Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Rafael Ara˙jo (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/rafael-araujo-24240.html)

Raptors1995 12-10-2012 08:58 PM

Rafael Ara˙jo
 
Before watching the video, who do you guys think would win a jump ball between Nate Robinson and Rafael Araujo?

Was Rafael Ara˙jo the worst draft pick in franchise history?


LX 12-10-2012 08:59 PM

Nate easy.

Nites 12-10-2012 09:01 PM

Hoffa is 6'11" 270 pounds. He is a very powerful man who has world class athleticism for a man of his immense size. That being said I'd say Nate.

TORaptor4Ever 12-10-2012 09:03 PM

Sometimes I wonder what Haffa could have become had he been given 1/10th of the chances that Bargs has had in his time here.

jeffb 12-10-2012 09:03 PM

Haffa is easily the worst pick this team has ever had.

Acie 12-10-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 718605)
Haffa is easily the worst pick this team has ever had.

Easily?

Raptors1995 12-10-2012 09:07 PM

The worst draft pick considering where he was picked. He didn't deserve a nickname. "HOFFA" :lol:

"Brazilian Beast"

Nites 12-10-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 718605)
Haffa is easily the worst pick this team has ever had.

Hoffa

jeffb 12-10-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acie (Post 718606)
Easily?

Very easily, especially considering where he was drafted and where this team was at the time. Absolutely!

Claudius 12-10-2012 09:13 PM

Chris Jefferies anyone? There's one pick that was worse than Araujo. There's a few more. Alex Radojevic was terrible too.

Acie 12-10-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 718614)
Very easily, especially considering where he was drafted and where this team was at the time. Absolutely!

Chris Jefferies, Aleksandar Radojevic and Michael Bradley were all pretty bad you know, so he's not easily the worst.

jeffb 12-10-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acie (Post 718618)
Chris Jefferies, Aleksandar Radojevic and Michael Bradley were all pretty bad you know, so he's not easily the worst.

For me he is

TORaptor4Ever 12-10-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 718605)
Haffa is easily the worst pick this team has ever had.

Your memory needs work Jeff.

Aleksandar Radojević: 15 career games in the NBA. Shot 31% and avgd. 1.7 pts and 2.3 rebs in about 11 min/gm. Dude was gone from the league after 2 seasons.

Michael Bradley: Career avgs of 3 & 3. Played for 5 teams in 5 seasons and was near useless.


EDIT: Forgot about Jeffries. He was pretty horrid too.

Acie 12-10-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudius (Post 718615)
Chris Jefferies anyone? There's one pick that was worse than Araujo. There's a few more. Alex Radojevic was terrible too.

Beat me to it. :yeah:

jeffb 12-10-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 718621)
Your memory needs work Jeff.

Aleksandar Radojević: 15 career games in the NBA. Shot 31% and avgd. 1.7 pts and 2.3 rebs in about 11 min/gm.

Michael Bradley: Career avgs of 3 & 3. Played for 5 teams in 5 seasons and was near useless.

Bradley was picked 17th which is a much bigger crap shoot than 8th. I still say that when Hoffa was drafted, considering where were as an organization it was a massive blunder that set this franchise back years. Those two players imo did not. Araujo wish he played 5yrs in the NBA, even if it was 5 teams. lol

jeffb 12-10-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acie (Post 718618)
Chris Jefferies

wasn't he picked late in the 1st round?

Superjudge 12-10-2012 09:25 PM

Meh, he was pegged by most as the most nba ready big in the Draft, Toronto desperately needed an nba big. He was a fairly decent pick. The Draft is a gamble guys... He just didn't pan out.

Raptors1995 12-10-2012 09:27 PM

We technically drafted Johnathan Bender, but it was really more like Indiana's pick.

TORaptor4Ever 12-10-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 718626)
Bradley was picked 17th which is a much bigger crap shoot than 8th. I still say that when Hoffa was drafted, considering where were as an organization it was a massive blunder that set this franchise back years. Those two players imo did not. Araujo wish he played 5yrs in the NBA, even if it was 5 teams. lol

Bosh was getting mutilated down low as a young kid trying to play C.

Everyone wants to say that Iggy was a "no brainer" but we had Vince, Jalen and Mo Pete at the wing spots.

We needed a big man.

Haffa went to a decent school and had some big games against OTHER big programs. He had an NBA-ready body and was capable of banging with the biggest guys in the league (which he did).

I remember him playing very well against guys like Zach and Brand... guys who just toyed with our bigs otherwise.

Araujo, like Babcock, will continue to be a scapegoat and take the blame when it really should be placed on Vince. Him demanding a trade is what REALLY set our franchise back years.

The Bargs pick was another one.

MikeToronto 12-10-2012 09:28 PM

Araujo - because of how high he was picked.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24