Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   POST GAME: Boston Celtics 94 - Toronto Raptors 88 (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/post-game-boston-celtics-94-toronto-raptors-88-a-5630.html)

Dr. J. Naismith 01-11-2009 02:35 PM

POST GAME: Boston Celtics 94 - Toronto Raptors 88
 
Opening soon.

Belsius 01-11-2009 03:05 PM

I usually dont like to blame anything on one particular player but GET RID OF JAMARIO MOON.

Thug 01-11-2009 03:06 PM

If Moon made that three..:sigh:

Kirby 01-11-2009 03:07 PM

Let's hope Bosh brings the hammer tomorrow like he did in the last 4 minutes.

StresS 01-11-2009 03:07 PM

keep him and play him off the bench.
defense and rebouning from the wing spot.

2thesky 01-11-2009 03:07 PM

yah moon killed it sorry he should have passed it and i was like before he took it he kinda hesitated thats wen i knew it wasnt gona go in

Febreezy 01-11-2009 03:08 PM

We got Mooned :dead:

RapMan99 01-11-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belsius (Post 115870)
I usually dont like to blame anything on one particular player but GET RID OF JAMARIO MOON.

You crazy? Moon was our best player:

15 pts. on 65% eFG%
12 boards + dimes + blocks + steals

Raps4lyfe 01-11-2009 03:08 PM

MAN...:sigh:

Stonezz 01-11-2009 03:08 PM

Moon tried to be the hero and failed miserably :sigh:

There's always tommorow guys :(

Stonezz 01-11-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RapMan99 (Post 115878)
You crazy? Moon was our best player:

15 pts. on 65% eFG%
12 boards + dimes + blocks + steals

Those numbers mean nothing since he made poor decisions with the game on the line and we lost

2thesky 01-11-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Febreezy (Post 115877)
We got Mooned :dead:

lol we did for sure

Xeon 01-11-2009 03:09 PM

I don't understand why Triano just doesn't tell Moon to never ever attempt a 3 or his ass will be benched.

StresS 01-11-2009 03:10 PM

maybe if we keep losing we'll get stephen curry to run the point.

Da'Peg 01-11-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonezz (Post 115880)
Moon tried to be the hero and failed miserably :sigh:

There's always tommorow guys :(

Don't blame it on Moon. Him and Graham were the reason we got back into the game in the first place. Did you realize how many shots Bosh missed so don't blame it on Moon. What about the shot Bargs missed right after Moon's.

Dr. J. Naismith 01-11-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belsius (Post 115870)
I usually dont like to blame anything on one particular player but GET RID OF JAMARIO MOON.

It's tough Bel because outside of that shot he played well on defense and rebounding. But I understand where your coming from. Very frustrating. :(

Dr. J. Naismith 01-11-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeon (Post 115883)
I don't understand why Triano just doesn't tell Moon to never ever attempt a 3 or his ass will be benched.

That I agree with. ;)

Ex2k 01-11-2009 03:14 PM

My Thoughts...

With the way the big 3 (aside from Allen) played today, and no perkins you would think we would have a great chance beating this team, or even winning large with the way the celitics have played.

soooo

1. Calderon is not to blame at all...

2. As said before, if this team shoots over 50% and plays half ass defence they win.

3. No one showed up today except Joey G ... kaps should of gotten more playing time earlier in the game.

4. Joey G deserves a start guarding pierce tommarow night

5. Calderon shouldn't play tommarow night and rest up for chicago wednesday.

6. Chris Bosh & Jamario Moon should not be allowed to shoot 3's if Kapono is on the floor.... period

Looking forward to tommarow's game. Let's hope Pierce knee is soar tommarow and he doesn't play or plays limited minutes. KG is cold again (yeah right) and Ray Allen getting his shooting game back isn't a good thing for us.

Aslong as it's a close game and competitive i'll be happy.

Stonezz 01-11-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da'Peg (Post 115886)
Don't blame it on Moon. Him and Graham were the reason we got back into the game in the first place. Did you realize how many shots Bosh missed so don't blame it on Moon. What about the shot Bargs missed right after Moon's.

I blame the whole team for the loss, but all i said is that he tried to be the hero and failed. Is there any falseness to that statement?

insight_tor 01-11-2009 03:15 PM

That's silly to blame Moon for this loss ... Celtics lead by as many as 20 and Raptors made a huge came back attempt. Moon misses a three point jumper and he is the bad one? Plus getting rid of him is not like is going to give us a worthy replacement.

StresS 01-11-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeon (Post 115883)
I don't understand why Triano just doesn't tell Moon to never ever attempt a 3 or his ass will be benched.

because itll ruin his confidence and his entire game will suffer.
he's a capable shooter and he's already been told.
in the last game against memphis he was wide open for 3 and he looked over at jay who was right behind him before he decided to jack it up.... he ended up missing it.

moon is still developing, as old as he is.

Kirby 01-11-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StresS (Post 115884)
maybe if we keep losing we'll get stephen curry to run the point.

You want someone to run the point? Ricky Rubio :dancing:

Dr. J. Naismith 01-11-2009 03:17 PM

One person shouldn't be blamed for this loss. That's ridiculous. There were tons of contributing factors from the players to the coaches. We lost this as a team. Blaming one person is stupid.

insight_tor 01-11-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeon (Post 115883)
I don't understand why Triano just doesn't tell Moon to never ever attempt a 3 or his ass will be benched.

Common ... let the kids have fun. If you follow Raptors news, that's the new strategy.

