Race To The MVP Feb 12 2010
Old 02-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
KABOOOOOOOSHHHH

straight out of COMPTON
 
CB4Real's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,284
Representing:
Thumbs up Race To The MVP Feb 12 2010

Quote:
4. Chris Bosh, Raptors (29-23)

Last Week's Rank - 8
Bosh finished strong for the Raptors before the break, totaling 59 points on 22-of-33 shooting with 23 rebounds and eight assists in their two most recent victories. Maybe Bosh and Durant can put a little friendly wager in play, with their rankings in The Race, when they butt heads twice this weekend (Bosh will serve as assistant coach of the second-year players in the Rookie Challenge and then, of course, will clash with Durant in the big game on Sunday.)
Source:http://www.nba.com/2010/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1


CB4Real is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,317
Representing:
Default

Nice. Only a little while longer till he is number 1
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
El Guapo

The Problem Solver
 
Sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,407
Representing:
Default

Awesome!

But sorry Gurk ... he'll never be #1 as long as the Lakers and the Cavs keep winning. Kobe or Lebron have this award wrapped up.
Sauce is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Dont forget young mr durant.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,789
Representing:
Default

He won't get it, but it's great to see him in the top5!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,317
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
Awesome!

But sorry Gurk ... he'll never be #1 as long as the Lakers and the Cavs keep winning. Kobe or Lebron have this award wrapped up.
Yea I know. I was just having some fun. Hopefully Cavs lose al of their next games and Raps win them all
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,311
Representing:
Default

Kobe is not going to get it. Lebron by a mile.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Bmats7
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Top 5 best player in the league.

F*CK WADE moremilk . Or should i still keep quiet?
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmats7 View Post
Top 5 best player in the league.

F*CK WADE moremilk . Or should i still keep quiet?
Yeah if Steve Aschburner says so..
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Bmats7
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter View Post
Yeah if Steve Aschburner says so..
I'll take a columnist from NBA.com's opinion over an opinion from someone whos SN is more.milk.

But if more.milk says so Wade must be better?
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmats7 View Post
I'll take a columnist from NBA.com's opinion over an opinion from someone whos SN is more.milk.

But if more.milk says so Wade must be better?
it doesn't work like that, you're turning it around. you are referring to an nba columnist's opinion to prove your point, not me. I'm not putting anybody's opinion above anybody elses. That's the point I'm making. It is sometimes valid to call upon an actual authority to make a point, but in this case this authority doesn't impress me much. (What's funny about it is that half the forum is calling colleagues of his ignorant when they confidently state that Bosh will leave T-dot.)

Quote:
Appeal to authority is a fallacy of defective induction, where it is argued that a statement is correct because the statement is made by a person or source that is commonly regarded as authoritative. The most general structure of this argument is:

Source A says that p is true.
Source A is authoritative.
Therefore, p is true.

This is a fallacy because the truth or falsity of the claim is not necessarily related to the personal qualities of the claimant, and because the premises can be true, and the conclusion false (an authoritative claim can turn out to be false). It is also known as argumentum ad verecundiam (Latin: argument to respect) or ipse dixit (Latin: he himself said it). [1]

On the other hand, arguments from authority are an important part of informal logic. Since we cannot have expert knowledge of many subjects, we often rely on the judgments of those who do. There is no fallacy involved in simply arguing that the assertion made by an authority is true. The fallacy only arises when it is claimed or implied that the authority is infallible in principle and can hence be exempted from criticism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

Anyway, besides that it's subjective it's also a sample. He's 4th now but he was 8th last week. A month ago he wasn't in the top 10. Wade probably was. So if I follow your logic then Wade was better than Bosh a month ago but now Bosh is clearly the better player. Doesn't make sense.

Last edited by Mr4thQuarter; 02-12-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
ball??mask??

no ball+mask:)
 
Unbeliever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ball
Posts: 396
Representing:
Default

Not suprised at all..Well deserved

Last edited by Unbeliever; 02-12-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Unbeliever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,533
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmats7 View Post
Top 5 best player in the league.

F*CK WADE moremilk . Or should i still keep quiet?
it's pretty hard for me to tell if you're serious or not, on one hand - hopefully you're just joking around. Otherwise, I'd have to believe that you consider that particular article some kind of official ranking, and that Bosh who wasn't top 10 in this guy's ranking 3 weeks ago, somehow became an MVP after we won a few games lately.

In any case, regardless of what you believe, wade is a much better player than chris. Wade is as close to lebron as anybody else in the league, and as skilled as Kobe is, right now he's behind both lebron and wade. While you can argue this particular order, there's no question that all 3 are players of a different caliber than CB.

It's your right to believe what you want - some people believe in green little men hiding in the shadows - but I can assure you that your belief is not anchored in reality.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,533
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by •LX• View Post
Kobe is not going to get it. Lebron by a mile.
when I watched their last meeting, I realized why I'm so confused about this kobe vs lebron thing. Clearly Lebron is the more valuable of the two, he has much better stats and he has a better record with inferior teammates. And yet, every time I see kobe play well, I'm thinking he's the MVP of the league.

Lebron's game is ugly. It's brute strength, his shot is ugly, his dribble is ugly, It's a brutally efficient game - but there's no artistic quality to it. His passes are also ugly, even while they're very effective. The only thing in his game that is beautiful is his speed and agility in the open court, but against good teams you don't see that too often.

On the other hand, Kobe's offensive game has a very high artistic quality to it, while being nearly as efficient as lebron's. And his game is incredibly polished and skilled. However, he's nowhere near as interested into passing, and his body language is often disgusting - you can clearly see that he doesn't give a shit about anybody on the floor. He's a bit improved as a teammate, but he's still 95% the old Kobe, just does a better job hiding it.

But the bottom line is that I'd rather see kobe play over lebron, any day of the week.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

wow. beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess I think Kobe's game is ugly and LeBron's is as his coach would say "fun to watch"
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
is waiting for the season to start

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,227
Representing:
Default

It's just nice to see Chris in the top 5 thats AMAZING. Out of 30 teams we have one of the top 5 players on the Raps.

My personal order would be (winning % aside):

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Wade
4. Durant
5. Bosh
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24