Raptors Cap/Tax Status - Page 13
Old 06-30-2013, 11:10 PM   #241 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 5,303
Representing:
Default Updated Salary

Assuming the Bargnani trade goes through as I suggested.

2013-14:

Rudy Gay $17,888,931
DeMar DeRozan $9,500,000
Amir Johnson $6,500,000
Landry Fields $6,250,000
Kyle Lowry $6,210,000
Linas Kleiza $4,600,000
Marcus Camby $4,383,773
Steve Novak $3,750,000
Jonas Valanciunas $3,526,440
Aaron Gray $2,690,875
Terrence Ross $2,678,640
Pablo Prigioni $884,293 (probably waived)
Quincy Acy $788,872

Team Totals $69,651,824

Cap: 58.5M (projected)
Tax: 71.6M (projected)
Apron: 75.6M (projected)

That leaves a potential amnesty of Kleiza putting the Raps at 65.1M committed - 6.5 clear of the tax, with loads of room to use the full MLE (5.15 M) and still be able to sign some vet bodies. Team even has the biannual 2M exception.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #242 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 5,303
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
How much money did the raps save overall (including all years and salaries) with this deal?
To answer your question, Bargnani is owed 23.25 M over the next 2 years. Camby is owed 4.4 M this year and 4.2 M next year, though only 1M is guaranteed next year. Novak is owed 3.75 M this year, 3.4M next year, and 3.75 M the year after that. And then there's the one year of minimum salary at 0.9 M.

So total money saved is about 2.75 M, closer to 6 M if they waive Camby after this year.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #243 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,207
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
To answer your question, Bargnani is owed 23.25 M over the next 2 years. Camby is owed 4.4 M this year and 4.2 M next year, though only 1M is guaranteed next year. Novak is owed 3.75 M this year, 3.4M next year, and 3.75 M the year after that. And then there's the one year of minimum salary at 0.9 M.

So total money saved is about 2.75 M, closer to 6 M if they waive Camby after this year.
Ok cool thanks.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #244 (permalink)
set adrift on a memory bliss of you.

Reptars
 
AR1815's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 889
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
To answer your question, Bargnani is owed 23.25 M over the next 2 years. Camby is owed 4.4 M this year and 4.2 M next year, though only 1M is guaranteed next year. Novak is owed 3.75 M this year, 3.4M next year, and 3.75 M the year after that. And then there's the one year of minimum salary at 0.9 M.

So total money saved is about 2.75 M, closer to 6 M if they waive Camby after this year.
If we waive Camby this year (since he's got no interest in playing here), would we have to pay the full salary for next year, or can we pay him only $1M from next year's salary?
AR1815 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #245 (permalink)
is dead inside

Senior Member
 
Metallikid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,234
Representing:
Default

Other people were mentioning that we could have upward of 11 million worth of cap space after this trade, amnestying Kleiza and using the stretch provision on Landry, is this true?

Because 11 mil could do a tonne in terms of building up a quality bench or snagging an under-priced free agent this offseason with so many teams looking to tank and only so much cap space and 4-year contracts going around.
Metallikid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #246 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikid View Post
Other people were mentioning that we could have upward of 11 million worth of cap space after this trade, amnestying Kleiza and using the stretch provision on Landry, is this true?

Because 11 mil could do a tonne in terms of building up a quality bench or snagging an under-priced free agent this offseason with so many teams looking to tank and only so much cap space and 4-year contracts going around.
who are these other people?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #247 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,191
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikid View Post
Other people were mentioning that we could have upward of 11 million worth of cap space after this trade, amnestying Kleiza and using the stretch provision on Landry, is this true?

.
No
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #248 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 5,303
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR1815 View Post
If we waive Camby this year (since he's got no interest in playing here), would we have to pay the full salary for next year, or can we pay him only $1M from next year's salary?
As long as Camby is waived before the start of 2014-15 season, only that 1M will be paid. His first year is fully guaranteed no matter what.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #249 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 5,303
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikid View Post
Other people were mentioning that we could have upward of 11 million worth of cap space after this trade, amnestying Kleiza and using the stretch provision on Landry, is this true?

Because 11 mil could do a tonne in terms of building up a quality bench or snagging an under-priced free agent this offseason with so many teams looking to tank and only so much cap space and 4-year contracts going around.
Not even close. Best case scenario we are looking at about 2 or 3 million in cap space.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #250 (permalink)
set adrift on a memory bliss of you.

