Raptors 2012-2013 Media Thread - Page 3
Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #41 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,657
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
He knew it was going to be for a gay radio station. Unlike some of you guys, he probably spent enough time around a gay person not to think what was going on there was condescending or unprofessional. If it was done for an audience of ports fans it would have been ridiculous. Much like Gerry Dee and Cabbie, which you don't hear a lot of complaints about. But it wasn't intended for you and I. Going into an all-caps rage and saying that Rudy will surely leave is sad and pathetic. Spend some time with a gay dude. It's not contagious. You will find yourself rolling your eyes often, but they will be rolling their eyes as well and will not be bothered by that.




Ditto
Alright so first off, tell me where I wrote he will surely leave? that alone, makes my post seem much more harmful than it really was. Pathetic is putting words in my mouth and claiming something which I did not say. And since when was 92.5 a gay radio station? sorry I missed that memo. Secondly, I have spent time with gay, people, and as you should know they are normal just like everyone else, I don't treat them differently whatsoever, so by you implying that I am anti-gay or homophobic, really is judgmental and wrong of you LX. I never made this personal whatsoever, but by you attacking my integrity and making me seem like something that I am not, is wrong, and you are making this personal when it shouldnt be. The way the interview was conducted in an unprofessional manner, and a lot of people would probably agree with me
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #42 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,191
Representing:
Default

Yea i agree that the interview wasn't very professional, I guess that guy was trying to sound funny and cool.. he failed.
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:41 AM   #43 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

The main beef I had with that interview is that the reporter kept referring to gay things just because his last name is Gay. Lets look at the history of the last name for a second... I doubt his last name refers to "homosexual", it probably refers to the other definition of Gay which is cheerful.

The reporter was making fun of the last name but tried to make it ok because he said he is gay. He also was making Rudy feel like a gay advocate when you really don't know his stance on it. Hes an athlete, not an advocate. A reporter shouldn't be immature by disrespecting someones family name, pretend its okay, and then tell him to be a role model for the gay community. Just my opinion.
Don Vito is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #44 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,714
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by box1992 View Post
Alright so first off, tell me where I wrote he will surely leave? that alone, makes my post seem much more harmful than it really was. Pathetic is putting words in my mouth and claiming something which I did not say. And since when was 92.5 a gay radio station? sorry I missed that memo. Secondly, I have spent time with gay, people, and as you should know they are normal just like everyone else, I don't treat them differently whatsoever, so by you implying that I am anti-gay or homophobic, really is judgmental and wrong of you LX. I never made this personal whatsoever, but by you attacking my integrity and making me seem like something that I am not, is wrong, and you are making this personal when it shouldnt be. The way the interview was conducted in an unprofessional manner, and a lot of people would probably agree with me
I'm sorry if I made you out as something that you are not. That was not my intent. I shouldn't have said your reaction was sad and pathetic, but rather that it felt sad and pathetic to me, to see the all caps and that you wouldn't blame him if he left. I was wrong to describe this station as being a gay station, but I do know they have a strong gay audience, and my main point was that this was not intended for your regular sports fan or Raptors fan, but rather about building bridges, and to just dismiss it as unprofessional or lame, based on expectations as a sports fan is disappointing to me. But really, I can understand that. It's just the huge over-reaction that set me off, and I apologize for over-reacting myself.

Gay people are indeed normal, but they also share a different culture that most of us are either shut out of or shut ourselves off from, and I respect the attempt to mix cultures as was done here. It's sad that gay athletes stay in the shadows, and that the only bridge available comes from a name. But there it is.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #45 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,657
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
I'm sorry if I made you out as something that you are not. That was not my intent. I shouldn't have said your reaction was sad and pathetic, but rather that it felt sad and pathetic to me, to see the all caps and that you wouldn't blame him if he left. I was wrong to describe this station as being a gay station, but I do know they have a strong gay audience, and my main point was that this was not intended for your regular sports fan or Raptors fan, but rather about building bridges, and to just dismiss it as unprofessional or lame, based on expectations as a sports fan is disappointing to me. But really, I can understand that. It's just the huge over-reaction that set me off, and I apologize for over-reacting myself.

Gay people are indeed normal, but they also share a different culture that most of us are either shut out of or shut ourselves off from, and I respect the attempt to mix cultures as was done here. It's sad that gay athletes stay in the shadows, and that the only bridge available comes from a name. But there it is.
It's all good man, the caps might have been over reacting, I was just used to watching interviews that relate more to sports, the reason I found it un professional was just how it was asked. If he started off with your last name is gay, did you get made fun off. and then went on to say it was gay, I would have ben fine with it. like don vito said, I just found it unprofessional because of how he asked the question and related rudy's last name to the topic.
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #46 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,453
Representing:
Default

On the tan 590 :

post game
interview of landry fields with paul jones and eric smith

Dwayne Casey talks to the media following the win over NYK :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaRIY...ature=youtu.be


pre game :
Tom Sterner with Paul Jones

Jim Todd with Eric Smith

Landry Fields with Eric Smith


yesterday :
Mitch Lawrence with Sid Seixeiro

Jack Armstrong with Sid Seixeiro

Paul Jones with Jeff Blair

Mike Breen with Jeff Blair

Last edited by Bankiz; 02-14-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Bankiz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #47 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,657
Representing:
Default

Post-Game Playlist: Raptors @ Knicks | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE TORONTO RAPTORS
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #48 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,753
Representing:
Default

Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #49 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,753
Representing:
Default

Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #50 (permalink)
Exalted

Senior Member
 
DDUnreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,347
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
this show would be the only reason I want NBA TV
DDUnreal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #51 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,995
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDUnreal View Post
this show would be the only reason I want NBA TV

There are many reasons for me to have NBATV.

NBA games 5 nights a week, Raptors today, Behind the draft, training camp special, open gym, NBA gametime. I also find that the production on these specials such as Behind the draft and Open gym is very good.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #52 (permalink)
stripes

Senior Member
 
just4_raps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,883
Representing:
Default

anyone have a link to the FAN 590's "The Rap/Wrap" from last night?
just4_raps is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #53 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,657
Representing:
Default

if only they had open gym episodes somewhere online
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #54 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,657
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4_raps View Post
anyone have a link to the FAN 590's "The Rap/Wrap" from last night?
did you check the links bankiz posted? not sure if its there
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #55 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,995
Representing:
Default

I watched the latest open gym at 8pm. it was all the behind the scenes stuff when rudy came to town and his introduction to the team. loved it!


it's on again @ 11pm if anyone is interested.

(nbatv)
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:39 PM   #56 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,843
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I watched the latest open gym at 8pm. it was all the behind the scenes stuff when rudy came to town and his introduction to the team. loved it!


it's on again @ 11pm if anyone is interested.

(nbatv)
Is there a stream for NBATV Canada? Im trying to use firstrow and it doesn't have it. Wish I could see them online
Dario is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #57 (permalink)
is in the cut

Senior Member
 
Stonezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,086
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I watched the latest open gym at 8pm. it was all the behind the scenes stuff when rudy came to town and his introduction to the team. loved it!


it's on again @ 11pm if anyone is interested.

(nbatv)
Watchin it right now
Stonezz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:23 AM   #58 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,995
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonezz View Post
Watchin it right now
The voice over from the clippers broadcast-

"With Calderon their offense was very systematic and predictable"

i roflmao
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:01 AM   #59 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,995
Representing:
Default

jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:06 AM   #60 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,843
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
my new background, lol. is there a bigger version?
Dario is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24