Raptors walking wounded update - Page 5
Old 01-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #81 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
numbah eleven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 493
Representing:
Default

Read in local news that JV is likely to return in a week.

Kleiza is out for long, waiting for some leg muscle to strengthen and might even miss the rest of a season.
numbah eleven is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #82 (permalink)
grabbin boards, droppin dimes, and lightin them up

Senior Member
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,207
Representing:
Default

AMNESTY
Alex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #83 (permalink)
On T-Ross Flight 31

Senior Member
 
Ataf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 1,710
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Ataf
Default

I hope to god we use the amnesty on him.
Ataf is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #84 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
numbah eleven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 493
Representing:
Default

No! He will recover! Stop saying that!
numbah eleven is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #85 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,869
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataf View Post
I hope to god we use the amnesty on him.
On who, Kleiza? Yeah, there isn't many other candidates for amnesty at this point.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #86 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

sadly all it will do is keep them under the cap a little
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #87 (permalink)
threes and free throws

Senior Member
 
Metallikid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,845
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
On who, Kleiza? Yeah, there isn't many other candidates for amnesty at this point.
The unnamed one.
Metallikid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #88 (permalink)
awesome

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 710
Representing:
Default

Honestly all this Bargs amnesty shit is just stupid. I'd much rather have him coming off the bench than amnesty him or trade him for little in return. He has a lot of talent, even if he doesn't play to 100% he's valuable off the bench.
RaptorsFan4Life is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #89 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,395
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsFan4Life View Post
Honestly all this Bargs amnesty shit is just stupid. I'd much rather have him coming off the bench than amnesty him or trade him for little in return. He has a lot of talent, even if he doesn't play to 100% he's valuable off the bench.
Agree ... I wouldn't just get rid of Bargs ... we're not winning any NBA title anytime soon ... no hurry. Try to get some value out of Bargs.

Now Kleiza makes more sense to me ...
Carlito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #90 (permalink)
chillin like a gremlin

Senior Member
 
bigmandinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 749
Representing:
Default

Raptors? Bargnani, Valanciunas could return in couple weeks | ProBasketballTalk

JV back soon =)
bigmandinky is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #91 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,218
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmandinky View Post
at this point he should just be coming off the bench and taking Gray's minutes so we don't have to see Gray on the floor and then taking a few minutes from amir and ed to give them the rest that they've been needing since its been basically the 2 of them with everybody else injured
JV isn't ready for the big minutes yet and amir and ed have earned the majority of them
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #92 (permalink)
chillin like a gremlin

Senior Member
 
bigmandinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 749
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
at this point he should just be coming off the bench and taking Gray's minutes so we don't have to see Gray on the floor and then taking a few minutes from amir and ed to give them the rest that they've been needing since its been basically the 2 of them with everybody else injured
JV isn't ready for the big minutes yet and amir and ed have earned the majority of them
I'd say he could play more than that. If we play Amir at the 4 more (alongside JV) instead of Anderson or Fields, it would probably provide a big boost on the boards and that would be a good shot blocking frontline.
bigmandinky is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #93 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Boy does this team need a sf, instead, let's stock up on every other position.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #94 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,649
Representing:
Default

I've lost most of my interest in this team with everything that's happened, but with JV coming back it'll rekindle my interest.

If I was BC, I'd be a fucking doorknob, but I'd look to trade Jose, Anderson, and Bargs at the deadline. Then we should be giving 32 mpg to each of Ed, Jonas, and Amir to split together as a 3 bigman rotation, like the Lakers used to do with Gasol/Odom/Bynum. And also give 20+ mpg to Ross. We're not going to re-sign Jose, and re-signing Anderson to a Kleiza/Fields type contract would be a colossal error, so we should be looking to move both now. And with Andrea I dont even need to get into why we need to trade him, its obvious.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #95 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,869
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
I've lost most of my interest in this team with everything that's happened, but with JV coming back it'll rekindle my interest.

If I was BC, I'd be a fucking doorknob, but I'd look to trade Jose, Anderson, and Bargs at the deadline. Then we should be giving 32 mpg to each of Ed, Jonas, and Amir to split together as a 3 bigman rotation, like the Lakers used to do with Gasol/Odom/Bynum. And also give 20+ mpg to Ross. We're not going to re-sign Jose, and re-signing Anderson to a Kleiza/Fields type contract would be a colossal error, so we should be looking to move both now. And with Andrea I dont even need to get into why we need to trade him, its obvious.
I heard someone on the radio today that mentioned the Raps should look to move Anderson/Calderon together in a package and that a playoff team would love to have their experience off the bench.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #96 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,649
Representing:
Default

Portland would be a great fit for both since they need depth, but they don't really have anything they can give up, and I think theyd have to send back equal salary to make the trade work since theyre not under the cap I believe.

The other teams that could need both are Indy, Dallas, and Utah. On Indy, I think we'd be looking to trade for Stephenson. Dallas, we'd be looking to get back Beaubois. And with Utah, probably Burks. Just try and get a young player and a couple of 2nd round picks or something.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #97 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,218
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I heard someone on the radio today that mentioned the Raps should look to move Anderson/Calderon together in a package and that a playoff team would love to have their experience off the bench.
for the good of the Raptors they probably should move AA, he's not going to get any better and the team is not going anywhere, him being here only benefits him in terms of playing time, all he's doing here is keeping us in that 10th seed, he's good off the bench but way more valuable if it can bring back someone that fits the teams long term goals, only thing is he's pretty bargain value so his contract doesn't bring much back and I'm not even sure bundling his contract with someone else adds any value, he brings value as a player but I'm worried his contract doesn't match his value
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #98 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Raptors' coach Dwane Casey thinks Bargnani (elbow) could return to action in the next week and a half, the Toronto Sun reports.

Lowry (back) did not practice Sunday, TSN 1050 reports. May not play tonight
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #99 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,869
Representing:
Default

There's a rumor that JV might play tonight.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #100 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
There's a rumor that JV might play tonight.
So JV will return first, Kudos JeffB
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24