Raptors Pursuing Wilson Chandler - Page 2
Old 01-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Landing flight 31

Senior Member
 
0nekhmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brampton Ontario
Posts: 3,218
Representing:
Default

YES BC!! He was that underrated SF i've always wanted on the raps
0nekhmer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
awesome

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 710
Representing:
Default

Why get a SF when we have a top first rounder coming up in the next draft that is LOADED with SFs?

Barnes/Chandler/Kleiza/JJ? Who would we get rid of? Kleiza? JJ?

I don't really like the idea of JJ being 3rd string. He is really starting to show he can be a legit SF both on O and D.

-----------

Edit: HOLY FUCKING SHIT BATMAN!~


Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; 01-30-2012 at 02:03 PM.
RaptorsFan4Life is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
a big douche nozzle.

Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 28
Representing:
Default

Bad. Career 13.7 per and 11 PER outside of D'Antoni's system.

Master plan should be to go after Eric Gordon and dump everything for him, even a max contract. Only way we're getting anymore in the realm of 2nd round territory.
FireCasey is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
awesome

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 710
Representing:
Default

RaptorsFan4Life is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCasey View Post
Bad. Career 13.7 per and 11 PER outside of D'Antoni's system.

Master plan should be to go after Eric Gordon and dump everything for him, even a max contract. Only way we're getting anymore in the realm of 2nd round territory.
Eric Gordon wasn't good enough to be Clippers' second star and yet he's good enough to be our max player? Lots of guys on here love him, but he's not a max player.... he's undersized at the 2, has limited handles, but yeah he can score.... sound familiar? So he's a bit advanced, but he's no saviour.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,665
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
Hmm... Can one of WC fans please explain to me why he'd be an upgrade over Kleiza or JJ?
1. he's a very good with potential to be an elite defender under casey
2. he's capable of creating his own shot (Kleiza is a better shooter, but can't really create other than posting up some players)

basically he's as good as JJ on defense and better than both combined on offense ... definitely worth 9 million, I like him better than gallinari to be honest, and gallo got 11.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #27 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,150
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsFan4Life View Post
Why get a SF when we have a top first rounder coming up in the next draft that is LOADED with SFs?

Barnes/Chandler/Kleiza/JJ? Who would we get rid of? Kleiza? JJ?

I don't really like the idea of JJ being 3rd string. He is really starting to show he can be a legit SF both on O and D.
I would rather have MKG than Barnes.

But as to your question, we don't know which college prospects will declare for the draft and we don't know what the team's draft position will be. As such, the team may not be in a position to land one of the big SFs coming out.

And for a team devoid of talent, the club needs to explore every opportunity that will upgrade the team. Chandler's ability to play three positions makes him a valuable player.
Northern Neighbour is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
a big douche nozzle.

Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 28
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Eric Gordon wasn't good enough to be Clippers' second star and yet he's good enough to be our max player? Lots of guys on here love him, but he's not a max player.... he's undersized at the 2, has limited handles, but yeah he can score.... sound familiar? So he's a bit advanced, but he's no saviour.
We are going to end up overpaying no matter what we do - we're the Raptors. I'd much rather overpay for a fringe All-Star player who's 23 and has the capability to become an All-Star alongside Bargnani, instead of overpaying a fringe starter.

As I remember, Eric has good handles (he uses a variety of penetration/hesitation moves to beat his man/shake them off their feet for a jumper) and has scored 22 ppg. He is also a good playmaker, which is something I adore for a 2 guard to have.

Something like Bayless/Gordon/MKG/Bargnani/Okafor

With Valanciunas/Weems/James Johnson as backups looks like a 2nd round team to me.
FireCasey is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,665
Representing:
Default

gordon has too much injury risk, he's undersized and thus he's more exposed to injuries. Some people get injuries because of freakish bad luck and some get injured because of more systemic issues.

and carp is right, max is too much, and he will get max. If gay got it, gordon will too. Plus I think he's restricted, NO will match anything so it's irrelevant. NO can't afford to lose him, that would mean they gave cp3 away.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
awesome

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 710
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
I would rather have MKG than Barnes.

But as to your question, we don't know which college prospects will declare for the draft and we don't know what the team's draft position will be. As such, the team may not be in a position to land one of the big SFs coming out.

And for a team devoid of talent, the club needs to explore every opportunity that will upgrade the team. Chandler's ability to play three positions makes him a valuable player.
IDK. I think Kleiza is doing a great job at 3 and JJ is improving his offence (even if he doesn't take many shots). I don't think we should be throwing money at a SF when we will more than likely get one in the draft. I wish BC would throw money at someone like Dragic or try to trade for a PG. Bayless is definitely not the future and Jose is getting old.

SF in draft: MKG, Barnes, Terrance Jones, Quincy Miller, Fournier and Adonis Thomas are SFs projected to go in the first round. We can draft one even if we slip in the draft...

Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; 01-30-2012 at 02:29 PM.
RaptorsFan4Life is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #31 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,518
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCasey View Post
We are going to end up overpaying no matter what we do - we're the Raptors. I'd much rather overpay for a fringe All-Star player who's 23 and has the capability to become an All-Star alongside Bargnani, instead of overpaying a fringe starter.

