Roll em out!
Old 11-06-2013, 01:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Nasty, right? I cocked that joint back and banged on him!

Lackey
 
Ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Mighty North Tundra
Posts: 3,648
Representing:
Default Roll em out!




It may be partly Casey's fault but we're only 4 games in and I've gone from 60/40 to being 95% in the tank camp. I've got one fan's foot over the try and get a playoff spot line.

Where is this going? Picture this team with a couple of Injuries.

No matter though. Ujiri likely signaled his intention with all these one and two year contracts.


In 2015/16 ,they have about 20 mil committed to Demar, JV, Ross and Acy and Novaks 3.7 mil. That's it!

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

High picks and then throw money at it.
Having no real future in 2016 will not be accepted.

Last edited by Ammo; 11-06-2013 at 01:56 AM.
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,130
Representing:
Default

Can't you keep this shit in the thread it belongs in.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,799
Representing:
Default

Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Nasty, right? I cocked that joint back and banged on him!

Lackey
 
Ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Mighty North Tundra
Posts: 3,648
Representing:
Talking

Can someone go hunting for a thread to put this in? Think its after the toe-jam thread. But its probably before the lost a mcnugget down the car seat thread.
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
playoffs please dont end

FTMFW
 
Shifty.py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,734
Representing:
Default

I will make a point to give thumbs down for every post that is pro-tank
Nothing personal, just that I've gone from 60/40 to being 95% annoyed with this attitude.
So little positivity on these forums. Posters go from being foolishly optimistic straight to tank without middle ground.
Shifty.py is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jonas needs minutes

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,702
Representing:
Default

you know when masai initially took over the team he said the team needs improvement in all areas, which I disagreed with considering the talent level we had on this team already

now I understand we really don't have much talent on this team, he was bang on from the beginning

the problem is rudy gay will be near impossible to trade and same with demar derozan

I know he traded Bargnani but c'mon who is going to fall for it again knowing how the Bargs trade went
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,739
Representing:
Default

Oh my god! We lost to the Heat! Can that be true?
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Nasty, right? I cocked that joint back and banged on him!

Lackey
 
Ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Mighty North Tundra
Posts: 3,648
Representing:
Default

I'm not stifling myself and cheering no matter what I see like this is a 6 year old's soccer game.

The fan in me makes me smile and pump my fist when they win games.

Combine the skill level of this "healthy" team and the coaching we've seen and I think when most people are being honest, we are on a collison course for 8th if we're lucky, but most likely 9th? 10th?

I've seen this movie before. Nothing is guaranteed, but the cost could be worse this time than Harrison Barnes and Damian Lillard to be just out of the playoffs.

If I'm not mistaken, I'm seeing lame-duck coaching record as a priority and a, lack of accountability.

That is just bad. And where is thart going? You never lose deliberatly, but you do play the youth and you do hold people accountable in your new "culture".

Recognize that these sentiments ARE about what's best for the team in the opinion of many of us here, not trolling to be negative and drag the team down. You continue to cheer the same way you always do if youth are given their shot....especially when the play on the floor looks like chucking and random foolishness.
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

Question to all the pro-treadmill guys: We have heard that this core must prove it is a sustainable playoff team to be kept; do you honestly think that they have shown that this far?

My personal opinion is that our offensive scheme is doodoo, we play WAY too much 1on1, we're mediocre on D, and when a team has a superstar he completely owns us. Our biggest shot at being a playoff team is if another team suffers major injuries, and with the luck this team has had in the past that's not something I want to bank on.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,256
Representing:
Default

We don't necessarily need to tank but we have to blow it up. (including coach)
I just don't understand how someone could watch this ugly ball and still insist of keeping this core?
I don't care what our record says, that's going to change very soon. But the way we are playing right now we are not going to make the playoffs. I know that Demar and Rudy are going to start playing better eventually, but the iso's will stay.
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,130
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
Can someone go hunting for a thread to put this in? Think its after the toe-jam thread. But its probably before the lost a mcnugget down the car seat thread.
Its currently the 5th thread on the front page. Or are there too many mcnuggets in your cheeks to see?
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
I'm not stifling myself and cheering no matter what I see like this is a 6 year old's soccer game.

The fan in me makes me smile and pump my fist when they win games.

Combine the skill level of this "healthy" team and the coaching we've seen and I think when most people are being honest, we are on a collison course for 8th if we're lucky, but most likely 9th? 10th?

I've seen this movie before. Nothing is guaranteed, but the cost could be worse this time than Harrison Barnes and Damian Lillard to be just out of the playoffs.

If I'm not mistaken, I'm seeing lame-duck coaching record as a priority and a, lack of accountability.

That is just bad. And where is thart going? You never lose deliberatly, but you do play the youth and you do hold people accountable in your new "culture".

