Raps Likely To Buy Out Peja
Old 12-18-2010, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,518
Representing:
Raptors Raps Likely To Buy Out Peja



Quote:
The Raptors continue to explore possible trades for recently acquired Peja Stojakovic and his expiring $15 million salary, but sources close to the situation say with increasingly regularity that Stojakovic is far more likely to be bought out by Toronto than dealt again.

Financial flexibility to take into the NBA's new frontier of the next labor agreement would appear to appeal more to the Raps than taking on long-term salary.
Weekend Dime: Latest Melo Drama - ESPN
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
fresh n' spicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: mississauga
Posts: 998
Representing:
Default

:facepalm: fucking peja and his injuries, peja is not a man he cant play through pain. maybe if he was healthy we would be able to trade him
fresh n' spicy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,223
Representing:
Default

personally i think a buyout is pointless
we'd be spending money for him to leave when he'd be a free agent at the end of the season and would leave then without us having to pay anything
at this point we're not even trying to move up the standings, this year is for development of the youth, so what's the difference, just leave him as 1 of the inactive guys on the team
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
playoffs please dont end

FTMFW
 
Shifty.py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,731
Representing:
Default

Can't see the benefit in buying Peja out before trade deadline. Never know when opportunity might present itself
Shifty.py is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty.py View Post
Can't see the benefit in buying Peja out before trade deadline. Never know when opportunity might present itself
Ya I agree.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,017
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
personally i think a buyout is pointless
we'd be spending money for him to leave when he'd be a free agent at the end of the season and would leave then without us having to pay anything
at this point we're not even trying to move up the standings, this year is for development of the youth, so what's the difference, just leave him as 1 of the inactive guys on the team
+1

Unless they know his injury is worse and he's done for the season. But otherwise it would be stupid.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,239
Representing:
Default

I think there considering a buy out because peja's contract can be bought out much less then what it actually is, so wed be saving money that can be used during the offseason.
Blaze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,107
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh n' spicy View Post
:facepalm: fucking peja and his injuries, peja is not a man he cant play through pain. maybe if he was healthy we would be able to trade him
I think you have no clue what pain is and what toughness is and you shouldn't question Peja. IMO he is tough to play through what he has in past
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
kicking himself for being so emotionally invested in the Roller-coaster Raptors

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,512
Representing:
Default

Even if Peja is injured, we shouldn't buy him out. His expiring contract is still valuable, and we'll save what, 3-6 million with a buyout? It's pointless, and it's a money decision, not a basketball decision.
BballWatcher is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
kicking himself for being so emotionally invested in the Roller-coaster Raptors

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,512
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
I think you have no clue what pain is and what toughness is and you shouldn't question Peja. IMO he is tough to play through what he has in past
Genital reassignment surgery?
BballWatcher is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
fresh n' spicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: mississauga
Posts: 998
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BballWatcher View Post
Genital reassignment surgery?
fresh n' spicy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,561
Representing:
Default

This is stupid, why do we need to buy him out. His salary expires this off-season anyways. We're just going to be wasting cash.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
I think you have no clue what pain is and what toughness is and you shouldn't question Peja. IMO he is tough to play through what he has in past
I kinda have to agree. too many "fans" think they know everything. You don't make it to the elite level of ANY pro sport if you're a "pussy"
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,017
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
I kinda have to agree. too many "fans" think they know everything. You don't make it to the elite level of ANY pro sport if you're a "pussy"
haven't you called Bosh and other players a pussy.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

bosh IS a pussy.
this is a different scenario. Were talking injuries here. not personality.

A lot of pussy out there Jeffy, tons, and ya gotta know what pussy you're talking about.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,518
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
bosh IS a pussy.
this is a different scenario. Were talking injuries here. not personality.

A lot of pussy out there Jeffy, tons, and ya gotta know what pussy you're talking about.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,017
Representing:
Default

Quote:
You don't make it to the elite level of ANY pro sport if you're a "pussy"
That sounds pretty general, not just about injuries.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
the anti BC lol

Senior Member
 
leftcoastbballfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 526
Representing:
Default

Chances are no one wants Peja even with a huge expiring. For the amount of salary that he is owed on the season someone would have to give up a pretty decent player and that just is not going happen.Expirings are not as valuable as they used to be....if this was the case Eddie Curry would have been moved by now.
leftcoastbballfan is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,017
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastbballfan View Post
Chances are no one wants Peja even with a huge expiring. For the amount of salary that he is owed on the season someone would have to give up a pretty decent player and that just is not going happen.Expirings are not as valuable as they used to be....if this was the case Eddie Curry would have been moved by now.
bs


they're valuable, vc for richardson proves that. it depends on health and timing. BTW i believe Curry will be dealt by the deadline.

I still say that teams like Philly that need to dump salary (ie: Brand, Iguodala) would take Peja + Derozan or Weems/pick for Iguodala.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24