Raptor's Draft Ranking of Players - Page 7
Old 04-16-2011, 01:29 AM   #121 (permalink)
threat inside

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 593
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Easy to say that now, but if you were old enough then to remember now......it wasn't exactly that simple. And rightfully so, many teams passed on Roy due to his questionable knees.
What about Rudy Gay?
moujik is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:22 AM   #122 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,559
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moujik View Post
What about Rudy Gay?
Him I'd of loved, but again you have to think of back during draft day, it went the way it was expected to go for the most part.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #123 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,851
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
Him I'd of loved, but again you have to think of back during draft day, it went the way it was expected to go for the most part.
Exactly.

If you go back to draft day almost everybody was saying Bargnani to Toronto and a lot of Raptors fan wanted that pick also. I liked Aldridge from Texas but that was mostly cause I never saw Bargnani play so really had no opinion on him. But like you said draft day went as expected.
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #124 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,218
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN View Post
Exactly.

If you go back to draft day almost everybody was saying Bargnani to Toronto and a lot of Raptors fan wanted that pick also. I liked Aldridge from Texas but that was mostly cause I never saw Bargnani play so really had no opinion on him. But like you said draft day went as expected.
aldridge was basically Bosh too
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #125 (permalink)
some creepy guy

Senior Member
 
MARTYNAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: far far away
Posts: 1,445
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors_ View Post
When did kanter say he wants to be like andrea bargnani? show me where you got this load of BS from. Kanter is projected top 3 pick, this guy is a beast in the paint and will be a great defensive presence in the paint for us that we deperatly need.
Sorry, you Failed. You think you know Enes? Or you know Euros better than me? Donatas, Vesely, Jonas, Bojan... I am not a liar and my words is no BS...

He saying this his all career... He was playing in the paint as a junior, because he was much stronger than other kids. He is solid post scorer, but his dream is to be a jump shooter.
Calipari, Derryck "Tank" Thornton, same Enes said it hundred times. Thornton used him as a wing... Enes said he always wanted to be an SF...
And on his latest interview he said he imagines himself as Andrea Bargnani type of player... Now I need to search it? To prove the obvious? Yeah, Enes can do it all, but he wants to be Bargs v.2... Sorry I destroyed your dream world.
Furthermore, look at his physical health. Being 17, he suffered serious knee and back injuries. This kid can't stay healthy.



Quote:
Q: Do you believe that you can play as a forward?
A: I never wanted to be a center. I love playing as a Small Forward. And I believe that I can do it if I work hard. Calipari believes that too and he promised me (Enes Kanter) (''Turkish NBA'' magazine, amateur translation, 2010).
MARTYNAS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #126 (permalink)
dollar dollar bills yall

Member
 
JayJayW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 417
Representing:
Default

Please for god sakes, no more soft Europeans on this team please, Raptors will become softer then the Italian football league.
JayJayW is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #127 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,119
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
Looking at Jimmer with a 6-10 pick is just borderline stupid.
Borderline stupid, Kind of like him being the unanimous NCAA basketball player of the year? or some of the most respected mock drafts having him in the top ten? There must be a lot of borderline stupid people making important decisions then eh fk24?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Why is Fredette even being discussed? We're not going to drop that far.
So what happens if we drop to 6th pick, or we trade down and the board looks like this?

1.Irving
2.Williams
3.Barnes
4.Walker
5.Knight
6. Toronto

There is are many options, but Jimmer if definitely a considerable option at the spot, I see no reason why it should not be discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
thats only one part of the argument. the other part is that he won't be a good pro. i'll actually go on record and say he'll just play out his rookie contract.
That's based on a lot of fiction, though I prefer to evolve my argument around fact I will debate your fictitious claims of Jimmer. I am annoyed by the certainty with which people are willing to declare him at bust, at this point. I am going to play devils advocate. It's the rational thing to do at this point in the year.

