Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Rate the Worst BC Moves (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/rate-worst-bc-moves-11776.html)

RAPMAN 11-27-2009 09:46 AM

Rate the Worst BC Moves
 
I like BC. He is a guy who is not afraid to clean up his mess. For example, trading JO, Kapono, Fred Jones for good players in return. However, he has done alot of knucklehead moves. I think his love affair with Bargnani will eventually lead to his downfall. Please rate your top "what was he thinking" moves by BC:

1. Drafting Bargnani
2. Giving Bargnani $50 million over 5 years
3. Hiring Jay Triano as head coach or Keeping Smitch

'trane 11-27-2009 09:47 AM

all of those were good moves.

DVS 11-27-2009 09:49 AM

Oh god LOL isn't Hindsight 20 / 20. I'd never say a coach is the worst decision because personally I think they get way too much credit in the media and fan bases.

I'll go with the following in no apparent order

1. Overpaying for Jack (the midlevel curse)
2. Drafting Derozan
3. Signing JO


Jury is out still on #2

DVS 11-27-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'trane (Post 278567)
all of those were good moves.

I have to agree. Signing Bargs wasn't a horrible move. A 7 footer than can score is almost a given to sign

RAPMAN 11-27-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'trane (Post 278567)
all of those were good moves.

Is that you Mr. Colangelo?

Bmats7 11-27-2009 10:01 AM

1 and 3 were good moves.

2 was a little too hasty though for my liking.

One of Bargnani extension/ signing Turkoglu was our worst move only because it is a redundant move.

Acie 11-27-2009 10:13 AM

1. Traded Jason Kidd to the Nets for Marbury
2. Traded Danny Manning and Pat Garrity and two first round draft picks to Orlando for Afernee Hardaway
3. Drafted Žarko Čabarkapa

Bmats7 11-27-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acie (Post 278581)
2. Traded Danny Manning and Pat Garrity and two first round draft picks to Orlando for Afernee Hardaway

The Hardaway/Shaq days in Orlando were awesome. I still remember when Jordan came back in the playoffs and Nick Anderson made that steal. I thought they'd win a title together.

I think they had Horace Grant at the time too. I miss 90's basketball lol.

DVS 11-27-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acie (Post 278581)
1. Traded Jason Kidd to the Nets for Marbury
2. Traded Danny Manning and Pat Garrity and two first round draft picks to Orlando for Afernee Hardaway
3. Drafted Žarko Čabarkapa

Dam u can't get into pre raptor history now. Also, Marbury's later salary dump turned into Nash so he got vindicated there.


He is a juggler thats for sure

m5racer 11-27-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVS (Post 278568)

1. Overpaying for Jack (the midlevel curse)
2. Drafting Derozan
3. Signing JO


I like these, but i think the JO trade should be first.

Oh and for anyone who thinks a guy who is averaging 18/6.5 doesent diserve 10 mill a year your crazy (and his numbers continue to climb)

INSIDER 11-27-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAPMAN (Post 278566)

1. Drafting Bargnani
2. Giving Bargnani $50 million over 5 years

maybe, you would have been happier with Adam Morrison....

you are complianing about a guy who puts up 17.5 and 6.5 a night, playing the most difficult position in the game.
get over it.

RAPMAN 11-27-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 278590)
maybe, you would have been happier with Adam Morrison....

you are complianing about a guy who puts up 17.5 and 6.5 a night, playing the most difficult position in the game.
get over it.

Give me a break. I'm talking about taking Brandon Roy, Lamarcus Aldridge, or Rudy Gay. I'm talking about one of the worst rebounding centers in the league:

NBA Statistics and League Leaders - National Basketball Association - ESPN

I'm talking about a player who constantly misses defense assignments, and one of the worst help defenders entering his fourth season in the NBA. Whatever he brings on the offensive end, its lost in the defensive end. That what you're getting from a No.1 Overall Pick.

'trane 11-27-2009 10:54 AM

aldridge is redundant with bosh and is just as perimiter oriented. gay is an overrated chucker who doesn't really play d and wouldn't help much either, and roy was on no one's board as a top 3 pick let alone #1. that's some sweet hindsight you got there rapman.

