|10-24-2013, 01:11 AM||#1 (permalink)|
6 Man Like Lou Will
Join Date: Mar 2010
After the televised games, what are your thoughts?
Overall, this team is a bit worse than I expected.
1. The backup point guard position is much weaker than I thought. DJ looks very weak on defense, and Dwight Buycks looks like a end of the bench guy. I am not confident at all when Lowry takes a break for a few minutes or gets injured.
2. Rudy and K-Low haven't really dominated any games. They are both expected to take leadership roles this year and haven't looked like game changing players. Albeit this is preseason and they may not be trying, it worries me a little.
3. Backup wing positions are also question marks. Minus that 25 point game, Ross hasn't looked good. Landry Fields also looks bad- the jump shot hasn't improved much.
4. Defense is not very impressive overall, although last night was a great sign. I see way too many open shots and offensive boards.
5. Turnovers are a mess from first few games.
There are some good signs. DD is coming along nicely, Amir does his thing and Hansbrough has been a great player off the bench.
But considering all these factors, I am lowering my expectations from a 8-seed to 10-seed
Last edited by js12; 10-24-2013 at 06:52 AM.