NY longterm. Not saying you are saying it's the same thing but very different situatiuons. Again, if MU can get value for Rudy Gay i'm all for it but i just don't see any team in dire straits at the SF position. Not enough to trade for a max player having the type of season he's having.....at least not yet. Maybe in a couple months, closer to the deadline.
If Ujiri can get half of what he got for Anthony, I'll be satisfied.
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #100 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,607
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Carmelo was a superstar, all-star player who wanted to be in NY longterm (and he got a shitload for him ). Not saying you are saying it's the same thing but very different situatiuons. Again, if MU can get value for Rudy Gay i'm all for it but i just don't see any team in dire straits at the SF position. Not enough to trade for a max player having the type of season he's having.....at least not yet. Maybe in a couple months, closer to the deadline.
fair enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Danger View Post
If Ujiri can get half of what he got for Anthony, I'll be satisfied.
agreed
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24