Raptor's Draft Ranking of Players - Page 6
Old 04-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #101 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
Look at guys like Steve Nash, Melo, Bibby, who are all not good defenders. Yet they manage. I think saying we won't draft him because he isn't the greatest defender is a not a great reason. Sure it'll factor in, but that is what training is for, to improve and get better.

Also don't be so naive, when he say's he can play defense, he means that he is a good defender at times. I think you are just playing oblivious to try and defend your point, or else you are really oblivious. Regardless, back to my original statement, I will stick by that if we trade down to a sport between 6-10 I think we should 100% consider Jimmer, Walker and Knight as potential pick. I think that is very reasonable, and I don't see you guys shitting on Walker (whom is shorter then Jimmer) or Knight for their flaws, and believe me their defense is not significantly better then Jimmers.
guys like Steve Nash, Melo, Bibby, are not good defenders but they aren't horrible ones either.

and what walker and knight has over jimmer, (despite height in walkers case), is athletism and upside. we know what jimmer's gonna give us. any improvement isn't going to came at a surprise. certainly his speed or ymca hops won't get any better.
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #102 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,231
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
guys like Steve Nash, Melo, Bibby, are not good
defenders but they aren't horrible ones either.
Neither is Jimmer. I think if you watch some game tape you'll realize that you are over estimating him as a defensive liability.

Quote:
and what walker and knight has over jimmer, (despite height in walkers case), is athletism and upside. we know what jimmer's gonna give us. any improvement isn't going to came at a surprise. certainly his speed or ymca hops won't get any better.
What Jimmer has over them is a jump shot, and the ability to create his own shot. He has a better offensive arsenal then those two, hence why he led the nation in scoring last year. Jimmer still has lots to improve one, and can. Saying he has not upside is just insane, every young player has upside. Look at Andrea..He's still improving after 6 years in the league. I think your running low on arguments on why you don't like Jimmer, which might be true. But what also is true is that he is worthy of consideration for a pick between 5-10.
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #103 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

wait and see.....just wait and see....
quote me, book it, save it, print it w/e
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:26 PM   #104 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,231
Representing:
Default

Does it irk you knowing that your only argument is wait and see? What if I am right and he goes between 6-10? Do I get a cookie?
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #105 (permalink)
Scrub City

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 744
Representing:
Default

Don't understand how one could justify drafting Jimmer over Kemba Walker. If we trade down and get a good piece to go along with Jimmer maybe - but I don't think you can make a comparison 1 on 1.

Edit: I didn't read the rest of this thread so if the idea was to take Jimmer assuming we get f*cked in the lottery and go lower than 3rd forgive me.

Last edited by t-bag; 04-15-2011 at 09:35 PM.
t-bag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #106 (permalink)
hoping we step it up next season and take it to the playoffs

Junior Member
 
Raptors_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Burlington, ON
Posts: 85
Representing:
Default

this is pointless cause even BC is not stupid enough to draft jimmer
Raptors_ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #107 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,835
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors_ View Post
this is pointless cause even BC is not stupid enough to draft jimmer
EVEN BC??


What's that supposed to mean? Do you not know Colangelo's drafting record?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #108 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,231
Representing:
Default

Yeah kind of like all those people who chose him as player of the year..Just stupid right?

Also to t-bag, the argument is him going somewhere between 5-10 and how he should be an option if we drop that low by trading down.
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #109 (permalink)
hoping we step it up next season and take it to the playoffs

Junior Member
 
Raptors_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Burlington, ON
Posts: 85
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
EVEN BC??


What's that supposed to mean? Do you not know Colangelo's drafting record?
true, but he did pick Bargnani and look where that got us
Raptors_ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #110 (permalink)
Scrub City

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 744
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
Yeah kind of like all those people who chose him as player of the year..Just stupid right?

Also to t-bag, the argument is him going somewhere between 5-10 and how he should be an option if we drop that low by trading down.
That's definitely a valid argument then, he has enough upside. I'd take him at 5 if Kemba and Knight were both gone.
t-bag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #111 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,231
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bag View Post
That's definitely a valid argument then, he has enough upside. I'd take him at 5 if Kemba and Knight were both gone.
Jimmer is very talented. People just love to hate him because over the last few years the top players in college have become busts once they get drafted. People who have not seen him though, really don't understand the difference he has compared to Reddick and Morrison. They all just chose to believe what the media tell them, which is sad to an extent.
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:02 PM   #112 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,835
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors_ View Post
true, but he did pick Bargnani and look where that got us
Take a look at that draft class.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:48 PM   #113 (permalink)
hoping we step it up next season and take it to the playoffs

Junior Member
 
Raptors_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Burlington, ON
Posts: 85
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Take a look at that draft class.
ya we should have drafted aldridge or Roy
Raptors_ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:55 PM   #114 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,835
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors_ View Post
ya we should have drafted aldridge or Roy
Easy to say that now, but if you were old enough then to remember now......it wasn't exactly that simple. And rightfully so, many teams passed on Roy due to his questionable knees.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:03 AM   #115 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Jimmer Fredette is a good college player. In the NBA he doesn't have much of a spot. He's a 6 foot 2 point guard who has leaky ball handling and doesn't know how to pass the ball. Plus he can't play any defense whatsoever.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:05 AM   #116 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Looking at Jimmer with a 6-10 pick is just borderline stupid.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #117 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,835
Representing:
Default

Why is Fredette even being discussed? We're not going to drop that far.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #118 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Everyone is saying it's a crap draft but I still feel we have a lot of options. Biyombo looks like a good defensive player, Brandon Knight is still available, I hope Harrison Barnes declares.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:18 AM   #119 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
Does it irk you knowing that your only argument is wait and see? What if I am right and he goes between 6-10? Do I get a cookie?
thats only one part of the argument. the other part is that he won't be a good pro. i'll actually go on record and say he'll just play out his rookie contract.
so aside from everything that i've said, all i can really say now is just wait and see cuz i'm basically making a prediction. what else do u want me to say?
you'll stick to ur guns in that jimmer is great offensively and not horrible on defense so therefore still making him serviceable in the NBA. and any team could use a guy like him.
and i'll stick to my views in that he'll go from great offensively in college to good at most in the pros because of his lack of speed, height, and athleticism. and becuase of his disinterest in defense, won't stick around in the NBA in what was only gonna be a career back-up if all things go right.
so.....i guess we'll wait and see

Last edited by powerfulpanda; 04-16-2011 at 02:21 AM.
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:25 AM   #120 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

and about that....i'm making these claims about what kinda of player i think jimmer will become in the NBA because i'm confident in my analysis, but you haven't done the same. your defending him so much so why don't u back up ur words with something. what kinda of player do u think jimmer will ultimately be? allstar? decent starter? bench player? 6th man?
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24