StresS 01-11-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith (Post 115896)
One person shouldn't be blamed for this loss. That's ridiculous. There were tons of contributing factors from the players to the coaches. We lost this as a team. Blaming one person is stupid.

but putting the majority of the blame on some in particular is well within reason.

*cough* jose *cough*

Ex2k 01-11-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StresS (Post 115884)
maybe if we keep losing we'll get stephen curry to run the point.

lol... Did Jose Calderon refuse to sign your jersey or something at some point in his time in Toronto.

Really, almost all your post's have something to do with him or the PG position on this team... just curious :confused2:

The MVP of West Hollywood 01-11-2009 03:20 PM

Like I said before, we have the worst team to take advantage of Boston's glaring holes right now, especially with Jose back. They can't stop teams running on them and their bench has been getting killed. Well they didn't have to worry about that here

Dr. J. Naismith 01-11-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StresS (Post 115894)
because itll ruin his confidence and his entire game will suffer.
he's a capable shooter and he's already been told.
in the last game against memphis he was wide open for 3 and he looked over at jay who was right behind him before he decided to jack it up.... he ended up missing it.

moon is still developing, as old as he is.

There's a time a place to be a hero. Jamario lacks mental maturity. That missed three killed whatever momentum we had. Not blaming him for today's loss, but he needs to play smarter especially against teams like Boston.

Dr. J. Naismith 01-11-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StresS (Post 115898)
but putting the majority of the blame on some in particular is well within reason.

*cough* jose *cough*

Give it up Stress ... your shtick is getting old. :yawn:

insight_tor 01-11-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StresS (Post 115894)
because itll ruin his confidence and his entire game will suffer.
he's a capable shooter and he's already been told.
in the last game against memphis he was wide open for 3 and he looked over at jay who was right behind him before he decided to jack it up.... he ended up missing it.

moon is still developing, as old as he is.

LOL ... so instead of ruin his confidence, you better ruin Raptors chances to win. Moon takes too many threes, he MUST drive more to basket and get at FT line. If he doesn't understand this, put his ass on bench for the rest of the game so he wouldn't play without confidence.

Rye 01-11-2009 03:21 PM

you can't blame Moon for taking those 3 point shots near the end, we all know he likes to take threes (and miss), that's just his game. he had open looks so he has to shoot.

Ex2k 01-11-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith (Post 115901)
There's a time a place to be a hero. Jamario lacks mental maturity. That missed three killed whatever momentum we had. Not blaming him for today's loss, but he needs to play smarter especially against teams like Boston.

Doc, sometimes do you think if we blame a particular player for something he definitley did wrong and blame the entireeeeeee loss on him (even though it might not have been only his fault), that he wont ever do it again?

I'm willing to take this loss if it teaches Moon a lesson and to smarten up.

Dr. J. Naismith 01-11-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex2k (Post 115905)
Doc, sometimes do you think if we blame a particular player for something he definitley did wrong and blame the entireeeeeee loss on him (even though it might not have been only his fault), that he wont ever do it again?

I'm willing to take this loss if it teaches Moon a lesson and to smarten up.

Call me crazy, but I don't think he's bright enough to realize that. I mean, this isn't the first time its happened. :(

Stonezz 01-11-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith (Post 115901)
There's a time a place to be a hero. Jamario lacks mental maturity. That missed three killed whatever momentum we had. Not blaming him for today's loss, but he needs to play smarter especially against teams like Boston.

Yup. A lot of people here are praising Moon but he didn't do anything differently today. Yeah got got some boards, blocks etc. but that's what we expect of him. It's not like he was driving through the lane, he was settling for jumpers and more of them happened to fall today. Seems like an anomaly to me.

insight_tor 01-11-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rye (Post 115904)
you can't blame Moon for taking those 3 point shots near the end, we all know he likes to take threes (and miss), that's just his game. he had open looks so he has to shoot.

I don't blame Moon, I blame Triano who let him take whatever he wants.

Gurk 01-11-2009 03:26 PM

You guys are real pissed over this game. Sure we failed at some runs and our defence was poor at times, but this game showed us the Ukic should play over Solo-mon and that run in the end was amazing. hopefully we can take that into the next game

StresS 01-11-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex2k (Post 115899)
lol... Did Jose Calderon refuse to sign your jersey or something at some point in his time in Toronto.

Really, almost all your post's have something to do with him or the PG position on this team... just curious :confused2:

haha its funny because someone got one of my boys a calderon jersey for christmas and i threw it away. they actually got a signed bosh jersey framed and hanging on their bedroom wall.

he broke my heart.
i thought he would be a better PG this season because he certainly didnt impress me last season. his style of play this year is still simliar to last year minus the rare penetration and layups.

Stonezz 01-11-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rye (Post 115904)
you can't blame Moon for taking those 3 point shots near the end, we all know he likes to take threes (and miss), that's just his game. he had open looks so he has to shoot.

I disagree, with the game on the line no player should be taking 3's unless you're on fire or a 3 point specialist like Ray Ray or Kaps.

RapMan99 01-11-2009 03:28 PM

I just knew Bosh would be a soft jumper shooter tonight. After shooting 11-13 Friday, you knew he had the mindset "look at me, I'm a jump shooter". No Bosh, you're not. And almost every game where he shoots under 40% is because he settled for jumpers.

Toebee 01-11-2009 03:33 PM

It was stupid decision that made us lose and Moon made the biggest one of them all. Point the finger at his dumb ass. I don't like him! When did he become a jump shooter. Last time he should be in at the end of a game.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24