Road trip great timing for TJ
Old 03-10-2008, 05:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,258
Representing:
Default Road trip great timing for TJ

Just talking to some of my friends that made the trip to ACC against the Sonics. He said that the fans were booing TJ. The fans are pretty fed up with his selfish play. When TJ was taken out of the game in the fourth the fans were cheering. Mitchell was getting it from the fans as they wanted TJ taken out sooner. Looks like the fans in raptor land are starting to turn on TJ so this road trip could be a good thing for TJ. After hearing this I can see why Mitchell was so protective of TJ in his interview. Sounds like if BC does not run TJ out of Toronto the fans will and it looks from the sound of things the exit clock has started to run for TJ.
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

ahh the good ol larry murphy treatment, maybe he can get traded to a contender, win a championship and be a big contributor.
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,548
Representing:
Default

the fans are fickle, what can you say?
can you blame them?
the team wants to see a winning product on the court, they want to see us win the game. and everyone knows that our best chances of winning is with Jose running the point.
TJ is playing horribly as of late.
he plays like shit, he hears the hisses... thats just how it is.
it wouldnt be like that if he just struggled normally, but when a guy struggles, and then forces up brick after brick, enough is enough... and when its your PG... thats even worse.
the fact that our best player on the court (with Bosh out) is getting limited minutes because we're trying to bring TJ back into the rotation is crap. especially when TJ is playing like a selfish booger.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,245
Representing:
Default

Its not TJ who they hate but more Jose that they love. I don't dislike Ford at all in fact I think he's still the better player out of the two. I just don't think he is the right fit for Toronto, but I don't agree with the treatment and lack of respect he's been getting from Toronto fans especially when it comes to booing.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,546
Representing:
Default

I have never understanded why booing a team or a player that needs help to get back to his good form. He deserved booing in that game against orlando, but when he is clearly trying to get his teammates involved and it just didnt work in a couple of plays cause he is having some bad games, booing he will only make him play worse.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,548
Representing:
Default

doc hit it right on the head with his post...
they arent booing TJ cause they dislike him (well maybe some are), but the majority are booing because they want Jose in there.
fans want to see a win, they want to have the best players out there... its so obvious now that jose is the better PG for this team, that when TJ comes in and turns things upside down, fans get upset.

jose has quickly turned into the fan favorite on the raps...
when i was at the game a few weeks back, i was in the raps store and the jose calderone tshirts were going like hot cakes... luckily i got one in the nick of time... but that just tells you, everyone loves jose.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,748
Representing:
Default

They're booing him because he's struggling. That's how the classy fans of Toronto treat their beloved heroes. They booed Bargs when he was stinking it up, they booed Dixon when he was stinking it up...
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 View Post
They're booing him because he's struggling. That's how the classy fans of Toronto treat their beloved heroes. They booed Bargs when he was stinking it up, they booed Dixon when he was stinking it up...
Agreed... they boo when they're at the arena and then come home and bitch on the internet.

But hey, doesn't paying for a tshirt and ticket give you the RIGHT to trash your team class be damned? Why sure it does
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,915
Representing:
Default

Fans have a right to boo because they pay the ticket prices that pay the salaries of the players. At the same time however, just like every employee, we go through rough spells in our personal and professional lives, so I would think people would be a bit more empathetic. Right now, TJ needs to go back to basics. Don;t worry about shooting - just dish the ball and drive the lane for lay-ups. In the end, everything will fall into place.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,548
Representing:
Default

omigod, i feel so sorry for him...
he's getting booed. oh no. maybe we should start a "we love TJ Campaign"...
that should make him feel better.
i feel so sad for him... i can just see him now leaving the ACC after getting booed by the fans... getting into his Escalade, driving home to his Mansion, having his chef make him a bedtime snack, logging on the internet to check his multi million dollar account...then crying himself to sleep.
poor TJ.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
omigod, i feel so sorry for him...
he's getting booed. oh no. maybe we should start a "we love TJ Campaign"...
that should make him feel better.
i feel so sad for him... i can just see him now leaving the ACC after getting booed by the fans... getting into his Escalade, driving home to his Mansion, having his chef make him a bedtime snack, logging on the internet to check his multi million dollar account...then crying himself to sleep.
poor TJ.
There's that class Acie and I were referring to
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,548
Representing:
Default