Firstly, Jimmer was the Unanimous player of the year, I'll just name a few people who have received this honor in the past..Kevin Durant, Blake Griffen, Tim Duncan, Antwan Jamison, Michael Jordan and Larry Bird. It's rare prestige for someone to get all six awards and one season. It's funny how many time I asked you if you have seen him play before and all you replied was with -

Quote:
doesn't what the scouts say have more legitimacy and credibility than what you or I have to say? as that is there job and they watch more games when you or I do and know what to look for?
and my personal favorite -

Quote:
wait and see.....just wait and see....
You have some VERY reliable sources. A couple of draft sites and an article later and you now know more about Jimmer then all the people who picked him for player of the year and the scouts who have been watching him all year. Sound kind familiar right? I am just using your argument against you. Your only argument dude.



Quote:
so aside from everything that i've said, all i can really say now is just wait and see cuz i'm basically making a prediction. what else do u want me to say?
Perhaps don't be so quick to jump the gun before you see a player. I hate stereotype preconceived of players based on similar players. If that were the case Joey Dorsey should be playing like freaking Dwight Howard.


Quote:
you'll stick to ur guns in that jimmer is great offensively and not horrible on defense so therefore still making him serviceable in the NBA. and any team could use a guy like him.
and i'll stick to my views in that he'll go from great offensively in college to good at most in the pros because of his lack of speed, height, and athleticism. and becuase of his disinterest in defense, won't stick around in the NBA in what was only gonna be a career back-up if all things go right.
so.....i guess we'll wait and see
I'll just whip out some stats

28.9 PPG 4.3 APG 1.3 SPG while shooting great percentages. He led the nation in scoring. I can almost guarantee you he could still be a prolific scorer in this league is that is the role he was asked to fill, though I think he will be asked to play a more assertive PG role in the league. Kevin Durant, the leading scorer in the NBA even said that Jimmer was the Greatest scorer in the world!! The kid already has respect and he's not even in the league. You cannot make claims without knowledge, because you just feel silly.

Yeah, and I'll be the first to agree his defense is average, but it's not like he is being drafted to me a top defender in the league. Everyone defense needs improvement, I think you use his defense as to much of a backbone of you argument considering I doubt you have really seen him play. He won't hinder a team on defense, but he won't make them miraculously better. It comes down to calculated decision making.

If you have an argument based on something more then fiction on why Jimmer should not be a 5-10 pick I would be more then happy to consider the thought, but for not I am not convinced.

Last edited by DuCa00795; 04-16-2011 at 09:13 PM.
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:19 PM   #128 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Putting up big stats in the NCAA doesn't mean anything. Adam Morrison ut up big numbers and where is he now? I'm sorry a 6'2 shoot first point guard who has leaky ball handling and doesn't know how to pass the ball isn't worth a 5-10 pick. Comparing Jimmer Fredette to Steve Nash and Stephen Curry is ridiculous. Theres a lot of guys I would take over him in this draft.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:09 PM   #129 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,119
Representing:
Default

Your comparing him to Adam Morrison? I bet you have never seen him play before. Your one of those people who just love to hate. And I don't understand all this "leaky ball handling talk" watch him a game or two, he is an above average ball handler. Also, as mentioned before the reason his assists weren't that high (but 4.2 isn't at all bad) is because he was the primary scorer, and his team wasn't the greatest. His role would change in the NBA and that number would go up.
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:25 PM   #130 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
Your comparing him to Adam Morrison? I bet you have never seen him play before. Your one of those people who just love to hate. And I don't understand all this "leaky ball handling talk" watch him a game or two, he is an above average ball handler. Also, as mentioned before the reason his assists weren't that high (but 4.2 isn't at all bad) is because he was the primary scorer, and his team wasn't the greatest. His role would change in the NBA and that number would go up.
His ball handling is leaky. How many times have you seen him use it to drive to the basket. And a pg that can't drive to the basket worries me. Passing is not only about assist numbers which his are low btw. It's also about creativity which nash and curry are good at. Passing to the guy beside you doesn't make you a good point guard.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #131 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,119
Representing:
Default

