Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   And Raptors Fans Want Marion Here? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/raptors-fans-want-marion-here-5598.html)

Dr. J. Naismith 01-09-2009 10:36 AM

And Raptors Fans Want Marion Here?
 
Hmmm .... is this guy all about himself or what? :confused2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Shawn Marion hasn't been himself since arriving in Miami via Phoenix, and is still waiting for his role in the team's offense to expand.

"I've been sitting back, trying to sit there and wait for it to come to me, and it's not been coming," Marion said. "I'm just trying to make myself that much more available for my teammates to find me."

Marion realizes that a slightly different style is played in the Eastern Conference, but simply wants more shots.

"I think it's just a matter of getting shots," Marion said. "You can't score without shooting. Getting five shots ... what the hell's that going to do? But, at the same time, it's a matter if I'm involved."

Source - Click here

StresS 01-09-2009 10:40 AM

its better than moon or graham.
but i dont see him coming here for JO.

takman_777 01-09-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Shawn Marion hasn't been himself since arriving in Miami via Phoenix, and is still waiting for his role in the team's offense to expand
.
he hasn't been himself?? what a twit... he has NO STEVE NASH TO LOB HIM MARSHMALLOWS all game long.. that is 80% of his game. he would do well here with a true PG Like Jose finding him in transition...http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/ph...0523_lower.jpg

StresS 01-09-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takman_777 (Post 114055)
he hasn't been himself?? what a twit... he has NO STEVE NASH TO LOB HIM MARSHMALLOWS all game long.. that is 80% of his game. he would do well here with a true PG Like Jose finding him in transition...[IMG]http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/FLJB106010523_lower.jpg[/IMG]

please tell me that was a joke.

Ugo Ferst 01-09-2009 10:52 AM

lol for real, Jose cant find you easy looks like Captain Canada does. You gotta make your own easy look then he will find you. When he isnt hogging the damn ball.

James Ballswin (Realizar) 01-09-2009 10:54 AM

How many easy looks does Jose get anyone in transition?

LOL We don't even have a damn transition!!!

insight_tor 01-09-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takman_777 (Post 114055)
he hasn't been himself?? what a twit... he has NO STEVE NASH TO LOB HIM MARSHMALLOWS all game long.. that is 80% of his game. he would do well here with a true PG Like Jose finding him in transition...http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/ph...0523_lower.jpg

This is extremely funny ... Are you talking about your PS3 game or the real game? Jose rarely finds people in transition for easy baskets. :confused2:

takman_777 01-09-2009 11:13 AM

what i am saying, is that right now, we have no real transition threat night in and night out, marion succeeded very much at finishing in transition, most of the time we have bosh, JO and jk or maybe ap running the break and i would pull up too if those were my options.. moon has been great on his own steals, but doesn't seem to have a sense of what to do in a man up situation... marion does, that is all i was saying.. when we do push the tempo, it is usually with the second unit, if marion were to take the sf position, our tempo on the front line would improve a whole lot...

$-centz 01-09-2009 11:19 AM

IF he plays like a winner, then he deserves to be treated like a winner...

"Here Stawn *whistle* come here boy... Who's a good boy... You Are! Yes You Are!" :yeah:

Snooch 01-09-2009 11:21 AM

YOu are right Takman

People blame Jose for pulling up in transistion, but those people just dont have a clue.

Jose could run and push the ball non stop and throw alleyoops all game long to a breaking AP and Kapono, oh yeah, neither of them can finish on the break other than mabey spotting up at the three.

Then I guess he could push it ahead to Moon and Joey, oh yeah, Joey doesnt run the wing, just straight up the middle beside Bosh and Moon only sometimes gets open on the break.


You cant have a great transistion PG without at least decent transistion players.

StresS 01-09-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takman_777 (Post 114075)
what i am saying, is that right now, we have no real transition threat night in and night out, marion succeeded very much at finishing in transition, most of the time we have bosh, JO and jk or maybe ap running the break and i would pull up too if those were my options.. moon has been great on his own steals, but doesn't seem to have a sense of what to do in a man up situation... marion does, that is all i was saying.. when we do push the tempo, it is usually with the second unit, if marion were to take the sf position, our tempo on the front line would improve a whole lot...

thats not true.
bosh, moon, graham, bargnani, oneal, and sometimes parker have all been running the floor ahead of calderon and rarely receive the ball.

game tape never lies.

gdaytday 01-09-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StresS (Post 114082)
thats not true.
bosh, moon, graham, bargnani, oneal, and sometimes parker have all been running the floor ahead of calderon and rarely receive the ball.

game tape never lies.

I hope you're using the term "running" lightly. At best those guys jog up the sidelines and start slowing down once the hit centre. The definitely aren't looking to have the ball pushed their way.

Snooch 01-09-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StresS (Post 114082)
thats not true.
bosh, moon, graham, bargnani, oneal, and sometimes parker have all been running the floor ahead of calderon and rarely receive the ball.

game tape never lies.

that is so full of shit its not even funny.