yes, i'm classless because i want to see jose out there instead of TJ.
I'm sure you cheered him on in that orlando game when he "took over", right?
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
yes, i'm classless because i want to see jose out there instead of TJ.
I'm sure you cheered him on in that orlando game when he "took over", right?
It's not the supporting Jose part, it's the dissing TJ part.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,289
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 View Post
They're booing him because he's struggling. That's how the classy fans of Toronto treat their beloved heroes. They booed Bargs when he was stinking it up, they booed Dixon when he was stinking it up...

No. Thats not how they treat HEROES. Its how they treat T.J.

T.J is not a hero...fans can do whatever they please, sometimes I disagree with them, I personally would never boo a current player on the raptors. but If they can run TJ out of town..more power to em
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,915
Representing:
Default

You mofos are cold as ice!
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,748
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
No. Thats not how they treat HEROES. Its how they treat T.J.

T.J is not a hero...fans can do whatever they please, sometimes I disagree with them, I personally would never boo a current player on the raptors. but If they can run TJ out of town..more power to em
Whatever, you know what I meant. Yeah run him out of town. Sets a great precedent, especially for a team that already has a hard enough time finding players willing to come here. Did you feel the same way when they were booing your precious meatball a month back?
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,289
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 View Post
Whatever, you know what I meant. Yeah run him out of town. Sets a great precedent, especially for a team that already has a hard enough time finding players willing to come here. Did you feel the same way when they were booing your precious meatball a month back?
Would I do it? no.

Do they have every right? yes

T.J is the Bryan MaCabe of the raps....

Every city boo's players they are unhappy with. We have the Euro factor now, people will come.

There is a difference in boo'ing A.B and T.J, they are boo'ing AB for not hitting shats...and yes, thats fine...they are boo'ing T.J for being T.J.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,748
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Would I do it? no.

Do they have every right? yes

T.J is the Bryan MaCabe of the raps....

Every city boo's players they are unhappy with. We have the Euro factor now, people will come.

There is a difference in boo'ing A.B and T.J, they are boo'ing AB for not hitting shats...and yes, thats fine...they are boo'ing T.J for being T.J.

I don't follow the Leafs, so the McCabe comparison is lost on me. I've only ever noticed them booing TJ for turning over the ball or missing a shot.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,153
Representing:
Default

Booing TJ is beyond stupid. Anyone who does it is a fucking idiot. I'm surprised people didnt boo Bosh early in the year the way our fans are acting towards TJ right now. You shouldnt boo a proven commodity and top 10 PG when hes struggling. Fuck our fans are dumb, no wonder no one wants to come to Toronto.
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,548
Representing:
Default

oh dont get me wrong boys, i will never boo a current raps player because i just dont think its nice... and its actually counter productive.
but i will yell at my tv and cuss TJ for his mental lapses... and i'll post my thoughts online about my wish for him to be traded.
but i will never outright boo a raptor...

but at the same time, i wont judge the fans or condemn them for thier actions either.
and if they wanna boo TJ, i dont care... boo him.
maybe booing him will help him realize that he shouldnt dribble that crap out of the ball, ignoring any open teamate, and jack up a prayer shot...
maybe booing him will let him know we're unhappy with his dumb decisions and poor play.
sometimes these guys need a good kick in the pants.
they should have thicker skin, they shouldnt take it personal.
they should realize that average blue collar fans want to see them win, we pay to see them win... we dont wanna see them play like crap.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jack Armstrong: Thoughts On 4 Opposing Players From The Road Trip Acie Toronto Raptors 0 11-20-2009 01:40 PM
National Post: Raptors in for tough road trip Acie Toronto Raptors 7 11-13-2009 03:17 PM
Tough Road Trip Coming gdaytday Toronto Raptors 24 11-06-2009 05:29 AM
Road trip to Boston for the Raps vs Celtics Game in Jan Ping Toronto Raptors 37 08-20-2009 04:41 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24