Reptars
 
AR1815's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 889
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
As long as Camby is waived before the start of 2014-15 season, only that 1M will be paid. His first year is fully guaranteed no matter what.
Got it, thanks.
AR1815 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #251 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,614
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

how much is Qrich making this year?
Dario is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #252 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario View Post
how much is Qrich making this year?
Not sure but it's likely aroun 885k
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #253 (permalink)
Kill Casey

FTMFW
 
Shifty.py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,763
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
That leaves a potential amnesty of Kleiza putting the Raps at 65.1M committed - 6.5 clear of the tax, with loads of room to use the full MLE (5.15 M) and still be able to sign some vet bodies. Team even has the biannual 2M exception.
After reading this, it doesn't take Doug Smith to understand Kleiza will be waived.
There are many FAs out there, Masai will want to use the MLE
Shifty.py is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #254 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 5,303
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Not sure but it's likely aroun 885k
No announcement yet. If he's a minimum signing, then 885k is right. If he is getting a bit more to convince him to sign, then it will be at least 1.5 million.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #255 (permalink)
LOG
Is sick and tired of Casey

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,741
Representing:
Default

Raptors Republic - ESPN TrueHoop's Raptors Blog | Here?s the Raptors Salary Situation as of Right Now!
They are missing Lowry though
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #256 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 5,303
Representing:
Default

They have a bunch of stuff wrong, though they've fixed some of it.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #257 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 5,303
Representing:
Default Q-Rich

So media reports have it as Quentin Richardson, and for the minimum (1.4 M, but only the 2-year vet min will count against the cap) for three years, only the first guaranteed.

2013-14:

Rudy Gay $17,888,931
DeMar DeRozan $9,500,000
Amir Johnson $6,500,000
Landry Fields $6,250,000
Kyle Lowry $6,210,000
Linas Kleiza $4,600,000
Marcus Camby $4,383,773
Steve Novak $3,750,000
Jonas Valanciunas $3,526,440
Aaron Gray $2,690,875
Terrence Ross $2,678,640
Quentin Richardson $884,293 (probably waived)
Quincy Acy $788,872

Team Totals $69,651,824

Cap: 58.5M (projected)
Tax: 71.6M (projected)
Apron: 75.6M (projected)

That leaves a potential amnesty of Kleiza putting the Raps at 65.1M committed - 6.5 clear of the tax, with loads of room to use the full MLE (5.15 M) and still be able to sign some vet bodies. Team even has the biannual 2M exception.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #258 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,207
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
So media reports have it as Quentin Richardson, and for the minimum (1.4 M, but only the 2-year vet min will count against the cap) for three years, only the first guaranteed.

2013-14:

Rudy Gay $17,888,931
DeMar DeRozan $9,500,000
Amir Johnson $6,500,000
Landry Fields $6,250,000
Kyle Lowry $6,210,000
Linas Kleiza $4,600,000
Marcus Camby $4,383,773
Steve Novak $3,750,000
Jonas Valanciunas $3,526,440
Aaron Gray $2,690,875
Terrence Ross $2,678,640
Quentin Richardson $884,293 (probably waived)
Quincy Acy $788,872

Team Totals $69,651,824

Cap: 58.5M (projected)
Tax: 71.6M (projected)
Apron: 75.6M (projected)

That leaves a potential amnesty of Kleiza putting the Raps at 65.1M committed - 6.5 clear of the tax, with loads of room to use the full MLE (5.15 M) and still be able to sign some vet bodies. Team even has the biannual 2M exception.
Dude, it's still not enough to be a true contender or game changer of any sort in FA. 6.5 clear of the tax is not that much. I really don't want to see MU use the little caproom (well room beneath the tax) and those few exceptions) hurt the team financially, especially when in 2014-2015 as is there is no starting PG on the team.

Last edited by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!!; 07-02-2013 at 12:46 AM.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #259 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,620
Representing:
Default

So if Lowry resigns, were basically guaranteed to be a tax-paying team? Capped out mediocrity is supposed to be for the Knicks though!
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #260 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
So if Lowry resigns, were basically guaranteed to be a tax-paying team? Capped out mediocrity is supposed to be for the Knicks though!
Not really. I mean, if no other moves are made prior I guess we can be. But obviously MU will be looking to make moves to cut costs. As an example, let's say Derozan is dealt and we get an expiring contract in return. And if we move Gay say next summer and take back a little less salary. Obviously we're not going to be looking to be a tax team with the team as currently constructed. At least for the most part.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24