Possibly the first time in 2 years.... - Page 2
Old 10-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,177
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post

Lowry... had no idea he could shoot it from deep like that. Wow.
Where have you been, the last two seasons he's shooting 38% from deep
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,353
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Where have you been, the last two seasons he's shooting 38% from deep
Guess I just never noticed that part of his game.

Bonus!
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
The Man Who Does Everything

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,606
Representing:
Default

^ also we havent really gotten a good look at Lowry until now. His first few years he didnt play much while on Memphis and didnt mesh well with Conley. Went to Houston and started blossoming but he was a head case, and now we have him. Lowry sorta offers a lot of what alvin williams used to bring to the table, but is a much better scorer. However if Lowry struggles and is booted to the bench where Calderon starts again, he might not take it well like TJ Ford.

Worst case scenario is having another PG controversy
JDMtors is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:37 AM   #24 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,353
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMtors View Post
^ also we havent really gotten a good look at Lowry until now. His first few years he didnt play much while on Memphis and didnt mesh well with Conley. Went to Houston and started blossoming but he was a head case, and now we have him. Lowry sorta offers a lot of what alvin williams used to bring to the table, but is a much better scorer. However if Lowry struggles and is booted to the bench where Calderon starts again, he might not take it well like TJ Ford.

Worst case scenario is having another PG controversy
Honestly.... Unless Lowry goes brain dead I can't see there EVER being a "PG controversy" this season. Jose is on his way out the door and Lowry is just better at pretty much every phase of the game.

Kyle's probably the best PG we've had since since Damon (nojinxplz).
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:41 AM   #25 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,177
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Honestly.... Unless Lowry goes brain dead I can't see there EVER being a "PG controversy" this season. Jose is on his way out the door and Lowry is just better at pretty much every phase of the game.

Kyle's probably the best PG we've had since since Damon (nojinxplz).
Yep

Best PG's in our history:

1.Damon
2.Lowry
3.Alvin
4.Calderon
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #26 (permalink)
all set.

Junior Member
 
Chito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 45
Representing:
Default

Still needs some work to do, but it's looking good. The depth of this team is much better than the last few seasons. Barring any major injuries, this will be a good season for the Raps. Can't wait for the season to start.
Chito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
waitin for the Samba Twin Towers

keepin an eye on Il Muggo
 
bozonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 414
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I have a feeling Bargnani will kick into high gear soon. I don't know what's gotten to him. Fatigue can't be it.
It's called the Law of Averages or regressing to the mean..he will score 20 on average over the season.Don't get too excited, has some pasta and sooze
bozonic is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
The Man Who Does Everything

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,606
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Honestly.... Unless Lowry goes brain dead I can't see there EVER being a "PG controversy" this season. Jose is on his way out the door and Lowry is just better at pretty much every phase of the game.

Kyle's probably the best PG we've had since since Damon (nojinxplz).
I believe that Lowry is possibly the best PGs that we have ever had since the Damon / Alvin Williams day tbh. I just thought Ill say that Lowry had a issue when he got booted to the bench similarly to the issue that TJ had here. Calderon doesnt care if he starts and he'll continue to give 100% despite all of those trade talk, amnesty and always starting ot coming off the bench. I actually have a feeling htat Calderon is going to retire as a Raptor and be our backup Pg. Despite his defense, he's actually a decent PG that most teams would want on their team
JDMtors is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #29 (permalink)
T. Ross IS The Phantom Menace.

Lackey
 
Ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Mighty North Tundra
Posts: 3,505
Representing:
Default

What's important about Calderon too, at least this year, is he's a steady hand leading a 2nd unit that has a lot of developing players. And they know his game from his time here.
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #30 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,353
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
What's important about Calderon too, at least this year, is he's a steady hand leading a 2nd unit that has a lot of developing players. And they know his game from his time here.
Yep. That actually helps a great deal. He and Amir lead that 2nd unit well.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #31 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,353
Representing:
Default

Might be jumping the gun a little bit but I honestly think that this is the best starting 5 that I've seen from a Raps team in a long while.

Clear upgrades (IMO) to the 1,3 and 5 spots and DD has improved at the 2.

If Bargs can stay healthy and put together a good season that would seal it.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #32 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,221
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Might be jumping the gun a little bit but I honestly think that this is the best starting 5 that I've seen from a Raps team in a long while.

Clear upgrades (IMO) to the 1,3 and 5 spots and DD has improved at the 2.

If Bargs can stay healthy and put together a good season that would seal it.
i'd definitely say clear upgrades at the 1 and 5
fields hasn't proven he is a clear upgrade to james johnson, let alone an upgrade at all, only thing he's proven is that he's not going to force his game like JJ did trying to bring the ball up the court and run the offense too often leading to dribbling it off his foot or travelling
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #33 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canadia
Posts: 527
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
i'd definitely say clear upgrades at the 1 and 5
fields hasn't proven he is a clear upgrade to james johnson, let alone an upgrade at all, only thing he's proven is that he's not going to force his game like JJ did trying to bring the ball up the court and run the offense too often leading to dribbling it off his foot or travelling
That's an upgrade to me
Luckedout is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #34 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,353
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
i'd definitely say clear upgrades at the 1 and 5
fields hasn't proven he is a clear upgrade to james johnson, let alone an upgrade at all, only thing he's proven is that he's not going to force his game like JJ did trying to bring the ball up the court and run the offense too often leading to dribbling it off his foot or travelling
Fields' bball IQ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JJ's

It's not even close. JJ was a heck of an athlete but I like that Landry doesn't force his game and just plays off his teammates. I don't know if I've ever seen a Raptor player cut so well without the ball.

Once he gets his shot to start falling he'll impress even more.

With Lowry, DD and Bargs looking to score the ball I like Jo-Va and Fields playing tough D and doing the little things. Good balance on the floor.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #35 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Senior Member
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 9,808
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
i'd definitely say clear upgrades at the 1 and 5
fields hasn't proven he is a clear upgrade to james johnson, let alone an upgrade at all, only thing he's proven is that he's not going to force his game like JJ did trying to bring the ball up the court and run the offense too often leading to dribbling it off his foot or travelling
Watch what he does without the ball
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24