Rondo in Toronto? - Page 2
Old 03-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,170
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
It would take Derozan + Davis at least
deal!
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,886
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
deal!
I probably do that as well. Then we draft Lamb and make sure we get Batum or Chandler this summer.


Rondo
Lamb
Chandler or Batum
Bargnani
Valanciunas

jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
Neither am I.

When is our luck going to change? I know it's pointless, but how come other teams draft Shaqs, Howards, Kobes, LeBrons, Durants, Roses, Wades, Pauls, Duncans and such, while the best Raps have managed in 16 seasons are Carter and Bosh?
Carter and Bosh were actually 2 very good pieces. Had Carter stayed with us for another couple of years they could have been an awesome duo. Ditto for VC and T-Mac. We've just had some shitty luck... Plus, ORL didn't win with Shaq or D12... and are probably going to lose both for nothing... CLE lost Lebron... NOH lost Paul... it's tough. Just goes to show that GETTING a star player is only half the battle... unless you do a good job with the supporting cast you're probably going to lose him eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
It would take Derozan + Davis at least
Ha! Keeping Jose AND our pick AND getting Rondo in return?

That would be like winning the lottery. lol.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,886
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Carter and Bosh were actually 2 very good pieces. Had Carter stayed with us for another couple of years they could have been an awesome duo. Ditto for VC and T-Mac. We've just had some shitty luck... Plus, ORL didn't win with Shaq or D12... and are probably going to lose both for nothing... CLE lost Lebron... NOH lost Paul... it's tough. Just goes to show that GETTING a star player is only half the battle... unless you do a good job with the supporting cast you're probably going to lose him eventually.

Ha! Keeping Jose AND our pick AND getting Rondo in return?

That would be like winning the lottery. lol.
Can you imagine Carter being on our team in 2006 when we won 47 games?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,723
Representing:
Default

there's something sketchy about this dude being on the block every year following the playoffs, and no one biting.

i love dude's game but it makes you wonder..
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,991
Representing:
Default

It's hard to keep a great player without first getting a great player...

Yes, if Howard leaves, that would mean Orlando had 2 super-centres and let them slip away. But we haven't had a player of that magnitude even once!
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,991
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Can you imagine Carter being on our team in 2006 when we won 47 games?
Which Carter? The young stud driver or the whiny bitch shooter?
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

something about a point guard that cant shoot, reportedly has locker room problems with coach and teammates, is arrogant, is 26 years old, has played with 3 allstar/hall of famers who definitely open the floor for him, and is going to be looking for a lot of money shortly and is being aggressively shopped by his current team of aging player leads me to believe that he is exactly the type of player that is NOT wanted
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Man these titles are so misleading, I thought Rondo was in Toronto physically.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
Kuzzy
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

I would offer:

Calderon + A.Johnson +Davis + Unconditional 1st
for Rondo + B.Bass

... Rondo/DeRozan/Kleiza (perhaps)/Bargnani/FA....
Bayless/Barbosa/J.Johnson/Bass/Valanciunas...

Calderon/Allen/Pierce/Garnett/Drummond or A.Davis?...

Only way Boston gets screwed is if Raptors pick falls below 5th
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #31 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,991
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzzy View Post
I would offer:

Calderon + A.Johnson +Davis + Unconditional 1st
for Rondo + B.Bass

... Rondo/DeRozan/Kleiza (perhaps)/Bargnani/FA....
Bayless/Barbosa/J.Johnson/Bass/Valanciunas...

Calderon/Allen/Pierce/Garnett/Drummond or A.Davis?...

Only way Boston gets screwed is if Raptors pick falls below 5th
How long have you been a Celtics fan?
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #32 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,972
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
How long have you been a Celtics fan?
you're seriously underevaluating rondo.
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #33 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzzy View Post
I would offer:

Calderon + A.Johnson +Davis + Unconditional 1st
for Rondo + B.Bass

... Rondo/DeRozan/Kleiza (perhaps)/Bargnani/FA....
Bayless/Barbosa/J.Johnson/Bass/Valanciunas...

