Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Raps Still Searching For An Identity? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/raps-still-searching-identity-474.html)

Dr. J. Naismith 01-23-2008 11:29 AM

Raps Still Searching For An Identity?
 
You guys believe that? You think it's taken them alot longer this season with the new players than last season and that the best is still yet to come?

Thoughts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toronto Sun
Despite being three games ahead of last season's pace at this point of the season (22-19), Mitchell said the Raptors still are in search of an identity.

"We've been up and down," he said. "In the past, we've been a scoring team. And this year, we're not scoring like we used to, but our defence is better. But we need to finish it off by rebounding the basketball. When you look at the games where we've gotten hurt, it's been offensive rebounds."

Link - Click here

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 01-23-2008 11:32 AM

I agree they're still searching...Sam's still searching for a rotation that he can count on...lately it's been starters and Delfino. I totally agree the rebounding is killing the gains in the defense they've made and needs to be better but i think the offense can improve easily with the shooters we have...they just need more creativity i think from the guards.

Dr. J. Naismith 01-23-2008 12:24 PM

I don't think this would really be up for discussion if we had a healthy Garbo and Ford in the line-up for this season. We miss the Garbo from last year more than some would suspect and the same for Ford. Garbo wasn't a beast of a guy, but we desperately need his toughness, defense and rebounding abilities. :(

Benzo 01-23-2008 12:25 PM

I think Delfino is well on his way to being the most overrated Raptor in history.

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 01-23-2008 12:30 PM

Delfino overrated? Who's rating him higher than he's been? Reports i've read of him reflect what i see in the games.... inconsistant on offence but solid distributor, good rebounder and good man defense. His defense and rebounding earn him his minutes.

Acie 01-23-2008 12:32 PM

Uh, he's got a long way to go until he wrestles that title from Mo, although he's pretty close to grabbing the, "Mr.Inconsistency Intercontinental" belt.

Benzo 01-23-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! (Post 6093)
Delfino overrated? Who's rating him higher than he's been? Reports i've read of him reflect what i see in the games.... inconsistant on offence but solid distributor, good rebounder and good man defense. His defense and rebounding earn him his minutes.

Meh...Delfino is "Mo Lite"

I'm not saying you specificly..but there has been alot of talk about how Delfino was a steal and best trade in Raptors history...

Meh package him and Hump, bring me Dalembert.

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 01-23-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 6096)
Meh...Delfino is "Mo Lite"

I'm not saying you specificly..but there has been alot of talk about how Delfino was a steal and best trade in Raptors history...

Meh package him and Hump, bring me Dalembert.

I wasn't taking it as pointed at me..i'm genuinely intersted in who's overrating him. I think he's a valueable piece for sure and I'd like to see him stick around but he's no mvp nor is it the best trade in raps history...a solid one no doubt but not the best.

Belsius 01-23-2008 12:52 PM

Delfino is gold, little inconsistent though, he is garbo with less IQ but more athleticism.

Deldino>Mo

Benzo 01-23-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belsius (Post 6106)
Delfino is gold, little inconsistent though, he is garbo with less IQ but more athleticism.

Deldino>Mo

Deldino may in fact be better..I don't know he must be some spanish guy.:)

But no..once the initial "ooooooooooooooo BC got Carlos Delfino" wears off...people will ealize he is a dime a dozen in this league...much like Hump.

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 01-23-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 6110)
Deldino may in fact be better..I don't know he must be some spanish guy.

But no..once the initial "ooooooooooooooo BC got Carlos Delfino" wears off...people will ealize he is a dime a dozen in this league...much like Hump.

That I think is a bit harsh.. but i'm willing to wait it out :)

Belsius 01-23-2008 01:23 PM

Common how do you compare Delfino with Humps. This is delfinos first year of consistent playing time.

Benzo 01-23-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! (Post 6111)
That I think is a bit harsh.. but i'm willing to wait it out :)

SWAN...your opinion means nothing till you send me your votes.

http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/nominees-471.html

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 01-23-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 6118)
SWAN...your opinion means nothing till you send me your votes.

http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/showthread.php?t=471

I think that's a bit harsh...but i'll willing to wait it out :)

Ball Don't Lie 01-23-2008 01:27 PM

Delfino's vastly overrated by the coaching staff which is scary for us fans because he continues to play loaded minutes when he isnt playing well and not accomplishing anything out there. He hasnt done shit since the SAC game and yet he still continues to play like 25 MPG. Those minutes should have just been split between Kapono and Moon the way Carlos is playing lately on both sides of the floor.

Benzo 01-23-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belsius (Post 6117)
Common how do you compare Delfino with Humps. This is delfinos first year of consistent playing time.

Could say this is Humps first year too...could even make an argument Hump has been more productive than Delfino...

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 01-23-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriller92 (Post 6123)
Delfino's vastly overrated by the coaching staff which is scary for us fans because he continues to play loaded minutes when he isnt playing well and not accomplishing anything out there. He hasnt done shit since the SAC game and yet he still continues to play like 25 MPG. Those minutes should have just been split between Kapono and Moon the way Carlos is playing lately on both sides of the floor.

When you say he isn't playing well...do you mean his shooting? Have you really noticed defensive deficiencies? I'd like to understand that.

I've watched the games and while he struggles offensively he always brings solid defence and most games decent rebounding plus he's helping with some of the ball handling when Jose's on the bench.

Benzo 01-23-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! (Post 6144)
When you say he isn't playing well...do you mean his shooting? Have you really noticed defensive deficiencies? I'd like to understand that.

I've watched the games and while he struggles offensively he always brings solid defence and most games decent rebounding plus he's helping with some of the ball handling when Jose's on the bench.

http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/showthread.php?t=471

Vote.:batman:

Ball Don't Lie 01-23-2008 02:16 PM

He's been late countless amounts of times the last few games on rotations, and I hate the fact that he allows a player to hit the wide open layup on breaks instead of fouling them hard. It HAS been noticeable for me anyway the past 3 games, maybe because I am putting him under the microscope since he is playing like shit lately. I won't even get into his offence, yuck.

LX 01-23-2008 03:56 PM

Take TJ out of the lineup just when they are hitting their stride - and hell yeah they are not finding their identity yet.

But yeah - lest we forget - TJ sucks. So it can't be that big of a deal can it?

Actually it is. This team misses him as much as it would miss Bosh, maybe more. He makes everyone, including Delfino, and including Jose, better.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24