Project Centres - Page 2
Old 06-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #21 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,786
Representing:
Unhappy

OY! This draft can't be over fast enough.

Quote:
• The Raptors, who agreed in principle Monday with defensive-minded coach Dwane Casey to replace Jay Triano, are sending out signals that they’re all about Bismack Biyombo with the fifth pick, but rival executives are skeptical. One such exec is banking on Toronto taking 6-11 forward Jan Vesely, regarded as the best international prospect in the draft.
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.co...38893/30162715
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #22 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,546
Representing:
Default

biyombo!
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:25 AM   #23 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,786
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
biyombo!
+1

jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,546
Representing:
Default

biyombo, light of my life, fire of my loins. my sin, my soul. bi-yom-bo: the breath of air taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the lips. bi. yom. bo.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #25 (permalink)
waiting...

Member
 
myklue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 463
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
It's huge area of need. Plus it was about taking the best player available? And the last thing we need is a risky draft pick. That never ends well for us!
agreed.
myklue is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #26 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,834
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
biyombo, light of my life, fire of my loins. my sin, my soul. bi-yom-bo: the breath of air taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the lips. bi. yom. bo.
Are we drafting a shot blocker or a pre-teen?
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #27 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,786
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
Are we drafting a shot blocker or a pre-teen?
Shot blocker! The new age Shaq is on his way to white vegas.

Because that's how we roll.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #28 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,546
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
Are we drafting a shot blocker or a pre-teen?
we're drafting a fetish.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:15 AM   #29 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,853
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
It's huge area of need. Plus it was about taking the best player available? And the last thing we need is a risky draft pick. That never ends well for us!
obviously we differ on this. firstly i think as a starter bayless is an unknown commodity (much like a draft player,) but showed he could be excellent. if he continues that way we've effectively wasted our draft pick if we go PG. because we would just have 2 raw PGs who can score. Best player available, who the hell is that!? that's the problem.

using our 5th pick in a weakish draft (i actually think the depth seems really good, just low on obvious huge talent,) as trade bait could be the best thing to do. Get our must have player through a trade and use our pick for an unknown commodity?

if "risky" draft picks haven't worked well in past it's about time our luck changed!
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:20 AM   #30 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,786
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
obviously we differ on this. firstly i think as a starter bayless is an unknown commodity (much like a draft player,) but showed he could be excellent. if he continues that way we've effectively wasted our draft pick if we go PG. because we would just have 2 raw PGs who can score. Best player available, who the hell is that!? that's the problem.

using our 5th pick in a weakish draft (i actually think the depth seems really good, just low on obvious huge talent,) as trade bait could be the best thing to do. Get our must have player through a trade and use our pick for an unknown commodity?

if "risky" draft picks haven't worked well in past it's about time our luck changed!
Unknown commodity as we're trying to rebuild through the draft and struggle attracting players? That seems like a great formula for success and future signings. You're right we differ on this.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:46 AM   #31 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,853
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Unknown commodity as we're trying to rebuild through the draft and struggle attracting players? That seems like a great formula for success and future signings. You're right we differ on this.
i'm not dead against walker, from what i've though read i'd prefer knight (may not have that option.)

i've got a mindset towards us improving big-time next season, might be an error on my part, others would prefer another building year. maybe i'm too optimistic but i feel like one blockbuster trade involving trading down and getting in a good, possibly SF scorer, experienced but not old player would have us competitive next year.

if we draft kemba i'll get right behind him and hope his scoring helps us (more than bayless' was already,) and that his D and passing keep evovling as some have suggested it will.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #32 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,218
Representing:
Default

i'd like to upgrade the PG or get a good defensive big
but the problem here is if we're all so high on guys like Ed Davis, Amir, Bargnani is still part of the core team and reggie may be back for vet experience and he needs PT, then where would the big man draftee play anyways
Admiral is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #33 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,786
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
i'd like to upgrade the PG or get a good defensive big
but the problem here is if we're all so high on guys like Ed Davis, Amir, Bargnani is still part of the core team and reggie may be back for vet experience and he needs PT, then where would the big man draftee play anyways
If we draft a Center, we currently only have a total of 0.5 Centers. Lol

And if we draft a PF (which seems unlikely) Evans would be history if he isn't already.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #34 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,218
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
If we draft a Center, we currently only have a total of 0.5 Centers. Lol

And if we draft a PF (which seems unlikely) Evans would be history if he isn't already.
i'm still more high on our current bigs than i am with our guards, i still want a PG in the draft if possible, especially in a PG driven league
Admiral is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:55 PM   #35 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,786
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
i'm still more high on our current bigs than i am with our guards, i still want a PG in the draft if possible, especially in a PG driven league
Beyond Davis/Amir we have nothing up front worth bragging about. But i must say i also want a PG.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24