Calderon/Allen/Pierce/Garnett/Drummond or A.Davis?...

Only way Boston gets screwed is if Raptors pick falls below 5th
Yeah lets give away our whole team while we're at it.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #34 (permalink)
useless

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,200
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
He is good, off-court issues or not, but Jose + Ed + likely top-5 pick? That's a lot...
It's far from likely that we pick top 5.

Right now we're in 6th, which gives us a 6.3% chance at the first pick, a 7.1% chance at the second pick and a 8.1% chance at the third pick.

That makes it a 21.5% chance that we pick top 3 and a 78.5% chance that we pick sixth or worse.

And that's assuming we finish sixth last. We're a very short winning streak away from tenth last, and with Bargnani's return we could well be moving back even further in the draft.

I would say that there are four potential franchise guys in the draft (if MKG declares), after that there's some solid pros, borderline all stars, and some gambles as always. The four guys I would say are potential star players will probably be gone before we pick.

So, in short, I don't think that this years pick will ever be worth more in a trade than it is right now.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #35 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,886
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Yeah lets give away our whole team while we're at it.
He's worth Jose, Davis, Amir imo when you also get Bass. No brainer. You still keep Derozan, Valanciunas, Bargnani, JJ, Kleiza 2012 pick + Bass + capspace (SF).
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #36 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
something about a point guard that cant shoot, reportedly has locker room problems with coach and teammates, is arrogant, is 26 years old, has played with 3 allstar/hall of famers who definitely open the floor for him, and is going to be looking for a lot of money shortly and is being aggressively shopped by his current team of aging player leads me to believe that he is exactly the type of player that is NOT wanted
What's the alternative though Snooch?

Jose puts up great numbers, is a team-first guy, makes a reasonable salary, all while playing on a shitty team... and people STILL hate him and want him gone lol.

If Rondo was a dream and had no faults then why the hell would BOS trade him? One man's problem is another man's solution.... When you have the chance to acquire an all-star who's got championship experience and is still in his prime you do it (IMO).

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggsToTheBBQ View Post
It's far from likely that we pick top 5.

Right now we're in 6th, which gives us a 6.3% chance at the first pick, a 7.1% chance at the second pick and a 8.1% chance at the third pick.

That makes it a 21.5% chance that we pick top 3 and a 78.5% chance that we pick sixth or worse.

And that's assuming we finish sixth last. We're a very short winning streak away from tenth last, and with Bargnani's return we could well be moving back even further in the draft.

I would say that there are four potential franchise guys in the draft (if MKG declares), after that there's some solid pros, borderline all stars, and some gambles as always. The four guys I would say are potential star players will probably be gone before we pick.

So, in short, I don't think that this years pick will ever be worth more in a trade than it is right now.
My thoughts exactly. If Bargs comes back soon and we start to win more games that pick will look A LOT less appealing come draft time.

Last edited by TORaptor4Ever; 03-01-2012 at 06:06 PM.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #37 (permalink)
useless

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,200
Representing:
Default

Also, by trading the pick to Boston, that gives our players and the team incentive to win every single game possible for the rest of the year.

Which will be much more fun to watch.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #38 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,223
Representing:
Default

if BC follows his general rule he won't trade for him because he requires all rotation players to be able to shoot the ball, especially if it is a backcourt player
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #39 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

there are other options and i think there is some decent looking young ins in the draft.

for less than that i think you could get curry.
for alot less than that jennings
wroten jr in the draft

i just have alot of fear that if and when rondo gets traded you see alot different player
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #40 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
He's worth Jose, Davis, Amir imo when you also get Bass. No brainer. You still keep Derozan, Valanciunas, Bargnani, JJ, Kleiza 2012 pick + Bass + capspace (SF).
With Jose, Davis, Amir and a pick we can get much more than Rondo.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24