Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Raps might be moving down a couple spots? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/raps-might-moving-down-couple-spots-20569.html)

jeffb 06-22-2011 09:34 PM

Raps might be moving down a couple spots?
 
:dead:

Quote:

“I’ve been asked to move back a couple of spots and it’s something I think we have to look at and consider if there’s a package that nets us more value,” he said.

There are, however, limits to what he’ll do. The draft is hardly full of star power and impact players, and the Raptors have no interest in picking up someone late in the first round.

“I don’t want anything back in the 20s or even in the late teens,” the general manager said. “I think the draft is really about 10 to 12 deep and there’s a pretty sharp decline after that.

“We like a few players that we think could make an impact for us in the top 10 or 12, maybe 14 at the most, depending on how the draft works out.”

Raptors GM seeking the ?right fit? with No. 5 draft pick - thestar.com

js12 06-22-2011 09:38 PM

I think we after Bimack Biyombo.

Alex 06-22-2011 09:39 PM

Meh. I'd rather pick up Kemba then do a trade. I don't see the pick nabbing us much. Paired with Bargs, maybe we can get a decent center. Who knows.

jeffb 06-22-2011 09:42 PM

Wonder if Detroit is one of those teams?

Hamilton + #8 for ? +#5??

Then they draft either Leonard or Biyombo. Ending the night with Hamilton + Biyombo. Still would rather keep the number 5 and take Knight or Walker though.

But, if Knight isn't there @ #5, and they don't want Walker i'd move down if a decent trade is there for us.

0nekhmer 06-22-2011 09:44 PM

i could see BC trading our 5th + somebody to Utah for Gordon Hayward + 12th pick. wouldn't mind that :D BC wanted him last season

Dark Knight 06-22-2011 09:59 PM

I have no confidence whatsoever in Biyombo. None. Sorry.

jeffb 06-22-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 551311)
I have no confidence whatsoever in Biyombo. None. Sorry.

Me either and anyone that does is kidding themselves since the guy is such an unknown. But with a lower pick it might be worth the risk. I'd rather just trade for a second pick and keep #5. If we could get a good deal then take Leonard then i might me ok with that.

dfunkie1 06-22-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 551314)
Me either and anyone that does is kidding themselves since the guy is such an unknown. But with a lower pick it might be worth the risk. I'd rather just trade for a second pick and keep #5. If we could get a good deal then take Leonard then i might me ok with that.

you'd have to be pretty stupid if you believed that biyombo is a complete unknown to the scouts and staff if they're contemplating drafting him in the lottery.

EggsToTheBBQ 06-22-2011 10:06 PM

Biyombo looks a lot like Reggie on offense - you really just want him to give the ball to someone else.

I'm all for drafting someone that's interested in playing D, but he should also not be a complete waste on offense.

If the Raptors draft or trade for Biyombo I'll assume that they think they can teach him to shoot FTs and some basic post moves.

jeffb 06-22-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackson Filth (Post 551319)
you'd have to be pretty stupid if you believed that biyombo is a complete unknown to the scouts and staff if they're contemplating drafting him in the lottery.

In this draft it's no surprise. Let's face it a good draft and he's in the 20's somewhere. Everytime i hear anyone talk about him, including Colangelo all i hear is that he's a virtual unknown because he really only started getting attention after the Nike Hoops summit.

box92 06-22-2011 10:08 PM

I guess he really want Biyombo, so hes probably willing to trade down, just so it doesnt look as much of a stretch picking him a few spots later

Windex 06-22-2011 10:14 PM

BC thinking like me... smart

the talent between 3-12 is close. not much of a diffrence.

jeffb 06-22-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by box1992 (Post 551323)
I guess he really want Biyombo, so hes probably willing to trade down, just so it doesnt look as much of a stretch picking him a few spots later

If Knight doesn't fall to us, then yes i'd say we probably move down and get either Leonard or Biyombo.

pzabby 06-22-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windex (Post 551328)
BC thinking like me... smart

the talent between 3-12 is close. not much of a diffrence.

5-12 more like it

dfunkie1 06-22-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 551322)
In this draft it's no surprise. Let's face it a good draft and he's in the 20's somewhere. Everytime i hear anyone talk about him, including Colangelo all i hear is that he's a virtual unknown because he really only started getting attention after the Nike Hoops summit.

the nike hoops summit brought his attention to us, it doesn't mean that all the NBA scouts in europe had no idea who this kid is.

him being drafted 20th any other year means nothing considering how he fairs in this years draft. do you think leonard would be a lottery pick any other year? he was borderline with barnes, sullinger and the jones kids in the draft and that was still considered a weak draft.

DocHoliday99 06-22-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0nekhmer (Post 551304)
i could see BC trading our 5th + somebody to Utah for Gordon Hayward + 12th pick. wouldn't mind that :D BC wanted him last season

I would take that. At 6'8" Haywood has really good D and can shoot the 3...He would look good on the Raps as both he and DD could switch off.

HOWEVER....I like NBAdraft.net, the picks are:

1)Irving
2)Williams
3)Kanter
4)Jonas
5)Knight

Can't see it going down that way though. I'm guessing..

1)Irving
2)Kanter (as per RealGM)
3)Knight or Williams
4)Williams or Knight (BPA, if Knight they trade for another piece)
5)Kemba

;) of course if we traded our 5th to Utah they would take Williams then go after Kemba. I think Bismack would be available at the 12. Like BC stated, depends on how the draft goes down that will determine any trade

VanCity 06-22-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 551322)
In this draft it's no surprise. Let's face it a good draft and he's in the 20's somewhere. Everytime i hear anyone talk about him, including Colangelo all i hear is that he's a virtual unknown because he really only started getting attention after the Nike Hoops summit.

ya but so would walker...so whats your point? your all over him...

virtually no one in any draft is a lock to be a good player...no one can predict a players ability ability to motivate themselves to get the most out of their potential...thats just the way it is...

so when a guy that scouts players for a living and thinks a kid's got potential, i wouldn't question it...like it or not, thats the person that can best predict what a player can or cannot do...

and iam gonna stop doubting colangelo because his draft record isnt that shabby...drafting derozan & ed davis, looking back they should have been drafted in the top 5....and drafting bargs, which actually wasnt too bad of a pick given who was projected to go in the top 5....it would be stupid to draft aldridge 1st overall to play backup to a freshly resigned bosh...and i dont really need to say anything about roy....

Windex 06-22-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanCity (Post 551345)

and iam gonna stop doubting colangelo because his draft record isnt that shabby...drafting derozan & ed davis, looking back they should have been drafted in the top 5....and drafting bargs, which actually wasnt too bad of a pick given who was projected to go in the top 5....it would be stupid to draft aldridge 1st overall to play backup to a freshly resigned bosh...and i dont really need to say anything about roy....

Rudy Gay

Don Vito 06-22-2011 10:36 PM

Looks like he wants to draft Bismack. He knows he'll fall past the fifth pick so it does make sense to get a package deal.

VanCity 06-22-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windex (Post 551348)
Rudy Gay

no one had rudy gay in the top 5...adam morrison, sheldon williams and tyrus thomas were all rated better than him..


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24