Realistic Small Forward Trade Options - Page 4
Old 12-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #61 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

I think Casspi is a good fit... or else go for a very talented, out of sorts type player that is frustrated and has frustrated his ownership.... like a Tyreke. High end potential and we need that more than we need to worry about fit.

If not, Casspi. He's done in Cleveland, is long, athletic, fiery, young.....and cheap as fuck. Could probably get him for Kleiza right now if we take back Walton.

Or Amir for Walton and Casspi. They can then trade AV
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #62 (permalink)
is not really from Croatia

Senior Member
 
ZanTheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,472
Representing:
Default

And then throw in Bargnani for Tristan Thompson while you're at it.
ZanTheMan is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #63 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanTheMan View Post
And then throw in Bargnani for Tristan Thompson while you're at it.
You're losing me.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #64 (permalink)
is not really from Croatia

Senior Member
 
ZanTheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,472
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
You're losing me.
Pro's for Cavs:
- More offense with Bargs
- Bargs wouldn't be the face of the franchise anymore
- Don't need a good rebounder and interior guy next to Varejao
- Could use some more height on that roster

Pro's for Raps:
- Thompson is Canadian.
- He's a better rebounder than Bargs
- He has room to grow
- Prob a better defender
- We don't need Bargs when the new and improved Casspi is our new sharpshooter and clutchplayer

There you go! Don't know about the salaries though...
ZanTheMan is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #65 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanTheMan View Post
Pro's for Cavs:
- More offense with Bargs
- Bargs wouldn't be the face of the franchise anymore
- Don't need a good rebounder and interior guy next to Varejao
- Could use some more height on that roster

Pro's for Raps:
- Thompson is Canadian.
- He's a better rebounder than Bargs
- He has room to grow
- Prob a better defender
- We don't need Bargs when the new and improved Casspi is our new sharpshooter and clutchplayer

There you go! Don't know about the salaries though...
Salaries don't add up, and I'm not sure getting Thompson helps when we've got Ed here. Aren't they the same player? I'd rather bring in AV for AB if we're doing that.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #66 (permalink)
is not really from Croatia

Senior Member
 
ZanTheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,472
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Salaries don't add up, and I'm not sure getting Thompson helps when we've got Ed here. Aren't they the same player? I'd rather bring in AV for AB if we're doing that.
I don't think AB alone get's you AV...
ZanTheMan is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #67 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanTheMan View Post
I don't think AB alone get's you AV...
I bet you it's closer than you think.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #68 (permalink)
is not really from Croatia

Senior Member
 
ZanTheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,472
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I bet you it's closer than you think.
BC better be reading this then!
ZanTheMan is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #69 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanTheMan View Post
BC better be reading this then!
AV is playing above his head right now.... AB below.... though I think that needs to be a caution.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #70 (permalink)
is not really from Croatia

Senior Member
 
ZanTheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,472
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
AV is playing above his head right now.... AB below.... though I think that needs to be a caution.
If 15ppg and 15rpg is playing above his head, then 12 and 12 in 32 mpg should be realistic numbers. I'd love that from our 4. Ed and Amir will never give you that kind of production. Those are Reggie Evans numbers plus some decent offense.

Plus, Varejao brings you: international game (but the good kind), pride and intensity, Finals experience. I don't know if he's very vocal but maybe he could be our new Oakley!
ZanTheMan is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #71 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanTheMan View Post
If 15ppg and 15rpg is playing above his head, then 12 and 12 in 32 mpg should be realistic numbers. I'd love that from our 4. Ed and Amir will never give you that kind of production. Those are Reggie Evans numbers plus some decent offense.

Plus, Varejao brings you: international game (but the good kind), pride and intensity, Finals experience. I don't know if he's very vocal but maybe he could be our new Oakley!
I've grown to appreciate AV.... but I still trust his career numbers over speculating what he could give based on this season.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #72 (permalink)
is not really from Croatia

Senior Member
 
ZanTheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,472
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I've grown to appreciate AV.... but I still trust his career numbers over speculating what he could give based on this season.
It appears he's really injury prone as well...
Or at least in the last few seasons...
ZanTheMan is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #73 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanTheMan View Post
It appears he's really injury prone as well...
Or at least in the last few seasons...
which is why it's closer than you think.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #74 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

Senior Member
 
Raptors1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,025
Representing:
Default

Luke Walton for Linas Kleiza. Package Walton's expiring with Jose's or another player and get something done.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #75 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors1995 View Post
Luke Walton for Linas Kleiza. Package Walton's expiring with Jose's or another player and get something done.
Why would they do that? Ever? Makes no sense. They don't want Kleiza.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #76 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,051
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanTheMan View Post
It appears he's really injury prone as well...
Or at least in the last few seasons...
All big men are.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #77 (permalink)
is not really from Croatia

Senior Member
 
ZanTheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,472
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
All big men are.
Dwight Howard isn't.
ZanTheMan is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #78 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

Senior Member
 
Raptors1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,025
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Why would they do that? Ever? Makes no sense. They don't want Kleiza.
With them re-building it doesn't make sense, but they might take him in a larger trade. There has to be a team out there that would take Kleiza for an expiring; possibly a playoff team who's already cap committed for next year. I don't know if BC was talking out of his ass, but he said in the past he got a lot of calls for Kleiza.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #79 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanTheMan View Post
Dwight Howard isn't.
the guy with a bum back? lol
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #80 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors1995 View Post
With them re-building it doesn't make sense, but they might take him in a larger trade. There has to be a team out there that would take Kleiza for an expiring; possibly a playoff team who's already cap committed for next year. I don't know if BC was talking out of his ass, but he said in the past he got a lot of calls for Kleiza.
the more that he struggles the lower that value drops..... Not saying it's terrible, but he's the kind of middling talent nobody should be paying 6M for.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24