Possible 3 way trade with Raps, Lakers, Magic - Page 4
Old 02-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #61 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,493
Representing:
Default

Bring on Luke Walton!
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #62 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,778
Representing:
Default

I like the Calderon for Bynum+pick deal
hehehe
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #63 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,493
Representing:
Default

If Orlando doesn't want Bynum this is where I'd like to see Minnesota jump back into the mix to try and grab him. Bynum and Love would be unstoppable.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #64 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,493
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
If Orlando doesn't want Bynum this is where I'd like to see Minnesota jump back into the mix to try and grab him. Bynum and Love would be unstoppable.
LA isn't dealing Bynum to Minny without Love being in the deal.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #65 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,493
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
LA isn't dealing Bynum to Minny without Love being in the deal.
Lakers: Beasley, Barrea & Howard

Magic: Gasol & Derrick Williams

Wolves: Bynum

Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #66 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,467
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
I like the Calderon for Bynum+pick deal
hehehe
ye that sounds about fair lol
box92 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #67 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,493
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
I like the Calderon for Bynum+pick deal
hehehe
Or even DD, ED, Amir, Jose for Bynum and Walton!

carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #68 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,017
Representing:
Default

Quote:
A third team, the Toronto Raptors, could be part of the deal or in a separate trade with the Magic, sending PG José Calderon to Orlando.

Maybe we just send them Jose in a side deal if the three team deal gets done
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #69 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,943
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
nothing? so you know who we'd be getting?

Cool, who is it?
Orlando doesn't have anything we could possibly use as part of the rebuilding process. And late first-rounders don't have a particularly high rate of conversion, especially when it comes to this team.
MikeToronto is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #70 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,017
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
Orlando doesn't have anything we could possibly use as part of the rebuilding process. And late first-rounders don't have a particularly high rate of conversion, especially when it comes to this team.
Whe was the last time we had a late first round pick?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #71 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

a late pick could get tony wroten jr though..............
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #72 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,778
Representing:
Default

I was referring to Jeff's post earlier in the thread if anyone didn't know .
Ryan Anderson is an expiring.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #73 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,467
Representing:
Default

it can also get someone like kobongo
box92 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #74 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

it almost seems like you guys just want a trade, any trade, anything. It's like you are seeing all this hype involving other teams that you feel left out, so you catch a faint scent of anything close to a rumour and it's KAPOW, full steam ahead.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #75 (permalink)
half-dead inside

Junior Member
 
sabas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 58
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
it almost seems like you guys just want a trade, any trade, anything. It's like you are seeing all this hype involving other teams that you feel left out, so you catch a faint scent of anything close to a rumour and it's KAPOW, full steam ahead.
+1

and 'trade Calderon' sounds more and more like 'Carthago delenda est'
sabas is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #76 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,943
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Whe was the last time we had a late first round pick?
It's been a while, and not on BC's watch, but the list is quite scary:

2000 - MoPete @ #21 (the best late pick in our history)
2001 - Bradley @ #17
2002 - Rush @ #20 (traded to LA for an ever worse player in Jeffries)
2005 - Joey Graham @ #16

Please note that these are all before or close to #20. If the season were to end today, Orlando would pick @ #24, Dallas - @ #23 and LA - @ #21. Still want those picks?

P.S.: In all the years of this franchise, we've failed to convert a single second-rounder into an even remotely serviceable player and also managed to fuck up quite a few lottery picks (Radojević and Araujo come to mind).
MikeToronto is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #77 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,017
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
It's been a while, and not on BC's watch, but the list is quite scary:

2000 - MoPete @ #21 (the best late pick in our history)
2001 - Bradley @ #17
2002 - Rush @ #20 (traded to LA for an ever worse player in Jeffries)
2005 - Joey Graham @ #16

Please note that these are all before or close to #20. If the season were to end today, Orlando would pick @ #24, Dallas - @ #23 and LA - @ #21. Still want those picks?

P.S.: In all the years of this franchise, we've failed to convert a single second-rounder into an even remotely serviceable player and also managed to fuck up quite a few lottery picks (Radojević and Araujo come to mind).
So 7+years ago under other GM's?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #78 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,943
Representing:
Default

Some worthy examples of thinking, not necessarily agreeing with each other, about potentially trading Jose:

Calderon Trade Scenarios | Raptors Republic | ESPN TrueHoop's Toronto Raptors Blog

On Jose Trades and Roster Utilization | Raptors Republic | ESPN TrueHoop's Toronto Raptors Blog
MikeToronto is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #79 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,933
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
Some worthy examples of thinking, not necessarily agreeing with each other, about potentially trading Jose:

Calderon Trade Scenarios | Raptors Republic | ESPN TrueHoop's Toronto Raptors Blog

On Jose Trades and Roster Utilization | Raptors Republic | ESPN TrueHoop's Toronto Raptors Blog
i like all the examples in the first link, a lot, was too lazy to read the second.
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #80 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,467
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
i like all the examples in the first link, a lot, was too lazy to read the second.
Raptors/Rockets/Lakers
To Rockets – Gasol
To Lakers – Calderon, Scola
To Raptors – Lowry


Thats the one I was thinking when I first saw the rumour
box92 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24