As I remember, Eric has good handles (he uses a variety of penetration/hesitation moves to beat his man/shake them off their feet for a jumper) and has scored 22 ppg. He is also a good playmaker, which is something I adore for a 2 guard to have.

Something like Bayless/Gordon/MKG/Bargnani/Okafor

With Valanciunas/Weems/James Johnson as backups looks like a 2nd round team to me.
He's also 6'3''. How do you expect him to guard the Wade's and Kobe's of league?
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #32 (permalink)
a big douche nozzle.

Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 28
Representing:
Default

I'd advocate trading Okafor/Gordon for DeRozan/Davis + 2nd round pick. He becomes our restricted free agents and is ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
He's also 6'3''. How do you expect him to guard the Wade's and Kobe's of league?
That's why you draft MKG to be our lockdown defender and groom him as such to defend the Wade's and such of the league.
FireCasey is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #33 (permalink)
chillin like a gremlin

Senior Member
 
bigmandinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 749
Representing:
Default

I say its better to sign a proven player like Chandler than to see where the draft takes us.
Plus, Brad Beal (freshman in this years coming draft) looks like an Eric Gordon type player, with the potential to be even better, so I've got my eyes on him.
bigmandinky is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #34 (permalink)
awesome

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 710
Representing:
Default

Wow, Kabongo is 28th overall now on DraftExpress. I wonder if he'll just decide to stay another year if this keeps up.
RaptorsFan4Life is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #35 (permalink)
a big douche nozzle.

Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 28
Representing:
Default

Eric's 6'3 height is irrelevant. He has a 6'9 wingspan - same as DeRozan, and a 40" max vert, 1.5" more than DeRozan's. He'd be fine as well.
FireCasey is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #36 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,518
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCasey View Post
I'd advocate trading Okafor/Gordon for DeRozan/Davis + 2nd round pick. He becomes our restricted free agents and is ours.



That's why you draft MKG to be our lockdown defender and groom him as such to defend the Wade's and such of the league.
So MKG is going to defend both Wade AND Lebron? Kobe AND Artest? Granger AND George? Gordon is a good player on offense, but it's tough to win when you have to hide your shooting guard on defense.

I'd rather stick with DeRozan and see what he can do.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #37 (permalink)
a big douche nozzle.

Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 28
Representing:
Default

Wade and LeBron I can understand. That team is stacked and there really isn't any feasible way ANY team can lock them both down - you choose from who's been hot recently and pray the other guy doesn't explode.

Artest and George are non factors on offense compared to the other two, not sure why you mentioned them. I respect your opinion, and like DeRozan, but I really like Gordon and think he'd flourish here as the possible #1 option or 1b/1a with Bargnani, and his defense undoubtedly improve with Casey as Barbosa's did as well (he wasn't known as playing defense).
FireCasey is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #38 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
So MKG is going to defend both Wade AND Lebron? Kobe AND Artest? Granger AND George? Gordon is a good player on offense, but it's tough to win when you have to hide your shooting guard on defense.

I'd rather stick with DeRozan and see what he can do.
Plus one... at least DD has a frame that projects to be big enough to guard NBA SG's. Chasing undersized players is a surefire way to stay mediocre.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #39 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,150
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsFan4Life View Post
IDK. I think Kleiza is doing a great job at 3 and JJ is improving his offence (even if he doesn't take many shots). I don't think we should be throwing money at a SF when we will more than likely get one in the draft. I wish BC would throw money at someone like Dragic or try to trade for a PG. Bayless is definitely not the future and Jose is getting old.

SF in draft: MKG, Barnes, Terrance Jones, Quincy Miller, Fournier and Adonis Thomas are SFs projected to go in the first round. We can draft one even if we slip in the draft...
I would be surprised if all of them declared for the draft given the potential depth. Some will stay an extra year so that they could be a guaranteed top-10 pick.

Also, with the lottery system, who knows when the Raps will draft.

Chandler can play the 2, 3, and 4 spots. As such, he wouldn't be taking minutes away from Kleiza (who is actually playing a lot more minutes at PF, especially with AB's injury) or Johnson (who is also playing some PF minutes). Chandler actually could end up being DeRozan's backup and his addition may allow BC to deal Barbosa.
Northern Neighbour is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #40 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,518
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCasey View Post
Wade and LeBron I can understand. That team is stacked and there really isn't any feasible way ANY team can lock them both down - you choose from who's been hot recently and pray the other guy doesn't explode.

Artest and George are non factors on offense compared to the other two, not sure why you mentioned them. I respect your opinion, and like DeRozan, but I really like Gordon and think he'd flourish here as the possible #1 option or 1b/1a with Bargnani, and his defense undoubtedly improve with Casey as Barbosa's did as well (he wasn't known as playing defense).
I included George and Artest because they both tower over Gordon and would abuse him in any sort of post-up situation. His defense may improve under Casey, but you can't teach size.

Tweener's have never really been successful in the league, with the exception of Iverson and Terry maybe. Don't get me wrong, the kid can definitely play. But I just don't see him becoming a number 1 option for any winning team, or even a 1A/1B option. I see him as perhaps a 2nd option on a good team, but more realistically a number 3 option.

But that's just me.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24