Ratings for the Raptors starting to rise
Old 01-04-2014, 12:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,885
Representing:
Raptors Ratings for the Raptors starting to rise

Helps that the game was on a channel that everyone can get. But the buzz around this team lately has been crazy. Listening to the radio, i haven't heard people talk so much Raptor ball in years.


Quote:
cathalkelly‏@cathalkelly2h
TV audience for the Raptors' New Year's Day game against the Pacers: 274,000 on TSN. That's a 50% increase over last year's average.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
stripes

Senior Member
 
just4_raps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,822
Representing:
Default

Ya TSN actually spent more than a few seconds talking about the Raps recent successes before jumping right into that 'good ole hockey game'
just4_raps is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
firing casey before 2014

Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 557
Representing:
Default

every game held on tsn I watch on stream


fuck them
firecasey2013 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
A True Diamond In The Rough

Senior Member
 
The Diamond Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pluto
Posts: 3,014
Representing:
Default

It's good to see the ratings rise, knowing that more people are supporting the team. At the same time though they should be supporting the team through thick and thin. One thing I truly hate about sports is people that jump on the bandwagon.
The Diamond Scorpion is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,786
Representing:
Default

I'll be honest. I jumped off the wagon after the ridiculous loss to the Warriors. But then I got right back on as soon as the Gay trade happened
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
A True Diamond In The Rough

Senior Member
 
The Diamond Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pluto
Posts: 3,014
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post
I'll be honest. I jumped off the wagon after the ridiculous loss to the Warriors. But then I got right back on as soon as the Gay trade happened
At least your honest about it. I have friends that constantly shit on the Raptors day in day out, but as soon as they start winning they start praising ever player and coach in the organization. They even go as far to say extend everyone because the Raps are playing great. This alone makes me frustrated with them daily because even when the team is losing they say they are still supporting the Raptors, only to go on and wish they lose every game.

Last edited by The Diamond Scorpion; 01-04-2014 at 11:31 AM.
The Diamond Scorpion is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Diamond Scorpion View Post
At least your honest about it. I have friends that constantly shit on the Raptors day in day out, but as soon as they start winning they start praising ever player and coach in the organization. They even go as far to say extend everyone because the Raps are playing great. This alone makes me frustrated with them daily because even when the team is losing they say they are still supporting the Raptors, only to go on and wish they lose every game.
The only thing that tops that is when "fans" who "know" about basketball just look at points scored by individual players.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,878
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
The only thing that tops that is when "fans" who "know" about basketball just look at points scored by individual players.
Yea i have friends who thinks that David Lee is ''underrated'' and would be happy to trade for him.
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,010
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
Yea i have friends who thinks that David Lee is ''underrated'' and would be happy to trade for him.
David Lee is underrated at this point, even though I dont want to trade for him. People think he's an unmovable contract, and that GSW would be better without him. Those people haven't seen him play this season.

But on topic, I'm glad the interest is rising, and hopefully come April, Toronto, and Canada, is in a Raptors frenzy.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,903
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Diamond Scorpion View Post
It's good to see the ratings rise, knowing that more people are supporting the team. At the same time though they should be supporting the team through thick and thin. One thing I truly hate about sports is people that jump on the bandwagon.
Sorry man, but after what, like 3 straight years of crap ball, its not bandwagon jumping....at that point its just a waste of time
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,885
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5racer View Post
Sorry man, but after what, like 3 straight years of crap ball, its not bandwagon jumping....at that point its just a waste of time
3yrs? That's your breaking point?


PUSSY!!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
lovin' it

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 45
Representing:
Default

I think it's a matter of disrespect in terms of how much media coverage the Raps get in Canada, let alone the US. They're Canada's only team in the league yet fans have to subscribe to crappy specialty channels in order to watch a good amount of their games.
the Ted is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,885
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Ted View Post
I think it's a matter of disrespect in terms of how much media coverage the Raps get in Canada, let alone the US. They're Canada's only team in the league yet fans have to subscribe to crappy specialty channels in order to watch a good amount of their games.
And then the media laments about the low ratings and don't mention that half the country don't even get those channels.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
lovin' it

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 45
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
And then the media laments about the low ratings and don't mention that half the country don't even get those channels.
Exactly.
the Ted is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,237
Representing:
Default

It's also up to the organization to make a competitive team year in and year out. A lot of fans are casual, and have no incentive to watch a team that has not history of being amazing. If could become a constant threat in the NBA for a 5 years stretch, I think the team would have a lot of retention, even when they are having a loosing season. Did anyone really go watch Miami play toronto over the last few seasons to see Andrea Bargnani? At least now people do have something to cheer for.
DuCa00795 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,885
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Ted View Post
Exactly.
It always pisses me off how the vast majority of the media talk down about the Raptors and basketball in general. It doesn't help that basketball season coincides with hockey and most of the media doesn't want basketball to get any attention and they generally have no clue about the sport, nor do they respect it. I guess because there isn't two athletes holding onto each other at center court, whaling on each other.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

Might want to take games off TSN2 if you want a ratings boost.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
lovin' it

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 45
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
It always pisses me off how the vast majority of the media talk down about the Raptors and basketball in general. It doesn't help that basketball season coincides with hockey and most of the media doesn't want basketball to get any attention and they generally have no clue about the sport, nor do they respect it. I guess because there isn't two athletes holding onto each other at center court, whaling on each other.
True. The reality is they don't really give a shit about the sport here. Hockey's already been established as "our game" and the media is going to continue with that, but at the same time you can't expect this team to flourish without the country's support. Check TSN, it's like the same replays of hockey highlights all day with the rare coverage of 2 basketball games from the previous night, sometimes not even including the Raps.
the Ted is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Landing flight 31

Senior Member
 
0nekhmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brampton Ontario
Posts: 3,177
Representing:
Default

At least it's better than having no fans on winning teams (Memphis, Washington). But yeah I know so many people who will be calling the "craptors" a championship calibre.
0nekhmer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Let's get this win, Raptors!

Senior Member
 
rockthetdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,132
Representing:
Default

I refuse to pay for the TSN2, SNET1 and LeafsTV channels, so I watch it when I can.

I'm more impressed by the fact that sportscentre is now starting off the show with Raptors highlights, if the Leafs aren't playing. I remember when they'd show all the hockey highlights (even if the Leafs weren't playing) before they showed the Raptors highlights.
rockthetdot is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24