Post-Game Thread: Minnesota Timberwolves 88 - Toronto Raptors 94 - Page 2

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > Toronto Raptors

View Poll Results: Player of the Game
CB4 33 64.71%
Jack 13 25.49%
Hedo 3 5.88%
DeRozan 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,895
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Buck 86

Celtics 91

early 4th


Hope for double overtime??
Yup. Good call, Jeff.

I checked out the boxscore, and it looks like the Bucks were killing Boston on the offensive glass in the first half. That's a big reason why the Bucks kept it close. I really hope Amir gets at least 25 minutes tomorrow.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia4ever View Post
I will hereby join in on the Triano bashing that has been taking place so far. He seriously needs to hold his players accountable, there were stretches in the game when both teams were just taking jumpshots without even waiting for their offences to catch up. In one instance I saw Andrea shoot a 3 (missing as usual) and Derozan turned around to run back to our side as Andrea shot the ball instead of trying to get in the inside for an Offensive rebound. Things like that happened the whole game.

My question is why does this coach always bring up lack of practise when we can't even take a game that is given to us seriously. The way we played this game tonight is the way people pick up bad habits. How can we ever expect to be a serious team when we don't give it our all?
It's DD's job to get back when that shot is taken to make sure that the other team doesn't get an easy runout on them.

That's basic team basketball.

Guards get back to protect the rim.

Bigs hit the glass.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
is waiting for the season to start

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,219
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Does anyone ever remember us winning while shooting 32% and .095% from 3??

LOL
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #24 (permalink)
everybody get off ur arses and vote CB4 to the All Star Game!

Str8 Shooter
 
.40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maple...by way of Rexdale
Posts: 699
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia4ever View Post
I will hereby join in on the Triano bashing that has been taking place so far. He seriously needs to hold his players accountable, there were stretches in the game when both teams were just taking jumpshots without even waiting for their offences to catch up. In one instance I saw Andrea shoot a 3 (missing as usual) and Derozan turned around to run back to our side as Andrea shot the ball instead of trying to get in the inside for an Offensive rebound. Things like that happened the whole game.

My question is why does this coach always bring up lack of practise when we can't even take a game that is given to us seriously. The way we played this game tonight is the way people pick up bad habits. How can we ever expect to be a serious team when we don't give it our all?
Must we always have negativity. Hey I got criticisms too...but we got the W tonight man! Just enjoy the win homie. Enjoy the win.

Tomorrow is another day.
.40 Cal Flakes is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #25 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Waterloo / Toronto
Posts: 139
Representing:
Default

I want to vote for Bargs for keeping the streak alive!!! he also got a couple of key boards down the stretch of the fourth
HugoBoss is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:01 PM   #26 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,385
Representing:
Default

Bosh with 15 boards? (I think)

goddamn.
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,766
Representing:
Default

Triano got lucky Wright hit that shot because he had NO business being i nthe game at the end.

Why the fuck does he continue to refuse to play Derozan in the later stages of the 4th if at all?

You cant gain trust in him late in games if he never plays, nor gets any experience.

And let me speak for all of us when I say:

Why the fuck did I put myself through that.

Man that game was brutal.

Its not like defence stopped the teams from scoring, it was just scrubness.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #28 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,337
Representing:
Default

bosh was great - 3rd consecutive game with a very good defensive performance.
But Jack was very good too, he's a bit selfish imo, and probably has some fault for our bad shooting night, but as a scoring PG he was fantastic + gave us great points when it mattered.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,556
Representing:
Hedo- struggled with his shot, but got to the line 14 times

Bosh- Another 16reb, this seems like the norm now

Bargs- hits big 3, 2blks, good D down the stretch

Jack- Great game 17/8/7 (2TO's)

Derozan- 15/6 this kid is taking strides every game it seems.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,337
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
Triano got lucky Wright hit that shot because he had NO business being i nthe game at the end.

Why the fuck does he continue to refuse to play Derozan in the later stages of the 4th if at all?

You cant gain trust in him late in games if he never plays, nor gets any experience.

And let me speak for all of us when I say:

Why the fuck did I put myself through that.

Man that game was brutal.

Its not like defence stopped the teams from scoring, it was just scrubness.
I think derozan is still a liability with his poor shooting. You want shooter at the end of the game, to make space for Bosh, derozan's game works well when players relax. And defensively, wright is better anyway,

I LOVE how we're playing derozan, shield him away from stressfull scenarios until he's confident enough, while giving him significant minutes againt top competition.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,766
Representing:
Default

So by your logic we're just never going to play him in crunchtime this year because hes not a good shooter yet?

He can drive to the basket if the D helps off of him. Its not like hes gonna be o nthe same side as Bosh anyway.

Him going into next year not playing any crunchtime minutes isnt a good thing. We dont have a SG better than him, so he better start playing crunchtime minutes soon.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #32 (permalink)
is tired of all the Jose hating on this forum! sigh...