INSIDER 11-27-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAPMAN (Post 278595)
Give me a break. I'm talking about taking Brandon Roy, Lamarcus Aldridge, or Rudy Gay. I'm talking about one of the worst rebounding centers in the league:

NBA Statistics and League Leaders - National Basketball Association - ESPN

I'm talking about a player who constantly misses defense assignments, and one of the worst help defenders entering his fourth season in the NBA. Whatever he brings on the offensive end, its lost in the defensive end.

its funny you pick the guys who had made it big... why not take a look at the guys from the top 10 who didnt pan out; Adam Morrison, Tyrus Thomas, Sheldon Williams, Randy Foye, Patrick O'bryant...etc, etc.
hindsight is 20/20.
would you have been happier with one of those busts, or would you prefer AB?

and in Bargnani's defense, he's playing out of his normal position, he isnt a Legit Center.... and no one on the raps plays solid defense anyway, so putting him down is pointless really, when the whole team could be blamed.

jeffb 11-27-2009 10:56 AM

Worst moves:

1. JO/Banks
2. Signing Kapono
3. Triano

Bill Haverchuck 11-27-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAPMAN (Post 278566)
I like BC. He is a guy who is not afraid to clean up his mess. For example, trading JO, Kapono, Fred Jones for good players in return. However, he has done alot of knucklehead moves. I think his love affair with Bargnani will eventually lead to his downfall. Please rate your top "what was he thinking" moves by BC:

1. Drafting Bargnani
2. Giving Bargnani $50 million over 5 years
3. Hiring Jay Triano as head coach or Keeping Smitch


1 - No analysts were expecting Roy or Gay to go # 1. Andrea Bargnani was a virtual consensus #1 pick by major mock drafts. Roy and Gay were not predicted to go #2 either. Some thought Gay should be in the top 3, but most also thought Roy should not be in the top 5. Analysts did not view Roy and Gay as the top talent in the draft. In fact, many analysts thought Tyrus Thomas was the best pick after Bargnani. Imagine the Raps with Tyrus Thomas. Things could be much worse. That just shows you how fucked up drafts can be and how far off analysts predictions can be. I'm not talking out of my ass. I will provide a link to the 2006 mock draft predictions.

NBA.com 2006 mock draft predictions

2 - That deal could turn out to be a huge steal. Bargnani's contract of $50 mill over 5 years is pretty efficient given what he provides. The Trail Blazers are paying Aldridge $65 million over 5 years. Aldridge's contract is much harder to trade if he doesn't take his game to another level. After this season, the Jazz are paying Okur more than $10 million per for basically the same skill set and scoring production that Bargs provides the Raps. Okur is a slightly better rebounder, but Bargs, believe it or not, is a better post defender.

3 - I don't have the desire to debate that one. You might be right. If I was playing devil's advocate, the only thing I'd say is that we don't know who BC may have approached about coaching and whether they declined the job. It's possible that BC put "feelers" out to see if certain people were interested but discovered that nobody wanted the Raptor job. Before the moves BC made this summer, I doubt elite candidates were interested in coaching in Toronto.

jeffb 11-27-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAPMAN (Post 278595)
Give me a break. I'm talking about taking Brandon Roy, Lamarcus Aldridge, or Rudy Gay. I'm talking about one of the worst rebounding centers in the league:

NBA Statistics and League Leaders - National Basketball Association - ESPN

I'm talking about a player who constantly misses defense assignments, and one of the worst help defenders entering his fourth season in the NBA. Whatever he brings on the offensive end, its lost in the defensive end. That what you're getting from a No.1 Overall Pick.


Roy didn't go top 5, Rudy Gay is a chucker, Aldrige = lesser Bosh.

jeffb 11-27-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'trane (Post 278602)
aldridge is redundant with bosh and is just as perimiter oriented. gay is an overrated chucker who doesn't really play d and wouldn't help much either, and roy was on no one's board as a top 3 pick let alone #1. that's some sweet hindsight you got there rapman.

+1

RAPMAN 11-27-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 278603)
its funny you pick the guys who had made it big... why not take a look at the guys from the top 10 who didnt pan out; Adam Morrison, Tyrus Thomas, Sheldon Williams, Randy Foye, Patrick O'bryant...etc, etc.
hindsight is 20/20.
would you have been happier with one of those busts, or would you prefer AB?

and in Bargnani's defense, he's playing out of his normal position, he isnt a Legit Center.... and no one on the raps plays solid defense anyway, so putting him down is pointless really, when the whole team could be blamed.

Dude, you have the No.1 Overall Pick. When you have the No.1 pick you get your franchise player. You don't have to wait for other teams to make their choice, you get to make the first choice amongst all the players. That when franchises built their team around Dwight Howard, Leborn James, Derrick Rose, Yao Ming or when franchises fall when they use their No.1 pick on Michael Olowokandi or Kwame Brown. Take out Bosh from this team, and see how Bargnani does as your #1 option? You'll see Toronto become a lottery team for many years.

Superjudge 11-27-2009 11:21 AM

guys, rating trades, or sigings, or drafts picks, AFTER you see the results is silly.

Unless a move is flat out crazy and people all see it that way when it's happening. There are few moves in Pro sports that are truly bad moves when analyzed at the point of transaction. People are unreliable, both for the good and the bad.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24