Raptor's Draft Ranking of Players - Page 4
Old 04-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #61 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,470
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
He carried BYU on his back all season. I don't think his stock dropped at all because of his last game. He's a tremendous talent, If we drop in the draft I see no reason not to take him. Sure, we need defense, but we also have some pretty shitty offence half the time. This dude has been working on his point game, but I don't care where he plays. Would be an excellent player for any team to have. Kind of reminds me of eddie house with that instant offence.
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #62 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,816
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
He carried BYU on his back all season. I don't think his stock dropped at all because of his last game. He's a tremendous talent, If we drop in the draft I see no reason not to take him. Sure, we need defense, but we also have some pretty shitty offence half the time. This dude has been working on his point game, but I don't care where he plays. Would be an excellent player for any team to have. Kind of reminds me of eddie house with that instant offence.
Would you pick the next Eddie House with at worst a Top 6 pick?
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #63 (permalink)
back

Administrator

 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,278
Representing:
Default

Very well said...I think you have seem jimmer play like once, and are just going by the typical word about Jimmer. He actually has some legitimate ball handling. It's not like I am saying take him with the top pick, I am saying if we drop between 5-10 he is defiantly a great option. I don't understand why you facepalming. Maybe because you are unable to argue against Jimmer except to say that he is to short, which 6-2 isn't that short. How big is Bayless and Jose, I think they are both 6'3. Bayless is just as much as a shooting guard in a point guards position as Jimmer. Haters gon' hate.
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #64 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,552
Representing:
Default

Have you seen the type of talent he was playing with at BYU? There is a reason his assist averages are low and why he had to be an offensive assassin. Best case scenario for Jimmer is a Steve Nash. Would you pick the next Steve Nash with at worst a top 6 pick?
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:16 PM   #65 (permalink)
back

Administrator

 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,278
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
Would you pick the next Eddie House with at worst a Top 6 pick?
I think you are trying to misconstrue my point.

Eddie House was not half as good as Jimmer coming out of college. Jimmer is ranked a top 10 player in the nation for the draft in most mock draft. He also won the college player of the year by virtually every award their is. I said his instant offence reminds me of Eddie House, who has been and asset for many championship teams over the last while. I think all teams need a player like RIP and Eddie house who can flat out score the ball. Once again, I am not saying take him if we land a top pick, but if our spot drop I don't see why we shouldn't look at him.
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:22 PM   #66 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,470
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
Very well said...I think you have seem jimmer play like once, and are just going by the typical word about Jimmer. He actually has some legitimate ball handling. It's not like I am saying take him with the top pick, I am saying if we drop between 5-10 he is defiantly a great option. I don't understand why you facepalming. Maybe because you are unable to argue against Jimmer except to say that he is to short, which 6-2 isn't that short. How big is Bayless and Jose, I think they are both 6'3. Bayless is just as much as a shooting guard in a point guards position as Jimmer. Haters gon' hate.
if he gets drafted 5-10 he is going to be a bust. BOOK IT. quote me on it. save this post or whatever. he is a late 1st round pick....
don't judge jimmer by how he plays in college, jeez. its how that will translate into the NBA. and its not that good.
and i guess you completely ignore the part where i said he isn't athletic enough to cover up his lack of height in the 2 spot....
i don't know why u brought up jose cuz hes a pg and bayless you can say he's a combo guard BUT he's athletic enough to cover up his lack of height.
and you also ignored that he sucks at defense. and its not only that, he doesn't care or put the effort in. his teammates have gone on record to say that. but you only bring up how he's an instant offense and reminds you of a eddie house. LOL
ya ok, eddie house worth a pick at 5-10
another thing this team needs is another Bargnani at the sg spot
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:22 PM   #67 (permalink)
back to fold laundry

Senior Member
 
FoldedLaundry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,429
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Have you seen the type of talent he was playing with at BYU? There is a reason his assist averages are low and why he had to be an offensive assassin. Best case scenario for Jimmer is a Steve Nash. Would you pick the next Steve Nash with at worst a top 6 pick?
That's also a good point, I haven't seen him play but I've heard of his accomplishments and what he can do. Just because his assist numbers are low in his college doesn't mean he can't dish out assists. Its like Bayless in the past games. High ppg averages but low assist numbers. Why? Not enough players to pass to who can be relied on to score and give you the assist. When Bayless started and had all the players in uniform at his disposal, his assists numbers went up. That can be said about Jimmer. Maybe his team couldn't score half the time when he passed to them. If they can't score and youre a PG, you take it upon yourself to score for your team and be the offensive assassin. That's one trait a PG must have. Knowing when to pass and knowing when to take your team on your back and score.
FoldedLaundry is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #68 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,816
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Have you seen the type of talent he was playing with at BYU? There is a reason his assist averages are low and why he had to be an offensive assassin. Best case scenario for Jimmer is a Steve Nash. Would you pick the next Steve Nash with at worst a top 6 pick?
Wow, Steve Nash. The real questions is, do I take the big risk for sacrificing a top 6 pick that Jimmer can potentially become the next Steve Nash. No. I'm not saying he's may not become the next Steve Nash, but that's a big jump, tha's a big gamble and risk. For the Richard Hamilton example, Richard Hamilton is 6'6 and quicker, Jimmer is 6'3, no way he can guard the SG position.

