Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Priorities This Offseason (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/priorities-offseason-19600.html)

Thug 03-06-2011 11:10 PM

Priorities This Offseason
 
Obviously, this summer is going to be a crucial time period in determining what changes, if any are made to the team for next season.

What do you think should be the top three priorities this coming offseason?

I'll list mine

1. Extend Colangelo

2. Trade Andrea Bargnani and/or Jose Calderon

3. Draft Night

KollegeKid 03-06-2011 11:11 PM

1. Extend Colangelo & fire Triano.

2. Sign Yao Ming. :dancing:

3. Draft Kyrie Irving.

jeffb 03-06-2011 11:14 PM

1. Extend BC
2. Fire Triano
3. Draft Irving, Jones or Barnes
4. Trade Jose/Bargs
5. Go hard after one of the Centers available via FA

FoldedLaundry 03-06-2011 11:32 PM

1. Extend BC
2. Look at what we have and trade expirings
3. Make solid trades
4. Draft players at positions what need improvement
5. Look at FA and see if a deal can be made
6. Watch out for new CBA

BballWatcher 03-06-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 517475)
1. Extend BC
2. Fire Triano
3. Draft Irving, Jones or Barnes
4. Trade Jose/Bargs
5. Go hard after one of the Centers available via FA

Bargs is probably better than both of those guys are going to be, and probably most of the FA centers too, who will undoubtedly be overpaid.

jeffb 03-06-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BballWatcher (Post 517477)
Bargs is probably better than both of those guys are going to be, and probably most of the FA centers too, who will undoubtedly be overpaid.

I'm tired of our so called Center chucking threes and not blocking shots, not rebounding, not improving on defence. Just because he can score 20ppg taking 18 shots per game doesn't mean we should keep him. IMO at the very least he needs to play @ PF with Davis playing behind him and true center needs to be brought in one way or another, maybe you have to trade Amir then. But i'm tired of Bargnani, he's the most frustrating player we have by far and six seasons for me is enough. It also depends on what we would be able to get for Bargnani. BTW i was talking about T. Jones not Perry Jones. We don't need another PF.

Snooch 03-06-2011 11:43 PM

mpst of the fa centers are restricted. so planning on signing one is a terrible idea

jeffb 03-06-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snooch (Post 517480)
mpst of the fa centers are restricted. so planning on signing one is a terrible idea

We need one, which ever way it happens other then drafting one. It is our biggest need. Well right up there with the 1 & 3 spots. Very depressing!!!

finstock 03-07-2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 517475)
1. Extend BC
2. Fire Triano
3. Draft Irving, Jones or Barnes
4. Trade Jose/Bargs
5. Go hard after one of the Centers available via FA

This. Except I wouldn't make it a priority to extend BC. I'd look elsewhere to be honest. In the direction of Kevin Pritchard.

VanCity 03-07-2011 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneironaught (Post 517486)
This. Except I wouldn't make it a priority to extend BC. I'd look elsewhere to be honest. In the direction of Kevin Pritchard.

its stunning how no one talks about him...he's built a team that is always among the top teams in the west even though they are missing missing their star player...that team is built amazingly...and his ability to find gems outside of the lottery...

except, i dont think bargnani should be traded but the team should'nt be built around him either...he can be a great 2nd option....he just isnt the franchise player bc had visioned & i dont think thats too bad of a situation give his salary...

and i really hope Kleiza is dealt...

Toby 03-07-2011 01:21 AM

draft Perry Jones

Toby 03-07-2011 01:22 AM

Kevin Pritchard rules, you should try and hire that dude.

komot 03-07-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 517475)
1. Extend BC
2. Fire Triano
3. Draft Irving, Jones or Barnes
4. Trade Jose/Bargs
5. Go hard after one of the Centers available via FA

1+ or if we don't trade bargs we need to move him to the bench or away from C, his liabilities were exposed this season and we saw how good a back court of amir+davis were, ignoring the scoring deficiencies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 517491)
Kevin Pritchard rules, you should try and hire that dude.

1+ his firing from portland was really a strange one given the team he built. he truly knows how to build from the draft.

Toby 03-07-2011 01:26 AM

Ya'll need interior defenders, Ed Davis is the Lone Ranger in the paint for you guys on D. If Bargs want's to play like a SF, then so be it. Put him there.

Blazers waived the injured Jeff Pendergraph. But he should be rip roarin' and ready by this summer. He'd be a good floor general off the bench for you guys.
*note: Jeff was playing terrific in the Summer League before his injury

finstock 03-07-2011 01:29 AM

I particularly liked what I heard from Pritchard earlier this week:

Quote:

Towards the close of yesterday's basketball analytics panel, Mark Cuban and Kevin Pritchard showed their cards in terms of fast-tracking a franchise rebuilding project.

Cuban confessed that once Dirk Nowitzki retires he expects the Mavericks to lose, and, if he gets his way, they'll lose badly. Kevin Pritchard seemed to agree and introduced a new term into our lexicons: "the mediocrity treadmill."
Mark Cuban hopes to lose, and lose badly, someday - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN

BballWatcher 03-07-2011 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 517478)
I'm tired of our so called Center chucking threes and not blocking shots, not rebounding, not improving on defence.

Me too, but he's still one of the better centers in the NBA aside from the elite few. I'd be all for trying to underpay Oden off of injury, but we'd need to keep Barney as inevitable insurance for the coming re-injury.


Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 517478)
Just because he can score 20ppg taking 18 shots per game doesn't mean we should keep him.

22ppg on 18 shots. That does make a difference... Bargs is a sieve on D, a shitty rebounder and disappears at times, but, again, he's better than most of what's out there!

carp 03-07-2011 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 517491)
Kevin Pritchard rules, you should try and hire that dude.

How does Pritchard rule? Roy has no knees left and is on a max deal.... Oden is a bigger bust than Bowie. Not all is rosy.... he's also had bad trades..... but is generally a great talent evaluator for the draft.... Colangelo has shown similar ability with limited picks. Grass isn't that much greener. Pritchard also wore his welcome out by taking all the credit and pissing others in the organization off.

Metallikid 03-07-2011 04:20 AM

Are priorities are as they always were - make the team better. And to be honest BC knows how to do that a hell of a lot better than any of us do. Instead I'll offer a little prediction because I think this will legitimately be a precondition for us doing well in the playoffs. We need one of these three things to happen: for us to acquire a defensively dominant centre so Bargs can play PF full-time and guard opposing sf/pfs on D, for Bargs to stop acting in a daze and start averaging 24pts/8+rbs/1.5+blk, or for our overall talent level to be high enough so that Bargs becomes our sixth-man.

jeffb 03-07-2011 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BballWatcher (Post 517496)

22ppg on 18 shots. That does make a difference... Bargs is a sieve on D, a shitty rebounder and disappears at times, but, again, he's better than most of what's out there!

I'm tired of having a big be the center of our offense. I would rather have a defensive minded Center that doesn't always need the ball and let our wings and or our PG get 20ppg. For the last 7 years a big has taken the majority of our shots year in year out and for the most part. Take away a chunk of bargnani's shots and what do we have? You have somebody i know i don't want anymore.

archie63 03-07-2011 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 517507)
I'm tired of having a big be the center of our offense. I would rather have a defensive minded Center that doesn't always need the ball and let our wings and or our PG get 20ppg. For the last 7 years a big has taken the majority of our shots year in year out and for the most part. Take away a chunk of bargnani's shots and what do we have? You have somebody i know i don't want anymore.

Maybe you're right but where're all this wing players that can score 20 ppg?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24