Raptor Fans Have Not been this Excited Since..... - Page 3
Old 07-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #41 (permalink)
everybody get off ur arses and vote CB4 to the All Star Game!

Str8 Shooter
 
.40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maple...by way of Rexdale
Posts: 699
Representing:
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post

My concerns are rebounding and defence since I don't think for a second that this lineup is going to have problems scoring the ball, no matter who is which option on that end of the floor. I am worried if Triano is the right coach for this group, but with Iavaroni to help him and considering his extensive international experience (the chief reason he is now involved with Team USA), I hope he is going to do a good job.

And something else to keep in mind: by getting Turk, Wright, Beli and Jack, BC has set us up with enough talent going forward to either convince Bosh to stay or to handle his departure with minimal damage to the team. And that, my friends, is where my hat is off to Colangelo. Take Bron out of Cleveland - and you can pretty much close the shop. Take Bosh out of this lineup (and I am not saying we should let him walk either) - and we still look good and competitive and promising and... yes... exciting.
Very well put. Couldn't have said it better myself
.40 Cal Flakes is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #42 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,600
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .40 Cal Flakes View Post
How quickly we all forget about the Pistons who were a very balanced team. They didn't have a typical first, second or third option. On any given night the points were distributed differently. It's all about the "team", and how the coaches and players can properly mesh the assets they have! Weren't the pistons successful at that?...hmm I forget!
Yeah, but they were also the top defensive team, could rebound and had at the time the best all-around PG in the league who was clutch in big moments.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:58 AM   #43 (permalink)
a Raptors fan

Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 97
Representing:
Default

The opening post in this thread is just blowing hot air.

Anyone can predict the apocalypse. But your prediction has no basis if it is trying to relate one team in a different time with an already known timeline to an entirely new team today of which we don't know how events will unfold.

These players are not the same players we had in 2004, nor do they have the same coach or playing style as in 2004, nor is this team having strengths or weaknesses as that team in 2004, nor is the competition or competition's playing style the same as in 2004.

No one has seen a game yet, and thus for all of us it is difficult to predict what can happen 'if all goes well.' Similarly, it's equally as hard to say what could happen if nothing goes well.

The fact is this new look Raptors team is high on talent and versatility, and more so than any other team we've ever had, and that is the only evidence available today.

The phrase 'history repeats itself' only works when events unfold in such a way that history actually repeats itself, and it requires hindsight to study which no doomsday predictor has the capability to do today.

So please, kindly, go flog yourself. The only people who will listen to a half-baked, one-sided argument are those misinformed individuals who frequently fail to turn on their brain when they need to.

None of us will be able to disabuse your extreme self-delusions, so don't expect us to do it for you.

In other words, Benzo, gtfo until you can produce a legitimate reason to say these things, kthxbye.
curryking1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #44 (permalink)
everybody get off ur arses and vote CB4 to the All Star Game!

Str8 Shooter
 
.40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maple...by way of Rexdale
Posts: 699
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curryking1 View Post
The opening post in this thread is just blowing hot air.

Anyone can predict the apocalypse. But your prediction has no basis if it is trying to relate one team in a different time with an already known timeline to an entirely new team today of which we don't know how events will unfold.

These players are not the same players we had in 2004, nor do they have the same coach or playing style as in 2004, nor is this team having strengths or weaknesses as that team in 2004, nor is the competition or competition's playing style the same as in 2004.

No one has seen a game yet, and thus for all of us it is difficult to predict what can happen 'if all goes well.' Similarly, it's equally as hard to say what could happen if nothing goes well.

The fact is this new look Raptors team is high on talent and versatility, and more so than any other team we've ever had, and that is the only evidence available today.

The phrase 'history repeats itself' only works when events unfold in such a way that history actually repeats itself, and it requires hindsight to study which no doomsday predictor has the capability to do today.

So please, kindly, go flog yourself. The only people who will listen to a half-baked, one-sided argument are those misinformed individuals who frequently fail to turn on their brain when they need to.

None of us will be able to disabuse your extreme self-delusions, so don't expect us to do it for you.

In other words, Benzo, gtfo until you can produce a legitimate reason to say these things, kthxbye.
Well put curryking
.40 Cal Flakes is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:08 PM   #45 (permalink)
everybody get off ur arses and vote CB4 to the All Star Game!

Str8 Shooter
 
.40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maple...by way of Rexdale
Posts: 699
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
Yeah, but they were also the top defensive team, could rebound and had at the time the best all-around PG in the league who was clutch in big moments.
That's my, and I believe most others' concern, is that this team needs to improve on D greatly.

Better defence=tougher shots 4 other team=more rebounds for Raps

But i think with the addition of Marc Iavaroni the Raps D should improve.