Last edited by RAPMAN; 04-15-2011 at 02:32 PM.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #69 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,470
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Have you seen the type of talent he was playing with at BYU? There is a reason his assist averages are low and why he had to be an offensive assassin. Best case scenario for Jimmer is a Steve Nash. Would you pick the next Steve Nash with at worst a top 6 pick?
really....
thats the first time i've heard that comparison and nothing from watching him makes me think he can become a steve nash.
why aren't all the scouts and GMs raving about this next steve nash?
why isn't he top 10 on most draft boards?
i'm sure he'll slip lower on draft day too
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #70 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,816
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
Eddie House was not half as good as Jimmer coming out of college...... He also won the college player of the year by virtually every award their is.
The same can be said of JJ Redick.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #71 (permalink)
back

Administrator

 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,278
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
Wow, Steve Nash. The real questions is, do I take the big risk for sacrificing a top 6 pick that Jimmer can potentially become the next Steve Nash. No. I'm not saying he's may not become the next Steve Nash, but that's a big jump, tha's a big gamble and risk. For the Richard Hamilton example, Richard Hamilton is 6'6 and quicker, Jimmer is 6'3, no way he can guard the SG position.
I am saying if we drop between 5-10, he is defiantly an option. This guy would most likely play PG in the league, hence why he is working on his point guard ability and has been for a while. Once again , you are misconstruing my point. I am not comparing the players, I am comparing the USE of the players at some point. Running them off screens to get them open shots, let them handle the ball in the open court etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
really....
thats the first time i've heard that comparison and nothing from watching him makes me think he can become a steve nash.
why aren't all the scouts and GMs raving about this next steve nash?
why isn't he top 10 on most draft boards?
i'm sure he'll slip lower on draft day too
wow, You are kind of being a douchebag. You have no room for reason. He is a top 10 on most draft boards, he was the top player in college ball in the nation. Have you ever watched him play? He will be a solid player in the NBA, this draft really has to future superstars, but it has a lot of player who will be solid in the league. I think most people can agree that if we have a pick between 5-10 because our position drops, which can happen, then Jimmer is an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
The same can be said of JJ Redick.
JJ Reddick also plays on a very good Orlando team and get's a good amount of minutes now. He is a solid role player. what did you expect from him? it's not like I am saying Jimmer is going to be an all-star next Lebron James. If you wouldn't consider him with a 6-10 pick, then you would probably not consider a lot of players.
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #72 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,552
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
really....
thats the first time i've heard that comparison and nothing from watching him makes me think he can become a steve nash.
why aren't all the scouts and GMs raving about this next steve nash?
why isn't he top 10 on most draft boards?
i'm sure he'll slip lower on draft day too
Tell, what does your top 10 look like? Because Jimmer would sure as hell make mine...
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #73 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,470
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Tell, what does your top 10 look like? Because Jimmer would sure as hell make mine...
DraftExpress: Mock Draft
i just googled nba mock draft and selected one at random and this has him picked 16th. you can go to multiple mock drafts and get an average urself if u want to dispute.

once again....DuCa00795, you completely ignore the point about his defense. he's not interested in playing defense one bit (remind you of anyone?) and his teammates have called him out about it. Even if he's top 10, he has no fit on this team! what? hes gonna be our 3rd string pg? or get rid of either jose or bayless and have jimmer be a back up? real nice....
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #74 (permalink)
a Raps fan

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,610
Representing:
Default

Quote:
The same can be said of JJ Redick.
that is exactly who I compare him too..

guys like Jimmer are not athletic, and are not going to beat guys off the dribble..

he is like curry without the speed and handles.. you take away his shot what else does he do for you?

you got to understand, guys like Ferdette will always eat up the college game, look at Redick and Adam Morrison, shooters will always excel in the college system
creative1mm is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #75 (permalink)
back

Administrator

 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,278
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
DraftExpress: Mock Draft
i just googled nba mock draft and selected one at random and this has him picked 16th. you can go to multiple mock drafts and get an average urself if u want to dispute.

