Raptors Will Hold Training Camp In Ottawa
Old 07-07-2008, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,250
Representing:
Default Raptors Will Hold Training Camp In Ottawa

So it would appear as though its official now that Ottawa and Carleton University will host the Raptors traning camp this fall. It was a rumour a couple weeks ago, but appears to be a done deal now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSN.ca
It appears Canada's only NBA franchise will be returning to the nation's capital.

According to a report in the Ottawa Sun, the Toronto Raptors are preparing to hold their 2008-09 training camp at Carleton University. Sources confirmed that the deal is pending finalization between the Raptors and the school.

This will be the second time the Raptors have visited Ottawa. The team held a pre-season game at Scotiabank in 1994.

Toronto has made a habit of rotating the team's training camp. Last season, the Raptors travelled to Europe and held camp in Italy and Spain. In the past, the Raptors have visited other Ontario locations in St. Catharines and Waterloo.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member, Eh?
 
Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,605
Representing:
Default

For once they are making sense. As the only Canadian franchise they should hold it in CANADA. Not Italy or Spain!!

What kinds of players are coming for sure? Or do we have no clue yet?
Major is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,250
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
What kinds of players are coming for sure? Or do we have no clue yet?
It's training camp so I believe the entire team will be there unless I'm interpreting things wrong.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member, Eh?
 
Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,605
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
It's training camp so I believe the entire team will be there unless I'm interpreting things wrong.
No, obviously the whole teams gonna be there.

I mean like are there going to be some new players there. Cuz I know in some other teams when they brought in some people we didn't know yet. I was just wondering if the Raptors were doing the same thing. It's probably no but I was just wondering because I had heard of it before.
Major is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,250
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
No, obviously the whole teams gonna be there.

I mean like are there going to be some new players there. Cuz I know in some other teams when they brought in some people we didn't know yet. I was just wondering if the Raptors were doing the same thing. It's probably no but I was just wondering because I had heard of it before.
I guess that depends on how the summer league goes and if there are any players that impress BC, Mauricio, Sam and his staff. To be determined I guess.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member, Eh?
 
Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,605
Representing:
Default

Sorry dude, i little bit of a stupid question i guess.
Major is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
dollar dollar bills yall

Member
 
JayJayW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 417
Representing:
Default

the only stupid question is the question not asked
JayJayW is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate
 
Adequate Swag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 513
Representing:
Default

It's entirely closed off besides the intra squad scrimmage at the end if I'm not mistaken.

AKA the most exciting thing about this for Ottawa residents is that you might see some very tall men at local beverage emporiums around that time.
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
dollar dollar bills yall

Member
 
JayJayW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 417
Representing:
Default

can we watch anything in traning camp
JayJayW is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate
 
Adequate Swag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 513
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJayW View Post
can we watch anything in traning camp
Just the scrimmage on the last day.
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
praying Drummond doesnt haunt us forever.

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,195
Representing:
Default

I wonder if the whole building is gonna be blocked off because thats where many walk up the stairs to get to classes, or walk through the halls to get to the other side for classes.

Sucks that they dont open it up for practice, but whatever.

Doc, once you get the info on when/where/how the tickets are on sale let me know because I gotta get a bundle. You think its gonna be set seating or get the tickets, show up and first come first serve type of thing? I've never seen the gym with the chairs down.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member, Eh?
 
Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,605
Representing:
Default

Looks like nothing has been confirmed yet thriller. But they gave an unofficial date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada.com
While no agreement has been signed and the NBA hasn't finalized dates for training camp, it appears the Toronto Raptors will spend the better part of a week this fall at Carleton University in Ottawa preparing for the 2008-09 NBA season.

"There's nothing confirmed and we're still in the process of exploring that option," Raptors director of media relations Jim LaBumbard said.

"But we're looking at somewhere around Sept. 29 or the first or second of October. We should have everything worked out by early August."
Major is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,250
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
Doc, once you get the info on when/where/how the tickets are on sale let me know because I gotta get a bundle. You think its gonna be set seating or get the tickets, show up and first come first serve type of thing? I've never seen the gym with the chairs down.
Not sure thrills, but I'll keep you posted and check Carleton U. as well for information.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
I wonder if the whole building is gonna be blocked off because thats where many walk up the stairs to get to classes, or walk through the halls to get to the other side for classes.

Sucks that they dont open it up for practice, but whatever.

Doc, once you get the info on when/where/how the tickets are on sale let me know because I gotta get a bundle. You think its gonna be set seating or get the tickets, show up and first come first serve type of thing? I've never seen the gym with the chairs down.
From a rumor i heard the inter squad game will likely be played at the scotia bank place.
reidjr is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
praying Drummond doesnt haunt us forever.

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,195
Representing:
Default

Thats even better, because theres no way they sell out that game. I can get tix easily and actually be able to sit next to my friends, something thats nearly impossible to do at the ACC
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,250
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidjr View Post
From a rumor i heard the inter squad game will likely be played at the scotia bank place.
I could see that and it would definitely be more accommodating than Carleton U.

Welcome to RF reid.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
Thats even better, because theres no way they sell out that game. I can get tix easily and actually be able to sit next to my friends, something thats nearly impossible to do at the ACC
I would not be to sure about getting tickets easy.For wat ever reason ottawa is starting to become a very big basketball community.Sales for ncaa/cis the pre season games at the spb are going very well.Both carleton and the geegees reg season ticket season tickets are selling very fast.
reidjr is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
praying Drummond doesnt haunt us forever.

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,195
Representing:
Default

Yeah, but their arenas cant hold 16000 people. The scotiabank/corel center can, and seeing as how most of the basketball fans in the city are my age, its very unlikely they come close to selling out. I'd bet that they get maybe 10k people and the people that got tix for the 3rd section will be able to move down courtside.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
Yeah, but their arenas cant hold 16000 people. The scotiabank/corel center can, and seeing as how most of the basketball fans in the city are my age, its very unlikely they come close to selling out. I'd bet that they get maybe 10k people and the people that got tix for the 3rd section will be able to move down courtside.
1)The capital classic had just under 10,000 that was held at the sbp.

2)The ncaa/cis games are beeing played at the spb.

3)Since it could hold 22,000 for basketball no they won't see out.I would say there could be 10,000-16,000.But the first level would be sold out.
reidjr is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
praying Drummond doesnt haunt us forever.

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,195
Representing:
Default

The one game I saw of the NCIS or whatever its called, the first level had a lot of empty spots.

It can hold 22k? I thought it was only like 18k? When I went to Sens games a while back and they sold out it was always like 17 thousand 200 or something like that.

I dont think the first section will completely sell out. Hopefully its cheap.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[RP] Raptors Inside Training Camp Oct 26 09 bigmac(rexdale) Raptors Video Vault 0 10-26-2009 09:20 PM
Raps in Ottawa for Training Camp? Ball Don't Lie Toronto Raptors 8 09-15-2009 12:24 PM
Raptors Inviting C.J. Giles to Training Camp Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 11 05-27-2009 12:26 PM
Raps Ottawa Training Camp Update Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 27 09-25-2008 11:21 AM
Raptors Traning Camp In Ottawa This Fall Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 11 06-23-2008 07:12 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24