Also is any1 concerned that this team is still too soft? The raps need to toughen up big time-both physically and mentally-and stop allowing teams to push them around and getting back into games!
.40 Cal Flakes is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:10 PM   #46 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,600
Representing:
Default

We'll see about Iavaroni.

He was also the defensive specialist in Phoenix...
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:14 PM   #47 (permalink)
everybody get off ur arses and vote CB4 to the All Star Game!

Str8 Shooter
 
.40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maple...by way of Rexdale
Posts: 699
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
We'll see about Iavaroni.

He was also the defensive specialist in Phoenix...
Damn......there goes my optimism
.40 Cal Flakes is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #48 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,774
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .40 Cal Flakes View Post
Damn......there goes my optimism
just to knock you down another notch, you should have seen how excited some people got about hassan adams and jermaine o'neal last summer.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:25 PM   #49 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,290
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curryking1 View Post
The opening post in this thread is just blowing hot air.

Anyone can predict the apocalypse. But your prediction has no basis if it is trying to relate one team in a different time with an already known timeline to an entirely new team today of which we don't know how events will unfold.

These players are not the same players we had in 2004, nor do they have the same coach or playing style as in 2004, nor is this team having strengths or weaknesses as that team in 2004, nor is the competition or competition's playing style the same as in 2004.

No one has seen a game yet, and thus for all of us it is difficult to predict what can happen 'if all goes well.' Similarly, it's equally as hard to say what could happen if nothing goes well.

The fact is this new look Raptors team is high on talent and versatility, and more so than any other team we've ever had, and that is the only evidence available today.

The phrase 'history repeats itself' only works when events unfold in such a way that history actually repeats itself, and it requires hindsight to study which no doomsday predictor has the capability to do today.

So please, kindly, go flog yourself. The only people who will listen to a half-baked, one-sided argument are those misinformed individuals who frequently fail to turn on their brain when they need to.

None of us will be able to disabuse your extreme self-delusions, so don't expect us to do it for you.

In other words, Benzo, gtfo until you can produce a legitimate reason to say these things, kthxbye.
Very well said and I agree 100%...............






Except....and here is where you become a jackass who likes to read his own typing.

I would first like to ask you where I made a prediction...please point it out to me....ok, so we have all looked and that makes your first paragraph moot...thanks dicky.

Lets move on to your second shall we..."the players are not the same", which you could have left it at instead of making a bunch of redundant points...hey I have less hair on my head than I did in '04 and that is about as relavant as the rest of your babble. What is the same is (and I include myself) getting overly excited about an offseason before a ball is tipped, which was my point, those circumstances are indentical.

Next "history repeats itself"...but I didn't say "history repeats itself", simply that we as Raptor fans of been here before.

It is getting hard to type this while flogging myself, but I would like to take a time out from the conditioner on my hand to point out that I didn't even make an argument, simply stated a fact.

Further more the only delusion I have is that my hair might grow back one day, and penis's get larger with age.

In closing I will now gtfo.....your whole thread was an attack on me for something I didn't even say or predict...

Now go grab your lunch box sit down and learn this....we are on a message board, where people will predict and say stupid shit...you want the news go read the fucking paper, and if you are going to call me out, at least do it when I deserve it, it has happen before and will again from much better people than you.

[/lesson]
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #50 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,600
Representing:
Default

You forgot to add the team you mentioned was from 2001, not 2004.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #51 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3


 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,140
Representing:
Default

Philadelphia Collins sums up my excitement..

finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:32 PM   #52 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,774
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Very well said and I agree 100%...............

but
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:47 PM   #53 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
n30tokyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: t.o.
Posts: 867
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
You forgot to add the team you mentioned was from 2001, not 2004.
right. caught me off guard there. the '01 team got past the 1st Round Playoffs lol.
n30tokyo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #54 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,336
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
i just think we need a legitimate second scorer.
I wish you'd define the term "legitimate second scorer". Clearly Bargnani is a 20 ppg scorer, who can go off for 30 at any time, and yet you consider him a 3rd option. Interestingly, you think of lewis as a second option, despite the fact that bargnani, as a starter, score more, goes to the FT line more and has a better shooting percentage. What makes lewis a 2nd option, and andreea a 3rd?
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #55 (permalink)
a Raptors fan

Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 97
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Vince Carter
JYD
Antonio Davis
Alvin Williams

All resign....

and....WE GOT

The Living Legend Hakeem The Dream,....

ya...you get my point.
Oh no, I typed 2004 instead of 2001. Thanks for that fantastic juvenile retort. How much more sexual innuendo is required to make your hypothesis become theory?

It doesn't matter what you say, your entire thread was based on this assumption: somehow the 2001 team is similar to this 2009/10 team, and somehow these periods are related, somehow, unexplained, but somehow.

You still have to justify why this is reason to condemn the current team before they start.

Is it because Olajuwon is somehow related to Turkoglu? I didn't realise Turkoglu was going to retire after this year because he's so old.