Recognize that these sentiments ARE about what's best for the team in the opinion of many of us here, not trolling to be negative and drag the team down. You continue to cheer the same way you always do if youth are given their shot....especially when the play on the floor looks like chucking and random foolishness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
Question to all the pro-treadmill guys: We have heard that this core must prove it is a sustainable playoff team to be kept; do you honestly think that they have shown that this far?

My personal opinion is that our offensive scheme is doodoo, we play WAY too much 1on1, we're mediocre on D, and when a team has a superstar he completely owns us. Our biggest shot at being a playoff team is if another team suffers major injuries, and with the luck this team has had in the past that's not something I want to bank on.
Well said.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,882
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
you know when masai initially took over the team he said the team needs improvement in all areas, which I disagreed with considering the talent level we had on this team already

now I understand we really don't have much talent on this team, he was bang on from the beginning

the problem is rudy gay will be near impossible to trade and same with demar derozan

I know he traded Bargnani but c'mon who is going to fall for it again knowing how the Bargs trade went
DD can be moved for sure with what we have seen from him so far. Gay, hmmm depends what comes back in return.
Tommy C is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
is Fired Up!

Member
 
Fröz-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 472
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty.py View Post
I will make a point to give thumbs down for every post that is pro-tank
Nothing personal, just that I've gone from 60/40 to being 95% annoyed with this attitude.
So little positivity on these forums. Posters go from being foolishly optimistic straight to tank without middle ground.
I hear where you are coming from, I am usually anti-tank.
It brings in a bad vibe, promotes a negative culture, etc.

However, this year for me is different. The scales have absolutely tipped into tank territory for me.

This years draft class is one of the best in history. Big Time.

Now, factor in that this team is mostly B.C.'s work,
yet, we have a brand spanking new SUPER GM.
So why on earth would we want to push this product and try to win with these guys?

Next, it is 100% obvious that we cannot compete with the Heat, Bulls, Pacers or Nets come playoff time, never mind the teams out West.

So it's a FACT, that we have 0% shot at winning a championship with this cast of characters.
So why not blow it up and give ourselves the best shot at getting some franchise changing players.
Look at what Tim Duncan has done for San Antonio.

I am not saying we should tell our players to lose.
I say trade away every asset that does not fit our long term goals for draft picks & expiring contracts.

We have to get that Colangelo cologne out of the A.C.C. and start over.
Bust out the Febreeze boys & girls cause' this team needs a breath of fresh air.




However, the #1 reason we HAVE to take a shot at being terrible, is Andrew Wiggins.
The things this kid could do for Canadian basketball is beyond words.
He could literally change the lives of millions of Canadian boys and girls.

That alone is worth putting up with one more year of stink from the Craptors.

The Maple Leafs are doing great, the fans are distracted.

I can barely even watch the Raptors on T.V. anymore anyways,
who the hec has TSN2?

Who wants to see a bunch of under achievers playing mediocre basketball.
Trying to win is useless and a meandering road to nowhere.

It's time for a new beginning in Raptor land!




I say let Ujiri be as bad as he wants to be!!



Tank HooOoOoooooooo!

Last edited by Fröz-d; 11-06-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Fröz-d is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Exalted

Senior Member
 
DDUnreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,347
Representing:
Default

Amen Brothers. All Hail!
DDUnreal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
mixing all day and playing all day

Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 440
Representing:
Default

I still dont get how people are expecting us to get Wiggins. We gotta be in the worst spot to get him.

Also we don't even know if he'll be the next super star player like Durant, Kobe or Lebron. Whatever is going to happen is that I know there'll be trades and coach getting fired if the problem continues.

I just really don't see how MU will just tank.
Kriz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,799
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriz View Post
I still dont get how people are expecting us to get Wiggins. We gotta be in the worst spot to get him.

Also we don't even know if he'll be the next super star player like Durant, Kobe or Lebron. Whatever is going to happen is that I know there'll be trades and coach getting fired if the problem continues.

I just really don't see how MU will just tank.
it's not a must to get Wiggins... This isn't the Wiggins draft there are many capable players to build around in the higher lottery spots.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
Jonas needs minutes

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,702
Representing:
Default

So LX now what. The boobcats. At least last Bargs got fouled and we got a apology from the nba. This we just lost
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
waiting for DeRozan to return

Senior Member
 
fantapoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,256
Representing:
Default

indiana, Houston, memphis, chicago
Not sure if our tank is strong enough vs utah
But knowing casey we'll be fine
fantapoppa is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantapoppa View Post
indiana, Houston, memphis, chicago
Not sure if our tank is strong enough vs utah
But knowing casey we'll be fine
We'll beat Memphis, I dunno why, but we will.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24