Raptors so called "Insider" News"
Old 05-30-2010, 11:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,271
Representing:
Default Raptors so called "Insider" News"

Quote:
Hey guys, its me again, I ususally post as "raptorgenius7" but i forgot my password for that account because i only post when I have insider news for my realgm fam. Bryan feels the pressure guys, he's constantly working the phone for deals, and talking with agents. I do know of a couple deals that Bryan has on the table and let me just say this, the deals that Bryan has up his sleeve will easily convince Chris to stay. I cant get to any details ( and im not trying to tease you all but i just dont want you all to give up on bryan just yet and we will be a better ball club in the next couple weeks) but i do expect one of the trade talks to leak some time this week ( this trade talk im referring to started late last week and will pick up steam after this weekend) so make sure you all keep logging on realgm. Also, Bryan is so intrigued with his "life after bosh" plan that he no longer cares if Chris stays or not. Oh and some more stuff, Bryan isnt focusing too much on the draft....if you catch my drift. Guys, June is going to be one busy month as Bryan is trying to pull off at least one of these deals before draft. My realgm family dont give up just yet, Bryan is still alive! Take care guys!
RealGM • View topic - Raptors Insider News

Does anyone have an idea of what Colangelo might be up to?
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

Nope.

Experience tells me trying to guess would be a waste of time!
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,271
Representing:
Default

I hope we're not trading away our future for guys like Gilbert Arenas or Joe Johnson.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Unacceptable?! Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch!

Get off my lawn
 
Renihan_00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,330
Representing:
Default

Let's ask this question:

If we succeed in a Hedo buy-out....Does that give us the cap space to make a S+T or a straight up signing of a big name player?

I know we don't have the pieces but could we afford Wade in a S+T? Just want to know what our options are.

If this isn't what is being referred to, I have no idea what else has changed
Renihan_00 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
A Celtic-Red Sox hater!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 509
Representing:
Default

If nothing else, this years playoffs shows that you need physical toughness and defence in order to win. Unless we address our toughness and defence we will forever be a treadmill team. Bryan finally started making some progressive moves last summer. Previous seasons saw him making too many regressive ones and along the way depleting our cupboard of tradeable assets. If he can pull off an off-season of progression like last season's, this team will be a significant one, next season.

Most important thing he probably should of learned this season is that player character is so very important in creating a self motivating team. Guys who are laid back and difficult to motivate should be steered clear from, just like the plague!

Guys like Bosh,Jack,Derozan,Weems and Amir are keepers because they require little motivation. They all need to be retained and we need to continue to build around them!
tvett6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
Aamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,224
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvett6 View Post
If nothing else, this years playoffs shows that you need physical toughness and defence in order to win. Unless we address our toughness and defence we will forever be a treadmill team. Bryan finally started making some progressive moves last summer. Previous seasons saw him making too many regressive ones and along the way depleting our cupboard of tradeable assets. If he can pull off an off-season of progression like last season's, this team will be a significant one, next season.

Most important thing he probably should of learned this season is that player character is so very important in creating a self motivating team. Guys who are laid back and difficult to motivate should be steered clear from, just like the plague!

Guys like Bosh,Jack,Derozan,Weems and Amir are keepers because they require little motivation. They all need to be retained and we need to continue to build around them!
Great post. We forsure have to do build around those names. They are young and full of potential. I wouldn't even mind Antoine having a role on this team next year.
Aamir is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,591
Representing:
Default

deals that are going to convince Bosh to stay but is intrigued with life after Bosh
I call BS and trading is a 2 way street
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
enjoying having the keys to destiny

perusing ancient database
 
ClingRap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The far side of the Universe.
Posts: 1,846
Representing:
Default

much ado about nothing here. gotta wait another month or so before anything signifcant occurs.
ClingRap is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,731
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renihan_00 View Post
Let's ask this question:

If we succeed in a Hedo buy-out....Does that give us the cap space to make a S+T or a straight up signing of a big name player?

I know we don't have the pieces but could we afford Wade in a S+T? Just want to know what our options are.

If this isn't what is being referred to, I have no idea what else has changed
Thing is, a buy-out counts towards your payroll for the length of the contract. If it didn't teams would be filtering their toxic contracts every offseason.

