Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 97

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 109

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 120

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 132

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 201

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 378

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/class_core.php on line 2514
Raps acquire the rights to Alabi for a future 2nd round pick and cash considerations - Page 4

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > Toronto Raptors


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 06:58 AM   #61 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,070
Representing:
Default

Another nice steal getting a guy that slipped. At this point I'll be much less concerned if they don't do much next season. There is at least a sense of direction after tonight.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-25-2010, 07:27 AM   #62 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,248
Representing:
Default

JUst need to get a young pg and sf.

Augustin
George

Id be very happy
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-25-2010, 07:55 AM   #63 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

6 Man Like Lou Will
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,629
Representing:
Default

Good job. Alabi is a center that can rebound and defend. This will help, since last year didn't have a consistent center off the bench.
js12 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-25-2010, 08:29 AM   #64 (permalink)
Blazin!

Member
 
Liam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 479
Representing:
Default

Im with js12. I cant beleive that they Aquired Alabi! Yeah!! POB can pack his suitcase and just retire! Im glad they got him! I was rooting for a Center and my man BC got the Job Done! nice work!
Liam is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #65 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,580
Representing:
Default

i'm agree with you.

Alabi a good chance to have a solid center along barg (if they don't trade him)
and with davis, we have to godd defender above the ring.
rebound and block will be soon better with this two.
Bankiz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #66 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 22,015
Representing:
Default

So I am guessing Alabi wil prolly not be heere this season considering what you guys are saying about him?
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #67 (permalink)
is too lazy to respond, you win

Senior Member
 
GrannyFro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,480
Representing:
Default

I'm gonna say i do not like this alabi pick at all given robinson was on the board. I don't know what anybody would see in alabi but he seems like a classic stiff. Thin as rails, uncoordinated, and he's not even athletic. Watch all his footage, plays way below the rim. I can't see him doing anything at the nba level asside from getting bullied and dunked on. Most my favorate 2nd rounders were gone at 50th but Robinson was one of the best athletes in the draft and BC just has to go with the stiff they found in africa, a personal bias leading to the pick. Typical shit! not impressed with this one though i see most other are
GrannyFro is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-25-2010, 12:03 PM   #68 (permalink)
kicking himself for being so emotionally invested in the Roller-coaster Raptors

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,538
Representing:
Default

As someone else said, he basically takes Patrick O'Bryant's spot on the end of the bench.

At 7' and change, Alabi has a chance to develop into a solid rebounder/defender off the bench. Combined with Ed Davis, that's some young, raw talent that could potentially develop. They won't be much of a factor this season (Davis may get some minutes), but they look to be good talent to stash on the bench for the future.
BballWatcher is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-25-2010, 12:14 PM   #69 (permalink)
is too lazy to respond, you win

Senior Member
 
GrannyFro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,480
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BballWatcher View Post
As someone else said, he basically takes Patrick O'Bryant's spot on the end of the bench.

At 7' and change, Alabi has a chance to develop into a solid rebounder/defender off the bench. Combined with Ed Davis, that's some young, raw talent that could potentially develop. They won't be much of a factor this season (Davis may get some minutes), but they look to be good talent to stash on the bench for the future.
thats fine how we have a roster spot at the end of the bench to develope somebody cheap but why did it have to be a stiff that will likely never have the skillset to play in the nba. Takes more then seven feet to defend, rebound, block shots. Not to repeat myself but he reminds me of what dalembert would be like if he couldnt get off the ground. Its not pretty. Robinson at the least has an NBA ready body and one of the highest max reach's of any wing player in the draft.
If BC and his homies didn't find this kid in a third world country i dont think they'd take him.
GrannyFro is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-25-2010, 12:22 PM   #70 (permalink)
rb
let the games begin

Senior Member
 
rb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vaughan
Posts: 971
Representing:
Default

Solid pickup for the Raptors. On the other hand I can't believe Bradley went to the Celtics. The kids gonna flourish in Boston's system, and will surely become a lockdown defender.
rb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #71 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,835
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
So I am guessing Alabi wil prolly not be heere this season considering what you guys are saying about him?
I think he will be here. Might not get much time and might even see the NBDL a little bit but he should be here. Will be a learning experience for him in the first year.
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #72 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,375
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyFro View Post
I'm gonna say i do not like this alabi pick at all given robinson was on the board. I don't know what anybody would see in alabi but he seems like a classic stiff. Thin as rails, uncoordinated, and he's not even athletic. Watch all his footage, plays way below the rim. I can't see him doing anything at the nba level asside from getting bullied and dunked on. Most my favorate 2nd rounders were gone at 50th but Robinson was one of the best athletes in the draft and BC just has to go with the stiff they found in africa, a personal bias leading to the pick. Typical shit! not impressed with this one though i see most other are
I know very little about Alabi. To be honest, I didn't catch as much college ball as I would have liked this year and I haven't followed the prospects as much as previous drafts.

I'm going to take note of what you said. I don't mean that in a bad way; it will just be interesting to see if one of the only people going against the grain ends up being right. You've got me wondering if Alabi will just be Adonal Foyle 2.0. That is, a smart dude who isn't necessarily all that good at basketball. But at the 50th spot, and on a tiny pay cheque, Adonal Foyle 2.0 ain't that bad.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #73 (permalink)
is too lazy to respond, you win

Senior Member
 
GrannyFro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,480
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmChairGM View Post
I know very little about Alabi. To be honest, I didn't catch as much college ball as I would have liked this year and I haven't followed the prospects as much as previous drafts.

I'm going to take note of what you said. I don't mean that in a bad way; it will just be interesting to see if one of the only people going against the grain ends up being right. You've got me wondering if Alabi will just be Adonal Foyle 2.0. That is, a smart dude who isn't necessarily all that good at basketball. But at the 50th spot, and on a tiny pay cheque, Adonal Foyle 2.0 ain't that bad.
i know very little of him too but i've looked at his highlights on youtube plus seen him in workout vids(combine+raps workout) and i'm not impressed. Uncoordinated, sooo slow looking, and rail thin. not sure his shotblocking talent will translate to the nba. Would have prefered robinson or warren with the pick. I know its not huge if alabi's a bust but i can't help but think they made this based on their personal bias towards alabi .

I actually hope he succeeds even though i dont want to look like a goof for saying that he won't. He seems like a good person who will donate to his family in africa but that is one robotic bigman.
GrannyFro is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24