Raptors should trade Lowry now, stop this treadmill: Kelly - Page 6
Old 11-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #101 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,298
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Well I wasn't talking about realistic, sane posters but deluded Lowry fanboys that think he's some top NBA pg and a huge upgrade over wat the raps already had.
You still whining about this?

jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #102 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,617
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Lol um ... Anyone who takes more shots should be a better scorer.
You've got it backwards, they take more shots because they are better scorers.
Quote:
Better defender? How are you rating that? I think lin lit up Lowry for 31 and Conley for 29 so wow wat an upgrade.
Are you really dumb enough to suggest that Jose is not an infinitely worse defender than Lowry? I question why I'm even making this post if you are that blind.
Quote:
Rebounder? Lol if I need my 6' pg to rebound ... Pg is not my biggest problem.
Well it's pretty evident on this team that PG isn't the biggest problem. I guess Rondo's rebounding ability is useless too, right?
Quote:
Lol ... So u think that Lowry is a better shooter than caldron? Who led the league in 3GS fg% last year? Lowry? Who has the NBA record for consecutive ft? Lowry? And career jc is one of the 5 best assist/to ratio ever in the NBA.
Being a better shooter is not the same as being the better scorer. Ray Allen is probably the best shooter ever but I don't think anyone is foolish enough to suggest he's the best scorer ever. Lowry is a better scorer because he actually is capable of getting to the rim and doing something other than run under it and make a pass.
Quote:
Anyways I don't personally think there's too big a difference between any of them atm. My real question is would you trade a 1st rounder to get lin/jc when the raps already have Lowry?
To answer your question, no, because Lowry is better than both of them.

If your point is to say that we shouldn't have traded our pick last year for Lowry, then that is the only thing we agree on about Lowry clearly.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #103 (permalink)
sure KL is not a top 10 pg

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 72
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
You've got it backwards, they take more shots because they are better scorers.
Sorry I guess more selfish, black hole=better scorer then u are correct.
I meant jc was more efficient.

So I suppose lin and Conley would be hanging 50 on jc.
I could care less whether jc is better defensively,
my point is it doesn't make too much difference.
Like a rebounding pg. I could care less rondo rebounds.
That's not a primary responsibility of a pg.
I don't care if a car has floor mats but it's nice to have,
I'd be more worried the engine is missing.

Yes that was my point.
Bazinga is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #104 (permalink)
Ross will be..

Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: court
Posts: 160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Well I wasn't talking about realistic, sane posters but deluded Lowry fanboys that think he's some top NBA pg and a huge upgrade over wat the raps already had.
Why are you comparing Lowry to JC he is on a different team get over it. I could understand if he was one of the top pg's in the league but he isnt, be more concerned about him staying healthy to keep his starting job in Dallas. Also you just sound like a Jose fanboy...
BigMan93 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #105 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,617
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Sorry I guess more selfish, black hole=better scorer then u are correct.
I meant jc was more efficient.

So I suppose lin and Conley would be hanging 50 on jc.
I could care less whether jc is better defensively,
my point is it doesn't make too much difference.
Like a rebounding pg. I could care less rondo rebounds.
That's not a primary responsibility of a pg.
I don't care if a car has floor mats but it's nice to have,
I'd be more worried the engine is missing.

Yes that was my point.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:15 AM   #106 (permalink)
likes the consistency in the colangelo built raptors

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,427
Representing:
Default

one thing jose Calderon knew how to do that lowry will never figure out is how to utilize the bigs, get them easy shots, open shots, or getting them into the post the right way

jose to amir, amir would get 6 to 8 easy points a game, when was the last time you seen amir get a easy point

we need to tank not to draft wiggins because there are teams way worse than us but to maybe hope to get the 5th pick and get to draft smart to fix our offense because lowry always been a extremely good back up pg never the starting pg, just look at Jarrett jacks career that's lowry's future which is pretty good but not good if he is the starter
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #107 (permalink)
sure KL is not a top 10 pg

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 72
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
Lol ... Ur so rite KL is so much better defensively.
I guess jc used to let pgs hang way more than the 30/nite
Kyle "the glove" Lowry is "holding" them to.
Lucky he's a "scorer". bring back aa! He was a "scorer" too.
Lol@KL fanboys.
Bazinga is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #108 (permalink)
likes the consistency in the colangelo built raptors

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,427
Representing:
Default

this team won't be fun to watch until lowry, derozan, and gay are traded,

once there traded we will get to watch the development of Jonas and ross, with more plays for them, we all know if you cant win now then the second best option is watching young players develop

well lowry, derozan, and gay are developed they said it themselves they are what they are, so time to trade while we still can, and move on, we develop the two young players we have that have a higher ceilings then rudy, demar, and lowry, maybe in 4 or 5 years when they get to gay's age they'll be much more effective players
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #109 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 204
Representing:
Default

Raptors fans do love their mediocrity. Lowry is probably among the worst starting PGs in the league right now, and his value is decreasing by the game.
Nyall is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #110 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
one thing jose Calderon knew how to do that lowry will never figure out is how to utilize the bigs, get them easy shots, open shots, or getting them into the post the right way

jose to amir, amir would get 6 to 8 easy points a game, when was the last time you seen amir get a easy point

we need to tank not to draft wiggins because there are teams way worse than us but to maybe hope to get the 5th pick and get to draft smart to fix our offense because lowry always been a extremely good back up pg never the starting pg, just look at Jarrett jacks career that's lowry's future which is pretty good but not good if he is the starter
It's sad to think that all of those pick and roll highlights of JV in Europe and we never once see it run for him here. Both Amir and JV excel at it and yet never are we treated to it.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #111 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,741
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
It's sad to think that all of those pick and roll highlights of JV in Europe and we never once see it run for him here. Both Amir and JV excel at it and yet never are we treated to it.
Because our dip-shit coach runs a shitty offense with iso play calls for the two dumbest players on the team. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, well that is............. you can fill in the blank.

Lowry for sure could play better, but even if the peanut gallery could will pylon back on this team, if he was passing to dumb and dumber in Casey's system, he'd be no more successful than Lowry.

As long as we have Casey and dumb and dumber onthe team, we're going no place.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24