once again....DuCa00795, you completely ignore the point about his defense. he's not interested in playing defense one bit (remind you of anyone?) and his teammates have called him out about it. Even if he's top 10, he has no fit on this team! what? hes gonna be our 3rd string pg? or get rid of either jose or bayless and have jimmer be a back up? real nice....
Yeah, he doesn't have great defense, Do you want me to argue that he does when I know he doesn't? No matter who we draft we are going to have a log jam at some point. PG or forward. So that argument basically applies to every player we draft. I think you are biasing toward player who have has similar success as him in college. Jimmer is a 6-10 pick IMO, He still has room to grow, and is more offensively advanced then anyone in the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative1mm View Post
that is exactly who I compare him too..

guys like Jimmer are not athletic, and are not going to beat guys off the dribble..

he is like curry without the speed and handles.. you take away his shot what else does he do for you?

you got to understand, guys like Ferdette will always eat up the college game, look at Redick and Adam Morrison, shooters will always excel in the college system
Jimmer creates his own shot, unlike Reddick and Morrison who had screen ran for them their whole college careers. How many time have you seen Jimmer cross someone up at the 3 point line with a step back and hit it. Not a lot of people can guard him because he can hit a shot anywhere on the court with anyone in his face. I would argue he does have some handles. I have seen him have some nasty cross overs over the last couple years. BYU was awful, and Jimmer made them a top ranked team in the nation. I think in the NBA without all the pressure of being that guy he can work on other aspects and be a good solid contributor to the team.
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #76 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,470
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative1mm View Post
that is exactly who I compare him too..

guys like Jimmer are not athletic, and are not going to beat guys off the dribble..

he is like curry without the speed and handles.. you take away his shot what else does he do for you?

you got to understand, guys like Ferdette will always eat up the college game, look at Redick and Adam Morrison, shooters will always excel in the college system
exactly....and i would argue that jimmer isn't as good as reddick or morrison. remember, morrison was drafted 4th overall. reddick was headed down the same path but has turned his career into a serviceable one. but you could say that has as much to do with the system in orlando which is surround howard with 3 points shooters. (which could be a reason why morrison didn't succeed, who knows what he could have been if he played in orlando)
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #77 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,552
Representing:
Default

You folks have obviously never seen Jimmer play if you say he can't create his own shot.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #78 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,470
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
Yeah, he doesn't have great defense, Do you want me to argue that he does when I know he doesn't? No matter who we draft we are going to have a log jam at some point. PG or forward. So that argument basically applies to every player we draft. I think you are biasing toward player who have has similar success as him in college. Jimmer is a 6-10 pick IMO, He still has room to grow, and is more offensively advanced then anyone in the draft.
so knowing this you still want us to draft him if we end up with a 6-10 pick and he's available? just because of his offensive abilities?
he couldn't guard college players, what makes u think he can guard nba players?
but its ok, hes more offensively advanced then everyone else in the draft. might as well get a Bargnani in every position and try to win by outscoring ur opponents
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #79 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,816
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
JJ Reddick also plays on a very good Orlando team and get's a good amount of minutes now. He is a solid role player. what did you expect from him? it's not like I am saying Jimmer is going to be an all-star next Lebron James. If you wouldn't consider him with a 6-10 pick, then you would probably not consider a lot of players.
First, the farthest the Raps drop is 6th spot on the draft. From the pick, the most you can wish for is a star player (Irving, Barnes, Williams). However, the more realistic view is to obtain a core piece/starter you can add with Demar and Ed Davis. Do you think Jimmer can be starting point on a contending team? Most experts have him as a back-up point guard in the league. I wouldn't spend a top 6 pick on a back-up point guard.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #80 (permalink)
back

Administrator

 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,278
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
so knowing this you still want us to draft him if we end up with a 6-10 pick and he's available? just because of his offensive abilities?
he couldn't guard college players, what makes u think he can guard nba players?
but its ok, hes more offensively advanced then everyone else in the draft. might as well get a Bargnani in every position and try to win by outscoring ur opponents
I'm quite confident you are exaggerating him as a defensive liability in order to try and make your argument sound at least half decent. Have you seen him play? It's not like he's a pylon on the court. I think this whole team needs to work on defense. This guy is not going to ruin a team because he is a mediocre defensive player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
First, the farthest the Raps drop is 6th spot on the draft. From the pick, the most you can wish for is a star player (Irving, Barnes, Williams). However, the more realistic view is to obtain a core piece/starter you can add with Demar and Ed Davis. Do you think Jimmer can be starting point on a contending team? Most experts have him as a back-up point guard in the league. I wouldn't spend a top 6 pick on a back-up point guard.
If we were to trade down because the top 3 were taking or something along those lines I would take him. I've told you think and I'm not going to change my mind.

My real question is have any of you guys seen him play other then at the tournament (if you even seen him play at the tournament) or are you just basing this on assumptions which have been portrayed because he is 6-2 and an excellent shooter?
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24