Pressure is on Casey
Old 01-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,223
Representing:
Raptors Pressure is on Casey

With this trade even more rests on his shoulders. If our team fails to improve their record I don't know how you cannot fire him because there's no one else to blame. This'll be worse if we trade Bargnani for someone good too (Josh Smith anyone?).
Blaze is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,537
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
With this trade even more rests on his shoulders. If our team fails to improve their record I don't know how you cannot fire him because there's no one else to blame. This'll be worse if we trade Bargnani for someone good too (Josh Smith anyone?).
He'll have next season after we add some depth this summer. He's going nowhere. All bets are off though if BC is fired.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
He'll have next season after we add some depth this summer. He's going nowhere. All bets are off though if BC is fired.
I see BC looking to save his job if this doesn't pan out by firing Casey.
Blaze is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Scully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 872
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
With this trade even more rests on his shoulders. If our team fails to improve their record I don't know how you cannot fire him because there's no one else to blame. This'll be worse if we trade Bargnani for someone good too (Josh Smith anyone?).
How is this on Casey? THe guy has been running with a bench front court for month and has been putting his team in competitive position for the most part. When this team has failed it has been in 4th qrt. Triano had this same team and we were down 12-20 going into almost every 4th qrt. You want to win games you need to establish a system, it doesn't happen over night.

The problem now is who is rebounding for this team, and how are we going to score in the paint, and how are we going to get through the 4th now that our rotation is that much shorter. Those problems fall on personnel not coaching.
Scully is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully View Post
How is this on Casey? THe guy has been running with a bench front court for month and has been putting his team in competitive position for the most part. When this team has failed it has been in 4th qrt. Triano had this same team and we were down 12-20 going into almost every 4th qrt. You want to win games you need to establish a system, it doesn't happen over night.

The problem now is who is rebounding for this team, and how are we going to score in the paint, and how are we going to get through the 4th now that our rotation is that much shorter. Those problems fall on personnel not coaching.
My point was the blame cannot fall on anyone else but him now.

Either way there is so much to blame on Casey I don't even know where to start. I'll use todays game for example. Our defensive specialist coach decides to play a zone that left Kyle Korver, the leader NBA 3 point percentage wide open through out the entire game. The other teams announcers were baffled needless to say.

Do you know why we fail to win in the fourth? Lack of an offensive system. The list continues to grow of games we've lost because he can't draw up a simple inbounds play. If we hadn't gotten lucky today and gotten an extra timeout because of the refs, we would have lost when we were forced to call a timeout because it would have been a five seconds. Instead we get what is a third chance in total for Casey to draw up a winning play, and of course as always we don't get an easy shot or even an okay shot. A John Lucas wide open three that he drew up this season has been the sole open shot we've gotten because of him in the fourth in clutch situations in the two years he's been here.

I said it before and I'll say it again, we will never be a contending franchise with him because he is frankly an assistant level coach.
Blaze is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
zxcvbn193
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Bargnani is now oficially useless to this team. We play fast with DD and Gay on the wings and with Lowry running the plays. JV will be rebounding doing putbacks and playing some pick'n'roll. He won't fit offensively and would suck on defense.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Scully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 872
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
My point was the blame cannot fall on anyone else but him now.

Either way there is so much to blame on Casey I don't even know where to start. I'll use todays game for example. Our defensive specialist coach decides to play a zone that left Kyle Korver, the leader NBA 3 point percentage wide open through out the entire game. The other teams announcers were baffled needless to say.

Do you know why we fail to win in the fourth? Lack of an offensive system. The list continues to grow of games we've lost because he can't draw up a simple inbounds play. If we hadn't gotten lucky today and gotten an extra timeout because of the refs, we would have lost when we were forced to call a timeout because it would have been a five seconds. Instead we get what is a third chance in total for Casey to draw up a winning play, and of course as always we don't get an easy shot or even an okay shot. A John Lucas wide open three that he drew up this season has been the sole open shot we've gotten because of him in the fourth in clutch situations in the two years he's been here.

I said it before and I'll say it again, we will never be a contending franchise with him because he is frankly an assistant level coach.
Any time you lose by a point, it falls on luck and execution. I don't know if you noticed but this team has very little option on the offensive end on a regular night. Tonight Grey and Amir were the only Bigs and our starting PG is gone the guy who has been the primary play maker for the last 4 years. And your shitting on the coach because a nine man rotation can't keep up with the swing in a zone. They lost by a point! Against a team who's core has been together under the same coach for what at least 4 years. You gotta see your being a little irrational.
Scully is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default

Can't fire the guy when you make a big trade like this mid-season.... He should have at least a FULL season with his team before you judge him. IMO.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully View Post
Any time you lose by a point, it falls on luck and execution. I don't know if you noticed but this team has very little option on the offensive end on a regular night. Tonight Grey and Amir were the only Bigs and our starting PG is gone the guy who has been the primary play maker for the last 4 years. And your shitting on the coach because a nine man rotation can't keep up with the swing in a zone. They lost by a point! Against a team who's core has been together under the same coach for what at least 4 years. You gotta see your being a little irrational.
What does having a depleted roster have to do with HIS decision to go zone and leave the corners completely wide open. Doesn't matter if you had the NBA allstars, it's his choice to go zone which kept resulting in open threes. Even if the allstars kept messing up, it's on the coach to change game plan to something that works, something that isn't beating your team.

Furthermore, regardless of how many guys they had, in the end it was that last shot so everything prior to that is irrelevant at that point. So for all intensive purposes he had to draw up one play for our guys ( depleted personel doesn't matter at this point cause you can only have five guys on the court). If we had got a good look it would be our players fault but we didn't even get that much.

Regardless, you say we lost because of our guys, so we didn't execute well because we had shit guys today, (which btw Ed doesn't play in clutch and Jose sometimes does or doesn't depending on Lowery so personel would have been the same) so I'll give that to you. So this game will chalk up to poor luck.

I said earlier I was only giving you an example and I used the most relevant at hand. Now without this game, how many games have we lost since last season have we lost because the final possession Casey couldn't draw up a play to get a good shot or even inbound the ball? I wish I kept track for reference but I promise you it's at least 20 games. You can take my word for it but you don't have to if you've watched games this season because of all the close games we've lost.

You could choose to blame all those games on personel, which would be a gross exaggeration of how bad our team actually is that we can seldom pull a clutch play based on our talent. But if you do, then considering we now have a legit closer and we are probably going to make another trade to improve the team, meaning our personel are now sufficiently talented to execute a clutch play, then if we continue to fail in those situations you can't continue to blame them. The only person left to blame is Casey. Bringing this back full circle to my original point that now if the team fails it's on Casey. This of course extends to other aspects of the game and is not solely reliant on clutch situations but I was just making a point.

Last edited by Blaze; 01-30-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Blaze is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Casey is garbage. Never ever gave Ed the chance to prove himself or shine. If Ed actually got playing time instead of his "Hell or High water" guy maybe we wouldn't be in such a desperation mode.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24