Raptors Are Expected To Give Maurizio Gherardini A New Contract

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > Toronto Raptors

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
hates pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,728
Representing:
Default Raptors Are Expected To Give Maurizio Gherardini A New Contract

"According to Italian newspaper La Tribuna of Treviso, Maurizio Gherardini expects to be re-upped by the Raptors.

His contract is slated to expire on Thursday night but apparently, negotiations are in progress.

Gherardini joined the Raptors in June of 2006, becoming the first European to hold a senior management position in the NBA."

Raptors are expected to give Maurizio Gherar - 06-29-2011
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
fresh n' spicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: mississauga
Posts: 996
Representing:
Default

noooooo now well turn into a euroleague team
fresh n' spicy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,073
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh n' spicy View Post
noooooo now well turn into a euroleague team
sarcasm? i sure hope so...

VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,816
Representing:
Default

If Gherardhini is here, Bargnani will be here. A step in the wrong direction. If these 2 are still here in 2 years, its time to let BC go.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
If Gherardhini is here, Bargnani will be here. A step in the wrong direction.

I said that a couple weeks ago and some said i was nuts. lol
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,552
Representing:
Default

Apparently Maurizio is the reason why the Jonas buyout didn't take very long to complete. Dude deserves some credit for that I guess.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Apparently Maurizio is the reason why the Jonas buyout didn't take very long to complete. Dude deserves some credit for that I guess.
Where did you hear that one?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
awesome

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 706
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I said that a couple weeks ago and some said i was nuts. lol
It is nuts. Gheradini has no veto power. BC has stated multiple times after the season that no on is untradeable and repeatedly called him a "asset". If Bargs says it has nothing to do with Gheradini and more to do with BC. I think BC is going to give Bargs another shot under Casey anyways so IMO Gheradini re-signing has nothing to do with anything.
RaptorsFan4Life is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,552
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Where did you hear that one?
Quote:
Say this about the Raptors. If there is a team in the NBA equipped to deal with convoluted European buyouts, Toronto is at or near the top of that list.

In addition to Colangelo’s extensive history with European basketball, the Raptors ace in the hole might just be Maurizio Gherardini. Gherardini, the Raptors senior vice-president of basketball operations, is considered one of the brightest minds and administrators in the history of European basketball having built Benetton Treviso into a European power before jumping to the NBA.
Raptors will be patient with Valanciunas | Basketball | Sports | Toronto Sun

Believe it or not jeff, Maurizio is a very well respected figure in the European basketball community.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsFan4Life View Post
It is nuts. Gheradini has no veto power. BC has stated multiple times after the season that no on is untradeable and repeatedly called him a "asset". If Bargs says it has nothing to do with Gheradini and more to do with BC. I think BC is going to give Bargs another shot under Casey anyways so IMO Gheradini re-signing has nothing to do with anything.


Colangelo has also always said that he does everything through consensus by getting everyone input, and since he's the assistant GM i would say his voice is fairly strong.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Believe it or not jeff, Maurizio is a very well respected figure in the European basketball community.
I never said i didn't believe that did i?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
awesome

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 706
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Colangelo has also always said that he does everything through consensus by getting everyone input, and since he's the assistant GM i would say his voice is fairly strong.
Yes but he's not going to not do a trade if it's good for the future of this franchise just because Gheradini wants to keep Bargs. So it certainly not a given that as long as Gheradini is here that Bargs will be here.
RaptorsFan4Life is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsFan4Life View Post
Yes but he's not going to not do a trade if it's good for the future of this franchise just because Gheradini wants to keep Bargs. So it certainly not a given that as long as Gheradini is here that Bargs will be here.

It doesn't help.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,128
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
If Gherardhini is here, Bargnani will be here. A step in the wrong direction. If these 2 are still here in 2 years, its time to let BC go.
It was already time to let BC go last month.....
Tommy C is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
hates pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,728
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
If Gherardhini is here, Bargnani will be here. A step in the wrong direction. If these 2 are still here in 2 years, its time to let BC go.
Of course they both will be here...did you really think they wouldn't be? BC wanted/hired MG and BC coveted/wanted Bargs long before he was drafted. BC will make every effort to make this work. I expect (and was stated by Casey) we'll see Bargs this year as the starting PF and I expect to see Bargs here in 2012 when Jonas comes over.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,816
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
Of course they both will be here...did you really think they wouldn't be? BC wanted/hired MG and BC coveted/wanted Bargs long before he was drafted. BC will make every effort to make this work. I expect (and was stated by Casey) we'll see Bargs this year as the starting PF and I expect to see Bargs here in 2012 when Jonas comes over.
Like I said, if Bargnani is still here in 2012, BC will be out of the job. Where do you see Ed Davis in the future. If the coach does implement his philosphy of defensive accountability, Ed Davis and Amir Johnson will get all the minutes. The difference with Dirk and Bargnani, Dirk is a competitor and will play hard to win. From the last five years with Bargnani, I've seen a guy who wants to play offense and give no effort or hustle to play defense and rebound.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
horny for justice

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3
Representing:
Default

thats not really a good thing.... Andrea will continue to be our Franchise player then and in that case this team wont be a playoff team for a long time.... until he can show he can atually play like a centre hes more of a hinderance....
FireColangelo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:42 AM   #18 (permalink)
a Raps fan

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,610
Representing:
Default

Quote:
thats not really a good thing.... Andrea will continue to be our Franchise player then and in that case this team wont be a playoff team for a long time.... until he can show he can atually play like a centre hes more of a hinderance....
correction, he is not our franchise player... he wasn't the one taking the pictures with DC and BC
creative1mm is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
horny for justice

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative1mm View Post
correction, he is not our franchise player... he wasn't the one taking the pictures with DC and BC
lol true.....
FireColangelo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

6 Man Like Lou Will
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,629
Representing:
Default

It's now official.

Quote:
The Toronto Raptors are bringing back assistant general manager Maurizio Gherardini for at least another season.

The team issued a short statement on Thursday saying Gherardini, who also acts as the club's vice president, has had his contract extended to next season.

The statement also said Jim Kelly, the team's senior director of scouting, had his contract extended for another year.
Raptors bring back assistant GM Gherardini and head scout
js12 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24