Roger Mason
Old 02-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
a Triano's fan

The friendly neighbor
 
insight_tor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,076
Representing:
Default Roger Mason

A couple of days ago, I wrote about Red Rocket, now is time to write about Roger Mason (no, this is not a bring back xxx). Even though he wasn't a big part of Raptors history, after he was waived by Raptors, Roger worked hard and he come back stronger. Kudos to Roger Mason, he proved once again that working hard pays off!

And how hilarious is this quote?

Quote:
The Spurs will be watching Carter closely for another reason: Sensing an opportunity to grab a fifth title with the Lakers experiencing some injury problems, the Spurs recently called the Nets to inquire about Carter's availability.

A deal would be extremely difficult to make, however, because among those players San Antonio is making available, the Nets have interest in only Roger Mason -- now arguably the game's top 3-point shooter, and one of its best closers -- and backup point guard George Hill.
http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/200..._carter_g.html

Basically, Nets is willing to trade Carter (a former Raptors superstar) for Roger Mason (a former Raptors bench warmer who was waived to free up a space for the crap we get back for Carter).

Last edited by insight_tor; 02-10-2009 at 11:28 AM.
insight_tor is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
@ www.raptorman.ca

RF Affiliate

 
Raptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,244
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Raptorman
Default

Awesome insight insight_tor. Major props to R_Mase for getting his shyte together and becoming a contributer.

And I foresaw the day that VC would drift around the league as scraps in his final years. Sad. Thats what no work gets you kids.
Raptorman is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

Scraps?? He is a top 15 scorer in the entire league. You Vince haters sound like Jennifer Aniston sometimes... boo hoo... Brad was so mean, dont go to his movies, dont like him... hahahha
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Bmats7
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

LOL no doubt Ugo. Also I think they want this trade more for Hill (who is a great defensive gaurd) more so than Mason.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
a Triano's fan

The friendly neighbor
 
insight_tor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,076
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
Scraps?? He is a top 15 scorer in the entire league. You Vince haters sound like Jennifer Aniston sometimes... boo hoo... Brad was so mean, dont go to his movies, dont like him... hahahha
You have to look closely to numbers ... Vince is a top 15 scorer in the entire league, but he take numerous attempts. Roger Mason has less attempts but his shooting percentage is close with Vince's and more than that, Roger's 3PT shooting is much better then Vince's. Which means, you put Roger on current Nets and let him take the attempts Vince gets and you will have Rogers a top 15 scorer. I don't hate Vince, but these are just pure stats. Mason took full advantage of his situation, he started 41 games out of 49 for Spurs, a team which has a fair chance to win it all, while Carter is playing for a team that is happy just to get in playoffs.
insight_tor is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

u seriously believe what you just said?? You think Mason could do what Vince does?? lol, i love you stats guys, nevermind the facts, just roll with the stats (hey, that could be like your motto or something!!!). Mason gets doubled like Vince?? Mason creates his own shot like Vince?? Mason has been a go to guy for several years and a proven scorer like Vince?? Mason isnt a product of a great system, with great players around him??

Seriously, you think Roger Mason could do what Vince does?? Drive and score etc etc.... God, stats guys.... haha put Vince on the Spurs, see what happens. Ring, ring, bling, bling
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Byte Mii, I have Wii Fit!
 
Krazy Ivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,967
Representing:
Default

Vince is a better player but dollar per dollar Mason is worth more then Vince.
Krazy Ivan is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
a Triano's fan

The friendly neighbor
 
insight_tor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,076
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
u seriously believe what you just said?? You think Mason could do what Vince does?? lol, i love you stats guys, nevermind the facts, just roll with the stats (hey, that could be like your motto or something!!!). Mason gets doubled like Vince?? Mason creates his own shot like Vince?? Mason has been a go to guy for several years and a proven scorer like Vince?? Mason isnt a product of a great system, with great players around him??

Seriously, you think Roger Mason could do what Vince does?? Drive and score etc etc.... God, stats guys.... haha put Vince on the Spurs, see what happens. Ring, ring, bling, bling
Why do you have to interpret what I said. My comparative sample was pure statistical.
Now let go back to Vince. Yes, he can create his own shot. Yes, he can drive. Yes, he can do much more than Roger. But Vince problems is that he does ONLY when he feels like. When it matters the most, he quits on you. Vince wasn't able to deliver along with Kidd and Jefferson, what makes you think he will deliver with others? It is a difference between potential and willingness to work hard to reach your potential. Vince have tons of skills, but a heart that works only from time to time. Vince plays for Vince, we all saw the trading value of Vince: a guy with one kidney who refused to show up, 2 complete garbage players (Eric and Aaron Williams) who are no more NBA players and 2 late first round picks. Vince, is like a high-maintenance girlfriend who is very gorgeous but you know you can have it because all she wants is to fuck everyone around.
insight_tor is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

lol, well we could have gotten more if the situation was dealt with better on both ends, but i can see your point to a degree. Vince has been playing hard the last couple of years, do you not remember him ousting us from the playoffs? A motivated Vince is a deadly thing, i still think on a real contender like Spurs he could be very dangerous, much more so then Mason is. Vince has always been the go to guy, but i dont think it suits his demeanor, as a 2nd or 3rd option with much less pressure on him on a team like SA, i think you would see great things.
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,755
Representing:
Default

I'm pretty sure that Pop is just the kind of coach it takes to motivate Vince.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
a Triano's fan