Hedo's contract is tradeable, bad year or not he's still a skilled basketball player and will help a team if put in the right spots. Besides, if Eddy Curry and Larry Hughes can be moved anything is possible.

There won't be much value added besides the obvious addition by subtraction of Turkoglu. We'll get a toxic contract in return, I just hope that BC can get a player who will play at least a little defense and be able to contribute modestly within the framework of this team.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingRap View Post
much ado about nothing here. gotta wait another month or so before anything signifcant occurs.
I will agree with one thing foresure, a deal will likely be made in the next 2 weeks. He'll want to do something prior to the draft, which will dictate what he does draft night and possibly dictate what Bosh does as well.I expect rumoured deals to start trickling out in the next 2 weeks!
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

6 Man Like Lou Will
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,629
Representing:
Default

Well, if this guy's legit...
Bryan's probably working at a deal to acquire a somewhat-big name player. He sounds very excited, and convinced that Chris Bosh will drop his jaws in awe. So, maybe he's working at a deal where he unloads our draft pick. Is this what Doug meant by "fasten you seatbelts"? Then again the guy could just be pulling our asses
js12 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
Well, if this guy's legit...
Bryan's probably working at a deal to acquire a somewhat-big name player. He sounds very excited, and convinced that Chris Bosh will drop his jaws in awe. So, maybe he's working at a deal where he unloads our draft pick. Is this what Doug meant by "fasten you seatbelts"? Then again the guy could just be pulling our asses
I don't think he's pulling shit. Where there's smoke there's fire. Smith says fasten your seatbelt, this guy saying some big move(s) are coming....we all know Colangelo is gonna do everything he can do to land a bigger player to keep Bosh and that he doesn't want to miss the playoffs a 3rd striaght season in his final year (contract), and that he's nowhere near willing to blow it up. All of that points undoubtadly to a couple significant moves.

As for Bosh dropping his jaw, i would assume BC has passed his plans by him and thrown out the possiblities (players they might bring in) to get a gauge from him as to how he feels going forward.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,552
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Bryan isnt focusing too much on the draft....if you catch my drift.
I guess we can forget about Avery Bradley.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I guess we can forget about Avery Bradley.
Fine by me depending on what moves are made.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,552
Representing:
Default

Quote:
I do know of a couple deals that Bryan has on the table and let me just say this, the deals that Bryan has up his sleeve will easily convince Chris to stay.
Welcome to Toronto, Lebron James.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,073
Representing:
Default

BC working on a trade! NOOOO (long and sarcastic no)!

i could have told you all that...:bored:
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Welcome to Toronto, Lebron James.
I think ge's going after a top flight PG or an Iggy type of player.


I think guys he will be trying to land include:

Harris
Ellis
CP3 (Highly unlikely)
Iggy
Butler
Hamilton
Deng
Ariza
K. Martin
Rudy Gay

IMO those are all unlikely but if we can land one of those players, especially one of the more significant ones, and then sign a Mike Miller type with MLE things could get interesting.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,552
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Hey guys, its me again. I usually post under the name "Dark Knight" because I'm too lazy to make a new account. So I heard through a very legitimate source of mine, and by that, I mean the hot-dog guy at Gate 5, who has connections with BC. Anyway, I don't want to get into too much detail of what BC has up his sleeve, other than that we're trading Hedo, Jose, and Banks for Lebron James and firing Jay for Phil Jackson. After that, BC is going to sign Chris to a max contract and call it a summer. But you didn't hear that from me. Peace guys. Hope this helped.
Another inside source I found.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,591
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I think ge's going after a top flight PG or an Iggy type of player.


I think guys he will be trying to land include:

Harris
Ellis
CP3 (Highly unlikely)
Iggy
Butler
Hamilton
Deng
Ariza
K. Martin
Rudy Gay

IMO those are all unlikely but if we can land one of those players, especially one of the more significant ones, and then sign a Mike Miller type with MLE things could get interesting.
who's the best player BC has aquired for the raps outside of drafting? lets remind ourselves of that
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
who's the best player BC has aquired for the raps outside of drafting? lets remind ourselves of that
He's made bigger deals for bigger named players then any GM in the history of this org.... and look at his history in PHX as well.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24