POST GAME THREAD: Toronto 93 - Philadelphia 98
Old 04-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default POST GAME THREAD: Toronto 93 - Philadelphia 98

.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,191
Representing:
Default

perfectly tanked. liked what i saw from a bunch of guys.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,374
Representing:
Default

In the words of a very wise young man: viva entertankment!
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
...

Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Espoo, Finland
Posts: 2,344
Representing:
Default

I liked what I saw from some of the guys. And Jay finally had the guts to take a T.

I would still kinda like to see Alabi play. Its not like we dont know what to expect from Reggie. We are supposed and trying to lose the rest of the games, so why not give Alabi a chance. I guess during this injury plagued season we have seen all the rest of the crew already.

ps. Apologies to Jeff for all the misspellings. To my defense, Im very drunk and not a native speaker.
Rudy-T is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

6 Man Like Lou Will
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,629
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy-T View Post
I liked what I saw from some of the guys. And Jay finally had the guts to take a T.

I would still kinda like to see Alabi play. Its not like we dont know what to expect from Reggie. We are supposed and trying to lose the rest of the games, so why not give Alabi a chance. I guess during this injury plagued season we have seen all the rest of the crew already.

ps. Apologies to Jeff for all the misspellings. To my defense, Im very drunk and not a native speaker.
Totally agree with you, love to see what Alabi can bring.

But the scary part is that the coaching staff knows it's a throw-away year, and the likes of Ajinca and Dorsey gets PT over Alabi. Dude must really suck.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
editing this message!

Senior Member
 
jj33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,477
Representing:
Default

I just hope tanking doesn't become an habit like for timberwolves!!
They are tanking like 5 years in a row!!
jj33 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

no apologies for Jeff - that is a "banable offense" - and he didn't even answer your question Rudy.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
no apologies for Jeff - that is a "banable offense" - and he didn't even answer your question Rudy.
What question would that be? As for questioning someones spelling. It was pointed out to me so i felt it only right for me to do the same when i noticed it. Why not....what's good for one is good for another no? Plus, i laughed about it, who cares... even some of the so called "smartest" on this board fuck up their spelling. If it was pointed out every time it would be a constant spelling b up in here.

Last edited by jeffb; 04-08-2011 at 09:54 PM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,906
Representing:
Default

Bayless with another beast performance... he completely shut down Holiday's offensive game too.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
editing this message!

Senior Member
 
jj33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,477
Representing:
Default

They play better D without Bargs and Jose!!! Who needs Kemba when you have Bayless!!
jj33 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

6 Man Like Lou Will
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,629
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Bayless with another beast performance... he completely shut down Holiday's offensive game too.
Agreed. Why can't he put this much effort when he's coming off the bench?

Side note, I noticed that DeRozan is getting double teamed more often recently. I thought he handled it reasonably well, but still needs to work on those situations. Maybe have Evans and Wright double teaming him consistently in practice?
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,906
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
Agreed. Why can't he put this much effort when he's coming off the bench?

Side note, I noticed that DeRozan is getting double teamed more often recently. I thought he handled it reasonably well, but still needs to work on those situations. Maybe have Evans and Wright double teaming him consistently in practice?
Since he gets double-teamed alot he needs to improve his ball-handling. Right now his ball-handling is as bad as it gets.. he needs to work all summer in that specific area. If he can improve his ball-handling he'll become a more dangerous player.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
...

Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Espoo, Finland
Posts: 2,344
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
no apologies for Jeff - that is a "banable offense" - and he didn't even answer your question Rudy.
Ah that made me go back and see what the hell I asked (was a about the first Q D). At the same time I had to check back how bad my spelling was and my drunken eyes found nothing more wrong with it than a missing "t" (wrote though, should have been thought). Of course there might be many more violations against the rules of English or the rules of JeffB, but thats what I could come up with.

But thank god there is some one to correct all these mistakes or we Europians would think we are speaking English when in fact we just think we are. We should realise its an American language and we just cant comprehend it.

Last edited by Rudy-T; 04-08-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Rudy-T is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

6 Man Like Lou Will
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,629
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Since he gets double-teamed alot he needs to improve his ball-handling. Right now his ball-handling is as bad as it gets.. he needs to work all summer in that specific area. If he can improve his ball-handling he'll become a more dangerous player.
Hard to improve ball handling, but it would definitely help his game. Ball handling opens everything up since it gives you the chance to attack the basket and get easy points.

If DeRozan can have at least a respectable three point shot and improve his handles, he can make the all-star team.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
...

Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Espoo, Finland
Posts: 2,344
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
Agreed. Why can't he put this much effort when he's coming off the bench?
This seems to be the case with many NBA players. They look a lot better with starting position and minutes. There are only a few guys that look better coming of the bench (remember why Jose got his contract), but a lot of players become instantly good when given guaranteed minutes.
Rudy-T is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
...

Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Espoo, Finland
Posts: 2,344
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
Hard to improve ball handling, but it would definitely help his game. Ball handling opens everything up since it gives you the chance to attack the basket and get easy points.

If DeRozan can have at least a respectable three point shot and improve his handles, he can make the all-star team.
Agree. Ball handling is not easy to improve. That comes with years and years of handling the ball.

The three point shot is also a tricky thing. While DD needs to learn to make them at a decent percentage to be more dangerous offensive threat, I would hate for him to concentrate on that too much. He needs to be a guy that goes inside and attack the hoop. The mid-range game is really nice and all, but I dont want him to turn into a jump-shooter.
Rudy-T is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

6 Man Like Lou Will
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,629
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy-T View Post
Agree. Ball handling is not easy to improve. That comes with years and years of handling the ball.

The three point shot is also a tricky thing. While DD needs to learn to make them at a decent percentage to be more dangerous offensive threat, I would hate for him to concentrate on that too much. He needs to be a guy that goes inside and attack the hoop. The mid-range game is really nice and all, but I dont want him to turn into a jump-shooter.
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. Hate to see an athletic player like DeRozan turn into a chucker.

I see potential for him to improve 3 point shots though. Usually free throw shooting and three point shooting are correlated, and DeRozan has improved his free throw shooting this season.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
...

Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Espoo, Finland
Posts: 2,344
Representing:
Default

Lets just hope he can improve his 3-point shooting to average while still keeping in his mind that that is not his main weapon on offense.

btw. anyone remember this former franchise player named Chrish Bosh who learned to shoot the three. Wasnt that nice
Rudy-T is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
feeling the wind

Senior Member
 
LJkAze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,058
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12
Side note, I noticed that DeRozan is getting double teamed more often recently. I thought he handled it reasonably well, but still needs to work on those situations. Maybe have Evans and Wright double teaming him consistently in practice?.
That shows you how much of a beast he has become; once Davis and James become beastly just like how Bayless have shown us the past 5 games; it will lighten Demar Burden because the opponent will be too busy guarding our other players. This team is finally shaping up and fun to watch for the past 5 games; just need a couple more pieces ^_^
LJkAze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3
 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,113
Representing:
Default

finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24