He probably scorer 1/4 of the time. He is very creative in the paint, which helps him out a lot. For the 100th time his ball handling is not leaky. Watch a youtube video or a game or something, knowledge yourself before you come on here talking out of your ass. Think about how much space he would create if Demar wanted to drive, or if Ed was working post. You can't leave this guy open anywhere on the court. He also has a great transition game. I think he will be fine in the league.
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #132 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,119
Representing:
Default

On a side note, how do you guys feel about Alec Burks from Colorado, I seen a couple of his games and I think with a season or two under his belt he could be something special. I'd consider making him a part of the future, especially since he plays some PG and SG. I think he would be the most versatile player and has some of the most potential, and we need versatile players because we are just filling up our positions with one dimensional players.
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:08 PM   #133 (permalink)
hoping we step it up next season and take it to the playoffs

Junior Member
 
Raptors_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Burlington, ON
Posts: 85
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
On a side note, how do you guys feel about Alec Burks from Colorado, I seen a couple of his games and I think with a season or two under his belt he could be something special. I'd consider making him a part of the future, especially since he plays some PG and SG. I think he would be the most versatile player and has some of the most potential, and we need versatile players because we are just filling up our positions with one dimensional players.
nope
Raptors_ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #134 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,119
Representing:
Default

You've never seen him play..Alright anyone with an opinion which is not from your alter ego?
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #135 (permalink)
waiting for the sun to come out so he can let his guns out.

Jamario Moon!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,458
Representing:
Default

If we fall in the draft a bit I would definitely bring him in for a few workouts. He has been flying under the radar the whole season.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:23 PM   #136 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,851
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
On a side note, how do you guys feel about Alec Burks from Colorado, I seen a couple of his games and I think with a season or two under his belt he could be something special. I'd consider making him a part of the future, especially since he plays some PG and SG. I think he would be the most versatile player and has some of the most potential, and we need versatile players because we are just filling up our positions with one dimensional players.
Has Burks announced he was going pro?

I liked Burks game as Colorado. Being a Ohio State fan he reminded me of former Buckeye Evan Turner. Not as good overall game as Turner but similar type players.

With Raptors draft pick it would be a reach to take him. Lottery pick but probably mid-later lottery pick. Good talent. Don't see a star but see a pretty solid player down the road. A solid starter.
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #137 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,119
Representing:
Default

I guess it depends on what BC's plan is, and if we drop. I mean if we can get someone like Derrick Williams or Harrison Barnes then we're sitting pretty. If we drop some, and BC decides he wants to stick with Bayless and Calderon, then he is definitely a great option. His potential is through the roof, and he is very versatile. I think a lot of people also underestimate his defense, which could help out this team tremendously. It will all come down to the master plan for the summer.
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #138 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,119
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN View Post
Has Burks announced he was going pro?

I liked Burks game as Colorado. Being a Ohio State fan he reminded me of former Buckeye Evan Turner. Not as good overall game as Turner but similar type players.

With Raptors draft pick it would be a reach to take him. Lottery pick but probably mid-later lottery pick. Good talent. Don't see a star but see a pretty solid player down the road. A solid starter.
2011 NBA Draft Early Entrants | NBADraft.net

NBAdraft.net is saying that he is most likely to enter the draft, and why wouldn't he? This class is so weak he might as well take that chance.
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:46 PM   #139 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,851
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
2011 NBA Draft Early Entrants | NBADraft.net

NBAdraft.net is saying that he is most likely to enter the draft, and why wouldn't he? This class is so weak he might as well take that chance.
I don't disagree just thought I heard he hasn't announce yet.
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:50 PM   #140 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,119
Representing:
Default

Oh, I wasn't saying you disagree lol, I was saying like in general I think it would make no sense on his part if he didn't haha, because the draft class is so weak. Sorry if I let off as if I though I was disagreeing with you haha, it sounded better in my head.
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24