Raptors on the espn player rankings - Page 4
Old 09-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #61 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,061
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
weak sauce. Who cares where he was drafted. He's proven he wasn't wanted in Houston after sulking. When Bargnani gets traded for Gary Forbes we'll have our answer.
Now THAT is weak sauce.

Who cares that they were in the same draft class then? And he asked to be traded. And he wasn't traded for Gary Forbes alone not that any of that matters. Lowry is a better two way player. We're splitting hairs here because they're both probably in the 60-80 range. And until this year most here wanted Bargnani gone, he's been unbelievably inconsistent. Bargnani as the #1 overall pick should be far better than Lowry but that really isn't the case. He was around 80th last year if i'm not mistaken and just had an injury plagued season, shooting a career low 29 3PT%. He certainly shouldn't sky rocket up the list imo.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #62 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,799
Representing:
Default

I think at least one of them will crack top 50, Lowry before Bargnani.

Gary Forbes was filler, it was the pick that was of value in that trade. Who's to say he wasn't wanted? Lowry was the one who wanted out. Look at the mess Houston's in now.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #63 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,669
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Now THAT is weak sauce.

Who cares that they were in the same draft class then? And he asked to be traded. And he wasn't traded for Gary Forbes alone not that any of that matters. Lowry is a better two way player. We're splitting hairs here because they're both probably in the 60-80 range. And until this year most here wanted Bargnani gone, he's been unbelievably inconsistent. Bargnani as the #1 overall pick should be far better than Lowry but that really isn't the case. He was around 80th last year if i'm not mistaken and just had an injury plagued season, shooting a career low 29 3PT%. He certainly shouldn't sky rocket up the list imo.
i think he was in the low 60s actually, something like 64 or 62
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:08 AM   #64 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,061
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
i think he was in the low 60s actually, something like 64 or 62
#81

NBA Player Rankings 81-90 - ESPN
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #65 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,240
Representing:
Default

Edit - Nevermind, Jeff found it

and Lowry was ranked 66th.
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #66 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,061
Representing:
Default

Bargnani ranked #58

2012 NBA Player Rankings 51-60 - ESPN
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #67 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
now admit you were wrong when you said 60-80 range!



carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #68 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,061
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
now admit you were wrong when you said 60-80 range!




Haahh, i was wrong twice. Both are ranked higher than 60. lol


Although i'm shocked Bargnani went up from 81 to 58 based on last season which he missed half the games and shot a career low 29 3PT%. A very good 13 games gets you this? lol

Last edited by jeffb; 09-17-2012 at 01:51 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #69 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,669
Representing:
Default

I think he was penalized for his lack of interest last season, he's clearly not the 80th player in the league, even when accounting for his past defensive performances. Those 13 games were crucial because they showed a guy who actually cares. And I bet a large majority of the voters would agree that a Bargnani who cares, rebounds and defends is a top 25 player if not better.

If he plays an entire season like he did in those 13 games, I bet he'll rank in the low 30s next year, especially if our team does well.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #70 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,061
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
I think he was penalized for his lack of interest last season, he's clearly not the 80th player in the league, even when accounting for his past defensive performances. Those 13 games were crucial because they showed a guy who actually cares. And I bet a large majority of the voters would agree that a Bargnani who cares, rebounds and defends is a top 25 player if not better.

If he plays an entire season like he did in those 13 games, I bet he'll rank in the low 30s next year, especially if our team does well.
Rebounding alone would get him into the 30's, absolutely. A PF that can get you 20-22ppg/8rpg is regarded in the NBA as a star.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #71 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Haahh, i was wrong twice. Both are ranked higher than 60. lol


Although i'm shocked Bargnani went up from 81 to 58 based on last season which he missed half the games and shot a career low 29 3PT%. A very good 13 games gets you this? lol
Don't worry Jeff, one day you will awaken and be privy to real basketball perspective... all will be clear at that time!

lol

13 games... you guys love to say that!
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #72 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Haahh, i was wrong twice. Both are ranked higher than 60. lol


Although i'm shocked Bargnani went up from 81 to 58 based on last season which he missed half the games and shot a career low 29 3PT%. A very good 13 games gets you this? lol
Bargnani had like 7-8 bad games last year.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #73 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,061
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Bargnani had like 7-8 bad games last year.

Ha, really? Imo it was a mixed bag beyond those 13 games. Most of which was due to injury but he had more than 7-8 bad games imo. That being said I was encouraged by the way he started the season. I just hope he can stay healthy. Two seasons in a row with calf problems makes me a little worried.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #74 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,061
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

13 games... you guys love to say that!
Because it's true. Season started December 26th, by mid January most here were saying he was an all-star. Considering his checkered history with consistency you would think people would still remain cautious. Guess not.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #75 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Because it's true. Season started December 26th, by mid January most here were saying he was an all-star. Considering his checkered history with consistency you would think people would still remain cautious. Guess not.
Have Faith Bro, Bargnani is going to come out blazing this year.

If not for those stupid backtobacktoback games, he might have not been on the sidelines as much.

Really shitty schedule last year.
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #76 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Because it's true. Season started December 26th, by mid January most here were saying he was an all-star. Considering his checkered history with consistency you would think people would still remain cautious. Guess not.
You're wrong, you just choose to ignore that. Regardless, keep harping on it. The guy keeps working on getting better and it shows. Maybe he's not the player you scouted him to be but he's still getting better. Must just be your advanced scouting metrics are off and you're jaded about it!



You're as jaded as a Leafs fan!
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #77 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
Representing:
Default

btw Lowry's #51. That's a 15 spot jump from last year.
raptorshane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #78 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,061
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargn88 View Post
Have Faith Bro, Bargnani is going to come out blazing this year.

If not for those stupid backtobacktoback games, he might have not been on the sidelines as much.

Really shitty schedule last year.

I've heard that before, hope you're right but I've seen this guy play for 6 seasons now and he's looked great before and ended up being nothing but a tease. Man I really hope he stays healthy and plays for a full season the way he started last season, but I'm reluctant to go all in back on the Bargnani bandwagon. I'll just wait and see.

Last edited by jeffb; 09-17-2012 at 07:05 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #79 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,672
Representing:
Default

so none of our players make the top 50
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #80 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,061
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxman View Post
so none of our players make the top 50
51, 58 not good enough for you? Last season the best rated player we had was 81, progress has been achieved.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24