Rondo in Toronto? - Page 6
Old 03-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #101 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

If you can get proven all star talent like Rondo you do it. Unless there is a Lebron or Wade type player in the draft.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #102 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

I would put an asterisk next to that all star play, he has been used to playing with future hall of famers. It would not be the same case here. He would be a great pg in casey's system but it helps when opposing wings have to guard the nba's alltime leader in 3s made and a former finals mvp. Although I would be open to him coming here under 2 conditions:

1) if either our SG and/or SF could hit the 3 (Bargs can hit the 3 but it is not his go to move obviously)

2) raps don't trade this year's pick. (when was the last time raps had a sure chance of acquiring a surefire starter (that they don't have to give up all their assets for or don't have to overpay) I hope and know I'm not alone when saying that anyone one of Beal, Lamb, MKG or Barnes could start on this team immediately)
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #103 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,689
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
If you think that Wall, Favours, Evans, Harden & Horford are better than Rondo then I don't know what to say.... even Aldridge and Bogut are debateable although I could understand why some might pick them because of their size.
like I said, either they are better now or they will be soon. Favours and evans are not as clear cut, everybody else is almost certain to at least get to all star level. Bogut in particular is so obviously a superior player, it's not even close. He's a better defender (both individually, but especially as a team) and almost as good offensively. If Bogut was healthy, he'd be a clear choice 2nd best center in the league.
Quote:
Rondo's avging 14/5/10 + 1.5 stls right now.
not sure why you'd bring stats into it, since they are fairly underwhelming for rondo (especially when you add his TOs and horrible FT%). His strengths are not captured well by stats.

Quote:
He's a stellar defender.
he's a great defender, but let's not get carried away. First of all, he's a PG and he will never have the kind of impact a good big defender has. He can shutdown quick PGs, but he will give you little protection against guys like lebron, Bosh or howard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
He has a ring.
um, ok ... and the point is? Brian f..ing Cardinal has a ring too and so that prince and ben wallace. Prince was just as instrumental to Detroit as Rondo was to Boston in that championship season, basically a 4th or 5th best best starter.

Quote:
I think you need to re-evaluate your opinion of him TBH because it's HIGHLY unlikely that we see anyone better at the position for a while.
that may be the case (would you say parker is better, because we could probably have him for the same money, I doubt SA will pay him 12+ a year this summer if we throw that much cash at him). The debate however is whether to give away a high lottery pick for him or not.

Quote:
Honestly, if that were the case then I wouldn't want either of them on my team. I'd be pretty disgusted with them.

You can't tank year after year after YEAR and then suddenly just "turn it on" one year down the road when you're finally ready to start winning. That's not how it works.
you sure? Would you be disgusted with wade? Check what Miami did with him when they won 15 games the season they drafted beasley ...
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #104 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

I'll see your Brain Cardinal, and raise you a Scot Pollard
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #105 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,763
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
I'll see your Brain Cardinal, and raise you a Scot Pollard
I see your Scott Pollard and raise you an Adam Morrison.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #106 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 41
Representing:
Default

i think that when Bargs return, and if we don't trade calderon, We'll get to ninth place in the east, so i don't know how many chances we have to have a choice among the top 5...
Reghner is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #107 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

I see your Adam Morrison, and raise you a James White
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #108 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,258
Representing:
Default

Rondo for Calderon straight up ??? Boston would do it but i surely would not ! Just the thought of Calderon going to the Celtics...LA Lakers....just shows you we are presently set at the pg position. When the better teams want one of our
best players it should tell all of us that pg is not one of our areas we have to improve. !
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #109 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,757
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
I see your Adam Morrison, and raise you a James White
Who are you kidding? Adam Morrison hasn't been seen since he went into hiding after Kobe laid into him with one of his rants.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #110 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

James White played 15 official nba games.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #111 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,522
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
I see your Adam Morrison, and raise you a James White
Michael Doleac trumps all.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #112 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

I don't know, 15 official nba games in James White's whole career.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #113 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post

not sure why you'd bring stats into it, since they are fairly underwhelming for rondo (especially when you add his TOs and horrible FT%). His strengths are not captured well by stats.
If those stats are underwhelming for an NBA PG then you should take a moment and see how many OTHER PGs in the league are avging those numbers while shooting a decent % from the floor. As for the TOs... you're aware that Nash, Kobe, Wall, Williams and Westbrook all avg. more TOs/gm right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
he's a great defender, but let's not get carried away. First of all, he's a PG and he will never have the kind of impact a good big defender has. He can shutdown quick PGs, but he will give you little protection against guys like lebron, Bosh or howard.
Today's NBA game favours small, quick players. Perimeter guys have a serious advantage. That much is certain.... so I'm not sure why you'd think that a guy who can harass those players isn't worth much. Did you see what a guy like Chalmers did to NYK and Lin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
um, ok ... and the point is? Brian f..ing Cardinal has a ring too and so that prince and ben wallace. Prince was just as instrumental to Detroit as Rondo was to Boston in that championship season, basically a 4th or 5th best best starter.
Prince was extremely valuable to DET's championship run. I agree 100%. Anyone who suggests otherwise simply because his stats don't jump off the page is an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
that may be the case (would you say parker is better, because we could probably have him for the same money, I doubt SA will pay him 12+ a year this summer if we throw that much cash at him). The debate however is whether to give away a high lottery pick for him or not.
Parker is 4 or 5 years older. Doesn't really fit in our future plans.... unless we're sure that he can play as long as Nash has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
you sure? Would you be disgusted with wade? Check what Miami did with him when they won 15 games the season they drafted beasley ...
Different injuries. And unless you have proof to back up that point I'm not interested in blind speculation.

Have you ever heard of a "strain" taking a player out for 50+ games?
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #114 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
I don't know, 15 official nba games in James White's whole career.
I'll agree that the 15 games thing is the most ridiculous, but because its James "Flight" White it just doesn't seem as silly
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:49 AM   #115 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Last game? Triple-double.

Last night? 14 & 13 + 5 stls against Deron Williams.

If Rondo's doing all this while being "uncoachable" then he must be some kind of basketball savant.

He just got easy shots all night long for his teammates.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #116 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,799
Representing:
Default

The only way we get Rondo is if we trade Jose & our 1st round pick...

I'm 50/50 on this kind of move.

I think if the Raps can get a late 1st round pick from the Lakers for Barbosa then we can the the above at Boston for Rondo.

Last edited by halphbreedballer; 03-03-2012 at 02:04 PM.
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #117 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,903
Representing:
Default

rondo has no shot, so hes pointless. His numbers have been deeply inflated due to the talent on the Celtics team. Talent we will never acquire because we never spend any money
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #118 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,799
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5racer View Post
rondo has no shot, so hes pointless. His numbers have been deeply inflated due to the talent on the Celtics team. Talent we will never acquire because we never spend any money
We can't spend any money because we never had even close to a championship caliber team...
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #119 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Boston acquired that talent via trade
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #120 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5racer View Post
rondo has no shot, so hes pointless. His numbers have been deeply inflated due to the talent on the Celtics team. Talent we will never acquire because we never spend any money
We spend money, just not on the right people
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24