Bargs and JO are always trailers on the play, 70% of the time Bosh is as well.

Parker, Moon and Joey are the leaders on the break sometimes but like I said in my previous post Joey runs straight down the middle into the defense, Parker goes only to the corner for a three and Moon usually does a wide arc from the wing towards the backdoor. Of this whole team in transistion, only Moon does te right thing but the defense easily compensated for that and plays between him and the bucket, daring Jose to pass.

Ugo Ferst 01-09-2009 11:30 AM

Would you keep running 20+ games into the year, when you know Calde will never, ever push it to you? Or you enjoying wasting energy to watch Jose run a bit, then dribble the ball for 10 seconds shoulder high?

takman_777 01-09-2009 11:34 AM

well spotted bruce!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snooch (Post 114081)
YOu are right Takman

People blame Jose for pulling up in transistion, but those people just dont have a clue.

Jose could run and push the ball non stop and throw alleyoops all game long to a breaking AP and Kapono, oh yeah, neither of them can finish on the break other than mabey spotting up at the three.

Then I guess he could push it ahead to Moon and Joey, oh yeah, Joey doesnt run the wing, just straight up the middle beside Bosh and Moon only sometimes gets open on the break.


You cant have a great transistion PG without at least decent transistion players.

:yeah::yeah::yeah:

that is exactly my point, we have no transition game since we have no transition players, imagine hump bargs or jake running the floor? ugh not enough guys on the bench for that, CB4 has one speed, not sure what it is yet but it looks like a cantor, and JO can't run as fast as my mom, JK looks old and... well you get the picture

only 34 more post til i get my emblem :D

thomas1 01-09-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insight_tor (Post 114072)
This is extremely funny ... Are you talking about your PS3 game or the real game? Jose rarely finds people in transition for easy baskets. :confused2:

True but this is not a knock on Jose this is more to do with our players not being able to finish on the fast break. Probably the best finisher on the fast bnreak among all wings is Joey and that is pathetic to be honest.

StresS 01-09-2009 11:41 AM

jose cant even make alley-oop passes consistantly. he's thrown away the ball doing that around 10 times already this year. thats probably why he doesnt try it that often.

guys run the floor all the time with their arms raised calling for the ball.
and what ugo is saying is true. they look fed up with not getting the ball.

its not even jose who passes the ball inside. more times its someone else on the team.

Snooch 01-09-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StresS (Post 114108)
jose cant even make alley-oop passes consistantly. he's thrown away the ball doing that around 10 times already this year. thats probably why he doesnt try it that often.

guys run the floor all the time with their arms raised calling for the ball.
and what ugo is saying is true. they look fed up with not getting the ball.

its not even jose who passes the ball inside. more times its someone else on the team.

Are you watching the same Raptors games that I am?:confused2:

Again, only Moon runs the floor properly in transistion, but the other team compensates for that.

In regard to players not wanting to run because they dont get the ball then they should fucking quit, that just idiotic.

Honestly guys, fuck, would you rather Jose just throw the ball into traffic in the hopes that Joey catches it, or try to throw the backdoor lob to Moon that is without a doubt going to end up being caught by the defender.

Or mabey in transistion Jose can turn around once he hits center court and pass it back to Bosh, Bargs, JO or Kaps.

If he attempted to do what you guys think can happen, you would be calling for his head because of all the turnovers

takman_777 01-09-2009 11:53 AM

exactly!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas1 (Post 114107)
True but this is not a knock on Jose this is more to do with our players not being able to finish on the fast break. Probably the best finisher on the fast bnreak among all wings is Joey and that is pathetic to be honest.

well stated! and welcome to the forum:yeah::yeah:

Claudius 01-09-2009 11:55 AM

Honestly, the knocks on Jose right now are hilarious. Simply hilarious.

Every PG in the league misses guys on alley oops. I've seen Deron miss them to Kirilenko numerous times. It happens and if we were examining every PG in the game we'd see the same flaws. No one is perfect.

The problem as has been reiterated is our wing play is not good enough. Plain and simple. Jamario and Joey are below avg. to avg. players at best. They're not good transition players as well. Alot of you guys are saying its the PG who needs to run a transition game. How can this happen when the guys you're going to pass to are terrible? Look at the best teams in the league, those who push the ball and the one thing you'll notice is their wing guys are freakishly athletic and are guys who can also hit a pull up jumper or make the smart pass when they're cut off. Who on our team can do this? Jamario? Joey? No.

Jose runs the offense through our bigs and when our bigs are running in transition we look a lot better. When our bigs are slow or are behind the play we look terrible.

Alot of this criticism is hilarious.

Jose's biggest weakness is his defense. His lateral quickness is severely lacking and that's something he HAS to work on in the offseason. The rest? He's fine.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24