Is it because Alvin Williams had stats anything like Jose Calderon?

Is it because Andrea Bargnani plays anything similar to Antonio Davis?

Because you related the 2001 team to the 2009 team today, yes, the implication was that a similar thing was going to happen to the 2009 team. Again, you gave no reason, but you implied the result will be the same.

The implication was 'history would repeat itself' because you related your doomsday prediction of today's team with misfortune of the past.

Understanding this requires more than just basic reading comprehension, but not much more. I'm sorry you completely missed this, but although you didn't say 'history will repeat itself' that is what was strongly implied by the post.

It isn't my fault you can hardly understand what you said yourself.

I didn't ask you to not make a prediction. I attacked an unreasonable point. Your opining, and then my opining. We both opined, and it's not you or I who will determine who is more reasonable.

Unfortunately, the only response I expect is not much more than insults which require nothing more than meme of sex organs.

Last edited by curryking1; 07-30-2009 at 01:13 PM.
curryking1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #56 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,774
Representing:
Default

are you comparing lewis' career to Bargs half a season? awesome!

Last edited by dfunkie1; 07-30-2009 at 01:25 PM.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #57 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,290
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curryking1 View Post
Oh no, I typed 2004 instead of 2001. Thanks for that fantastic juvenile retort. How much more sexual innuendo is required to make your hypothesis become theory?

It doesn't matter what you say, your entire thread was based on this assumption: somehow the 2001 team is similar to this 2009/10 team, and somehow these periods are related, somehow, unexplained, but somehow.

You still have to justify why this is reason to condemn the current team before they start.

Is it because Olajuwon is somehow related to Turkoglu? I didn't realise Turkoglu was going to retire after this year because he's so old.

Is it because Alvin Williams had stats anything like Jose Calderon?

Is it because Andrea Bargnani plays anything similar to Antonio Davis?

Because you related the 2001 team to the 2009 team today, yes, the implication was that a similar thing was going to happen to the 2009 team. Again, you gave no reason, but you implied the result will be the same.

The implication was 'history would repeat itself' because you related your doomsday prediction of today's team with misfortune of the past.

Understanding this requires more than just basic reading comprehension, but not much more. I'm sorry you completely missed this, but although you didn't say 'history will repeat itself' that is what was strongly implied by the post.

It isn't my fault you can hardly understand what you said yourself.

I didn't ask you to not make a prediction. I attacked an unreasonable point. Your opining, and then my opining. We both opined, and it's not you or I who will determine who is more reasonable.

Unfortunately, the only response I expect is not much more than insults which require nothing more than meme of sex organs.
Lets try and do this the easy grade 2 way. If you can just answer these for me that would be great.

1. Where did I say the team was similar?

2. History did repeat itself, we as raptor fans are excited about a season before the ball is even tipped. true?

3. Where did I condemn or even critique the current team?

4.What was my hypothesis? Please provide evidence not conjecture.

We can start there. For the record you started tossing out the insults, and really your only point is to put words in my mouth, and infer what I meant with no factual basis. I don't have to justify why I condemn the current team because I didn't. Fact is it COULD happen...which is all I stated, I didnt relate the rosters I related the expectations.

Now go eat a bag of dicks, and try and make a name for yourself around here, by saying something that accually makes sense. Nobody else had a problem, and it started a good discussion about expectations...you are not a beautiful or unique snowflake, and I am still bald.

Last edited by Benzo; 07-30-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #58 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,536
Representing:
To be honest i've never been this excited as a Raptor fan.

We are younger, more agressive and more balanced then we've probably ever been. Not only that, we have depth with desirable players that other teams would want if we want to go after another big piece to the puzzle.

Last edited by jeffb; 07-30-2009 at 01:26 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #59 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,568
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
To be honest i've never been this excited as a Raptor fan.
i have, easily.

-the first moment they got the franchise
-the emergence of vc
-keon clark blocking hanno mottola at least 9 times in one game
-the first and last games of our only 2nd round playoff series.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #60 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,600
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
i have, easily.

-the first moment they got the franchise
-the emergence of vc
-keon clark blocking hanno mottola at least 9 times in one game
-the first and last games of our only 2nd round playoff series.
Yes, yes, yes, yes and the 2000 dunk contest was pretty exciting (although it could fall under the emergence of VC).
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Raptor Fans take a time out ! raptor123 Toronto Raptors 19 11-19-2009 08:01 PM
Raptor Fans / NBA Fans kdawg Toronto Raptors 21 07-08-2009 01:18 AM
Draft info for Raptor fans. Superjudge Toronto Raptors 37 02-17-2009 11:57 AM
Which Raptor are you most excited to see play next season? jumplvlan23 Toronto Raptors 22 10-01-2008 10:42 AM
Raptor fans. Benzo Toronto Raptors 7 04-25-2008 12:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24