The friendly neighbor
 
insight_tor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,076
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
lol, well we could have gotten more if the situation was dealt with better on both ends, but i can see your point to a degree. Vince has been playing hard the last couple of years, do you not remember him ousting us from the playoffs? A motivated Vince is a deadly thing, i still think on a real contender like Spurs he could be very dangerous, much more so then Mason is. Vince has always been the go to guy, but i dont think it suits his demeanor, as a 2nd or 3rd option with much less pressure on him on a team like SA, i think you would see great things.
I didn't say Vince is better than Roger Mason, just that Nets is WILLING to trade Vince for Roger+Hill. Regardless of what we think about Vince, it looks like there is no much a GM would get back for Vince. That WAS the point.
insight_tor is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

Hell SA fits the bill great, they can make the postseason without Vince. But the biggest benefit is the one year off Vince will have inbetween rings, spurs style haha. You all know they will win it this year right? Every two years, and as usual they will come in somewhat under the radar til they are in the WCF and ppl are like "i cant believe i didnt see this coming" all over again. I would like to see Vince over there and do win.
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by insight_tor View Post
I didn't say Vince is better than Roger Mason, just that Nets is WILLING to trade Vince for Roger+Hill. Regardless of what we think about Vince, it looks like there is no much a GM would get back for Vince. That WAS the point.
1st you are saying Mason can be a top 15 PPG in the entire league on the Nets (which btw, i find laughable), then you are saying you cant get anything for Vince?? Kinda weird, but lets roll with that premise. Nets are just clearing place for the most part, there was talk of Vince for Wally awhile back, you think the nets or anybody considers Wally anywhere close to Vince in talent?? They are building for LBJ and if that doesnt work they will probably take a shot at Wade, either of which are better and younger and wouldnt work well with Vince.

Dont even talk about when we traded him, because ppl cry about the Garnett trade, but we got hosed much worse. It was a cap dump that got us pretty much nothing in return. That's not because Vince is worth nothing, that's because our organization dealt with the situation so badly and panicy that experienced GMs and clubs lowballed the fuck outta us and we felt compelled to move when we didnt have to, again, dont get me started. We babied Vince and turned him into a monster with demands, then funniest part is when he demanded out, we fucked ourselves over nicely to accomodate that too, bitch ass GMing at it's finest. I woulda made him suffer til he changed his attitude and put up numbers, i would tell him behind closed doors he wasnt going to be moved til his stock rose and this weak ass shit is just gonna make you look like a bitch for a couple years, then you can walk, with no fucking value.... sorry, lol, i got started:P dont get me started on that trade :P
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,755
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by insight_tor View Post
I didn't say Vince is better than Roger Mason, just that Nets is WILLING to trade Vince for Roger+Hill. Regardless of what we think about Vince, it looks like there is no much a GM would get back for Vince. That WAS the point.
It has less to do with Vince's value and more to do with the fact that New jersey is rebulding and wants him off their books.

Plus, the Nets would get more in return than just Mason.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,429
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
Hell SA fits the bill great, they can make the postseason without Vince. But the biggest benefit is the one year off Vince will have inbetween rings, spurs style haha. You all know they will win it this year right? Every two years, and as usual they will come in somewhat under the radar til they are in the WCF and ppl are like "i cant believe i didnt see this coming" all over again. I would like to see Vince over there and do win.
Yeah.... I wouldn't be surprised to see Vince riding coattails to a championship. Sounds about right.
XiaominWu is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
a Triano's fan

The friendly neighbor
 
insight_tor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,076
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
1st you are saying Mason can be a top 15 PPG in the entire league on the Nets (which btw, i find laughable), then you are saying you cant get anything for Vince?? Kinda weird, but lets roll with that premise. Nets are just clearing place for the most part, there was talk of Vince for Wally awhile back, you think the nets or anybody considers Wally anywhere close to Vince in talent?? They are building for LBJ and if that doesnt work they will probably take a shot at Wade, either of which are better and younger and wouldnt work well with Vince.

Dont even talk about when we traded him, because ppl cry about the Garnett trade, but we got hosed much worse. It was a cap dump that got us pretty much nothing in return. That's not because Vince is worth nothing, that's because our organization dealt with the situation so badly and panicy that experienced GMs and clubs lowballed the fuck outta us and we felt compelled to move when we didnt have to, again, dont get me started. We babied Vince and turned him into a monster with demands, then funniest part is when he demanded out, we fucked ourselves over nicely to accomodate that too, bitch ass GMing at it's finest. I woulda made him suffer til he changed his attitude and put up numbers, i would tell him behind closed doors he wasnt going to be moved til his stock rose and this weak ass shit is just gonna make you look like a bitch for a couple years, then you can walk, with no fucking value.... sorry, lol, i got started:P dont get me started on that trade :P
Man, you really twist things so weird, it is really hard to have a discussion with you. Maybe you are Vince girlfriend So far Vince was in top 15 PPG for years, so what? Teams built around him have little chance to win a championship because he is trying to dominate the ball too much (when he decides to put some effort) without involving other teammates. He is not worth for the price you pay for him. Vince is a quitter.

On SA, it would be difficult to have that many attempts since you have others to accommodate (Parker, Ginobili, Duncan) ... so Vince numbers will suffer. He may get a ring, but Bonner will get one, too.
insight_tor is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cya Roger Millions Ball Don't Lie Entertainment Lounge 4 04-18-2009 03:12 PM
Roger Mason Jr. Big Three Nov 17 08 bigmac(rexdale) Raptors Video Vault 2 11-18-2008 02:03 PM
Roger Mason: 2010 its_asdf Toronto Raptors 13 11-11-2008 12:16 PM
Roger Mason to San Antonio Torontosaurus NBA Talk 9 07-10-2008 02:58 PM
Options left:Eddie House,Tony Allen,Roger Mason,Juan Dixon? jeffb Toronto Raptors 22 07-03-2008 08:21 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24