Senior Member
 
takman_777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NorthWestern Ontario
Posts: 1,804
Representing:
Default

why can't we just enjoy the fact the we didn't play 100% and won? that should be enough for any fan to sit back and enjoy. but not some of the posters here. always looking for something to thrash. I am surprised no has called for Jose to be traded yet tonight!

tough crowd! this team worked hard defensively and were rewarded for it on a night when they were very poor offensively. 40 points from the FT line tells me they were attacking! that is a very good thing as they looked to exploit an even weaker interior defense. the balance shown on offense was good to see, the bench was weak, but with Jack starting, you can't expect Banks to step in and drop 10!

if the raps sink 3 more 3's this game is a blow out! it really is that simple! the shots didn't fall and we outplayed them inside. good win, good 3rd win in a row, good game and good job by Triano, again. this team is starting to show some balls and are being rewarded for it. good for them and it gives me hope that this season is not going the wrong way anymore!

another good game for the rookie! his time is coming!
takman_777 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #33 (permalink)
an anti-social person

Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 248
Representing:
Default

I hope Bosh stays, we finally have the sg that he can work with.
jepot is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #34 (permalink)
a Raptors fan

Free DeMar DeRozan

 
zachus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,833
Representing:
Default

Tonight DeMar played better defense than Antoine Wright, and Wright's consistent screwups on offense make me wonder how he even sees the court at all.

Wright had no business being in the game in the fourth quarter, no business at all, not to mention taking two awful shots (one of which he fortunately made).

W
zachus is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:13 PM   #35 (permalink)
everybody get off ur arses and vote CB4 to the All Star Game!

Str8 Shooter
 
.40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maple...by way of Rexdale
Posts: 699
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
So by your logic we're just never going to play him in crunchtime this year because hes not a good shooter yet?

He can drive to the basket if the D helps off of him. Its not like hes gonna be o nthe same side as Bosh anyway.

Him going into next year not playing any crunchtime minutes isnt a good thing. We dont have a SG better than him, so he better start playing crunchtime minutes soon.
There's plenty of time to get DD accustomed to playing in critical minutes. The way the coaching staff have moved him along seems to be working so far, so why change it.
.40 Cal Flakes is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #36 (permalink)
thinking Stephen Harper has got to go.

Senior Student
 
lonewolfpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Markham, Canada
Posts: 1,239
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
I think derozan is still a liability with his poor shooting. You want shooter at the end of the game, to make space for Bosh, derozan's game works well when players relax. And defensively, wright is better anyway,

I LOVE how we're playing derozan, shield him away from stressfull scenarios until he's confident enough, while giving him significant minutes againt top competition.
If you want a shooter at the end of games then Wright has no business being on the floor at the end of games either.
lonewolfpoet is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #37 (permalink)
everybody get off ur arses and vote CB4 to the All Star Game!

Str8 Shooter
 
.40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maple...by way of Rexdale
Posts: 699
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by takman_777 View Post
why can't we just enjoy the fact the we didn't play 100% and won? that should be enough for any fan to sit back and enjoy. but not some of the posters here. always looking for something to thrash. I am surprised no has called for Jose to be traded yet tonight!

tough crowd! this team worked hard defensively and were rewarded for it on a night when they were very poor offensively. 40 points from the FT line tells me they were attacking! that is a very good thing as they looked to exploit an even weaker interior defense. the balance shown on offense was good to see, the bench was weak, but with Jack starting, you can't expect Banks to step in and drop 10!

if the raps sink 3 more 3's this game is a blow out! it really is that simple! the shots didn't fall and we outplayed them inside. good win, good 3rd win in a row, good game and good job by Triano, again. this team is starting to show some balls and are being rewarded for it. good for them and it gives me hope that this season is not going the wrong way anymore!

another good game for the rookie! his time is coming!
+1,000,000 Right on man
.40 Cal Flakes is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #38 (permalink)
is waiting for the season to start

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,219
Representing:
Default

Did anyone just watch Kardinal Official on the scores court surfring...

what the fuck was that?
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #39 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,780
Representing:
Default

JJ for player of the game. He's showing his true value now.

Bargnani played well when it mattered most, but damn I wish Amir got some of his minutes. And DD has to get more minutes as well.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #40 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,099
Representing:
Default

Ugly game tonight. I am surpirsed we didn't have much offensive firepower in there tonight considering we got 2 days off. Just imagine if we had that, our defence was sick, we woulda had a 20 point win. Anyways a W is a W. JJ had the best game but Jose still starts
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
POST GAME: Minnesota Timberwolves 110 - Toronto Raptors 118 Belsius Toronto Raptors 80 02-25-2009 07:51 AM
Final: Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Toronto Raptors Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 336 02-24-2009 09:37 PM
POST GAME: Toronto Raptors 110 - Minnesota Timberwolves 102 Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 52 02-11-2009 05:04 PM
Game Thread: Minnesota Timberwolves 85 - Toronto Raptors 107 (F) Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 54 02-28-2008 09:34 PM
Game Thread: Toronto Raptors 105 - Minnesota Timberwolves 82 (F) Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 46 02-11-2008 10:08 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24